Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what were everyones thoughts on how transfer have been going>

Is lazio the team to beat next season: They seem to be on fire with signings. INter/Juve trying to compete/Roma (BATI)
have not heard to much milan" Parma getting their:

I think when you try and change a complete team you usually ended loosing ground the following year..
Personally I dont think all these moves for LAzio is a good one..Do they want to prove who has money..
It doesnt always mean those that do have the best teams>
For this season to come look for some underated teams to step up..

Anything to add feel free
What are your thoughts: on all these transferS?

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Yepp Lazio is being very stupid, ok the Lopez bought was good, but buying Crespo and giving up conceicao was stupid,
The gianichedda and Fiore transfer is even more stupid, they don't even need those players!

B

·
0 Posts
AS Roma could become a big time contender - Batistuta is a goal-scoring guarantee, Emerson is a very good defensive midfielder, Nakata should develop, Totti is great anyway. And Samuel looks promising.

Lazio has too many stars, there´ll be trouble if some of them end up as subs.

Parma seems to have benefited from the swap deal with Lazio - Conceicao and Almeyda are great, Amoroso should be fit, signing another striker would be positive, though. But: watch out for Parma.

The Milan teams are strong enough to compete on top, but I would not rank them above all others. Why has Inter sold Georgatos? I thought he played well last season. Recoba can turn out to be the star of the season. Farinos is good, but I doubt that Sukur makes his way in Milan.
Milan actually just brought back loaned-out players, no really big transfers so far. But I like Roque Jr. & Dida, they have potential.

Juve signed Trezeguet, but I think he needs at least one year to adapt on Serie A - style, so they better keep Kovacevic for one more year. Del Piero should be fit again.

Fiorentina finally should try everything to bring in Morientes or Milosevic, otherwise they´ll get stuck in the middle.

Napoli should go for Vidigal and Carbone!

[Edited by Bateman on 12-07-2000 at 22:07]

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is that all that matters how many italians are on one squad>
Having too many players /means subs..It does not always mean having all the stars that you have an unstoppable team..
How well will all these players play together right off the start:

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
ROME (AP) -- For Serie A "market watchers," the rumors are flying faster and names coming quicker than ever.

AC Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi will soon close a deal with "one of the top five players in the world"; Juventus wants Brazil's best, Rivaldo; AC Parma is after Yugoslavia's new star Savo Milosevic ... No, wait, it wants Dutch forward Patrick Kluivert instead.

Even the name of David Beckham, Manchester United's franchise for the future, is in circulation in Serie A.

Sparked by Lazio's record-setting purchase of Argentina's Hernan Crespo, the top Italian league squads have launched a mad rush this week to strike deals with the world's top players for fear that the league champions could run away with another title.

Berlusconi, whose "top five" remark on Monday set off a guessing game that included bet that Beckham would come to Milan, Italy's fashion capital, at the urging of his Spice Girl wife, Victoria Adams.

"Among the expectations of the fans, there is also the No. 1 fan, the owner, who hopes to be able to strike a blow by acquiring one of those players who can make the difference," Berlusconi was quoted as saying Thursday in Gazzetta dello Sport in response to the round of rumors.

Another Milan possibility mentioned is Rivaldo, the reigning golden ball winner. Last year's Serie A runner-up Juventus is reportedly also eyeing him.

The flurry of activity follows the announcement Tuesday that Lazio, coming off its first Serie A championship in 26 years, had agreed to pay soccer's all-time high total of 110 billion lire (US$55 million) in cash and player value to AC Parma for Crespo, arguably one of the two best young strikers in the Italian league.

The squad had earlier acquired another Argentine forward, Claudio Lopez, who came over from Championship league runner-up Valencia for a cool 54 billion lire (US$27 million).

Lazio has also come to terms this week with Udinese on a deal that would bring rising Italian midfield stars Stefano Fiore and Giuliano Giannichedda to Rome for the 2001-2002 season.

The services of Dutch standout Boudewijn Zenden, who will reportedly be bought from Barcelona for 24 billion lire (US$12 million), have also been secured by Lazio.

Lazio owner Sergio Cragnotti, according to reports in Thursday's sports dailies, is still not satisfied, and may be pursuing a deal to send Chile's Marcelo Salas and Yugoslavia's Dejan Stankovic to Barcelona for Portuguese star Luis Figo.

Even without Figo, Lazio coach Sven Goran Eriksson, likes what he sees.

"It was difficult to improve the skill level from last year's group," said Eriksson. "But Cragnotti has done it. Undoubtedly on paper, we are one of the best squads in the world... This is a dream team."

His counterpart in Parma, Alberto Malesani, has no time for dreaming. Though it has pumped up its midfield in the deal with Lazio, acquiring Argentina's Matias Almeyda and Portugal's Sergio Conceicao, Parma must fill the hole up front left by Crespo's departure, with Kluivert and Milosevic, two stars in Euro 2000, at the top of the wish list.

"We will have to replace Crespo," said Malesani. "He isn't just any old player."

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
because of euro2000

Usually, the transfers