Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen one:confused: If this is the only one,post transfer news in here:)

Frank Lampard's impressive form for Chelsea has prompted interest from Internazionale, who watched the midfielder in the Champions League semifinal at Monaco this week.
Inter's technical director Marco Branca and adviser for the transfer market Gabriele Oriali were at the Stade Louis II, where Lampard was Chelsea's best performer in a 3-1 defeat.

Branca said yesterday that he did not attend the game to assess anyone in particular but described Lampard as "a great player". He added: "We don't want to talk about the transfer market at this delicate part of the season."

Lampard is negotiating a new contract with Chelsea, where his existing deal expires in the summer of 2006. His agent Steve Kutner said he was aware of Inter's interest.

"Inter love him," he said. "They think he's great. They're not the only major club in Italy who think he's fantastic. But Frank's got a contract at Chelsea for two more years. I think he would like to extend it and we are talking to Chelsea but we are nowhere near an agreement.

"The ball's in Chelsea's court. We would like to get it done. If Frank had his way he would sign a long-term contract and stay at Chelsea. It's very flattering that other European clubs think he's a good player but that's as far as it has gone."

Inter's main target next summer will be a central midfielder and they have also been linked with Chelsea's Juan Sebastián Verón and Roma's Emerson. They have won their last five games to move up to fourth in Serie A and are one of the few Italian clubs with money to spend. Inter have players they would be willing to offer as part of any transfer package, including the striker Christian Vieri, who refused to sit on the bench against Bologna last weekend, and the former Ajax winger Andy van der Meyde, who is keen to move to England.

Roma's Argentinian defender Walter Samuel, a transfer target for Chelsea, has met Franco Baldini, the director of sport of the Italian club, together with his agents, to discuss his future at the club. The 26-year-old player asked Roma to give him a quick answer on their plans for next season. He also told the club that he would be keen to join Roman Abramovich's side. Roma trail Milan by eight points with just four matches to play and they are far from solving their financial problems.

Last week Samuel said that he would not consider a move to another Italian club.

"I would never play for Milan, Inter or Juve, out of respect for the Roma fans," he said. "I have nothing against those clubs, but playing for them does not interest me. I am far more attracted by the idea of playing in England."

Meanwhile, Chelsea's chief executive Peter Kenyon has called on the players to put Tuesday's disappointment behind them and concentrate on Sunday's game at Newcastle and the push for second place which would guarantee a Champions League spot.

"Everyone in the squad wants to finish first in the league but it looks as though that goal has eluded us," he said. "But finishing second, above one of our long-standing rivals in Manchester United, would still be an achievement."

Kenyon was photographed in Spain with Abramovich earlier this week, reportedly having just met the agent of the Porto coach Jose Mourinho, prompting the Portuguese club to complain to Uefa.

Kenyon told Chelsea TV: "We attract headlines no matter what we do. I think it comes with the territory. They aren't always what you want, if I'm being honest. There's a lot of speculation again and it's not helpful."

In a recent interview with Portuguese journalists, Mourinho expressed reservations about a switch to Chelsea. "Liverpool is a club that would interest everyone, but Chelsea does not appeal to me as much because it is such a new project.

"I think it's a project where, if they fail to win everything, Roman Abramovich could retire and take his money out of the club. As such, it is an uncertain project. It is interesting, of course, for a coach to have that sort of money to bring in top quality players, but you never know if that kind of project will bring you success."

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Owen afraid of Serie A football?

Michael Owen has admitted he is aware of how different the Italian game is from England’s. “It's a lot more disciplined and demanding in Italy. You are never at home and are preparing for days before the game,” says the England international. “It's a different culture and some people are scared to do it, especially if you have been at a club for a long time.” Reports in Italy and England claim that Liverpool have been contacted by two unnamed Serie A sides over Owen’s future, but one of them is almost certainly Inter.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Inter line up Lampard Friday 23 April, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter could swoop for Frank Lampard this summer after talks regarding a new contract with Chelsea collapsed.

The Italian outfit have been following the midfielder with real interest this season after a string of fine performances.

Reports allege that transfer officials Marco Branca and Lele Oriali watched Lampard in Monaco this week during the 3-1 defeat.

They may now make an offer for the former West Ham player in a bid to take advantage of the England international÷Õ personal situation.

Lampard still has two years left on his current deal at Stamford Bridge but he÷Õ been in negotiations over a new contract.

Chelsea are ready to offer him a five-year agreement but the two parties have yet to agree financial terms.

The 25-year-old would like to be paid a similar amount to what the likes of Claude Makelele and Juan Sebastian Veron net but Chelsea have so far refused.

Lampard has arguably been Chelsea÷Õ most influential figure this term after excelling under Italian tactician Claudio Ranieri.

channel4

================

Lampard agent admits Italian interest

Frank Lampard�fs agent Steve Kutner claims that several Serie A sides, apart from Inter, are interested in the Chelsea midfielder. �gThey think he's great. They're not the only major club in Italy who think he's fantastic. But Frank's got a contract at Chelsea for two more years. I think he would like to extend it and we are talking to the club, but we are nowhere near an agreement.�h

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Emerson requests transfer - report Friday 23 April, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It’s reported that tonight’s meeting between Emerson’s agent and Roma directors sealed his summer departure from the Capital.

Emerson had been expected to move on next season as his contract expires in 2005 and talks to renew hit numerous problems.

Agent Gilmar Veloz met with director of sport Franco Baldini this evening and it is claimed he asked for the player to be sold.

In order to avoid losing him for nothing a year later, the former Bayer Leverkusen midfielder will be released for approximately £20m.

An offer from Chelsea was rejected last summer and the Stamford Bridge outfit is still very interested in snapping him up.

However, Inter are also front-runners in the race to sign the Seleçao star who missed the 2002 World Cup due to a shoulder injury.

This is particularly disappointing news for Giallorossi supporters, as this week Walter Samuel has also suggested his time at the Olimpico is up.

channel4

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Owen would be TERRIFIED!!!!!!!! of Serie A football. I may be biased because I dislike him but he couldn't handle it and would only be able to score against little teams like Lucchese

·
Registered
63 Posts
Umarnino said:
Owen would be TERRIFIED!!!!!!!! of Serie A football. I may be biased because I dislike him but he couldn't handle it and would only be able to score against little teams like Lucchese
I tottaly Agree.
there are some players that can only adjust to one pace of football, all country's have different types of football speeds and strengths.
Rivaldo is the best example in spain he was exellent and i think everyone would agree with that but once he went to AC Milan it ruined his career because he could'nt adjust to Italian type football.
I think Mutu is the same , he is playing fairly good at Chelsea but at Parma he was something different he was something special.
Most players going into the Serie A have problems , only the special players survive.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I could see mexes in a inter shirt could you???

I keep on getting these vague visions about mexes coming to Inter it has happened before e.g. George Boateng to Middlesborough before he went same with Ugo Egiough also kalou going to inter for that millie second. You do not have to take my word but I've got a feeling that he would be attracted to this club.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Fabio Cassandro said:
I tottaly Agree.
there are some players that can only adjust to one pace of football, all country's have different types of football speeds and strengths.
Rivaldo is the best example in spain he was exellent and i think everyone would agree with that but once he went to AC Milan it ruined his career because he could'nt adjust to Italian type football.
I think Mutu is the same , he is playing fairly good at Chelsea but at Parma he was something different he was something special.
Most players going into the Serie A have problems , only the special players survive.
i'm definety don't agree with that, as i don't believe that players can not make it in a league coz they are not good enough ... Any player can play anywhere as long as the conditions are right for him. what i am sayin is that if the player has the trust of the team and fits into the coach's way of football then he will adabt to whatever league he is playin in ... For example:

Rivaldo: at Barca and in the NT (wc2002) fitted perfectly with the coach's way of football ... and he was exellent in both, then he moves on to Milan where he is competing for a position which is not his, the playmaker position, where there already is one of the best playmakers in the world (rui costa) .... Now what if Milan played with Rivaldo in a Totti role and fielded sheva as a lone num9, odds are that Rivaldo would have played he always does when he is in that position.

Veron is an another example, but this time he moved from Italy to the "easier" league the EPL ... the problem here is he moved to a team which is coached by a manager that has never worked with playmaker, and thus, Veron is wanted to do things differently then what he is used to .... to prove this try and remember Veron's best matches with Man U, what comes to my mind is the matches where he played along side Butt, who is more or less like almedya, what happend now is that Veron was in complete control of the midfield (as butt leaves these jobs to the other central midfielder) and he was allowed to play the way he does.

Basically, imo any player can shine as long as the system protects him, However, only the the real greats shine no matter what conditions they are in (Pele, Zidane, Cruyff ..etc)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts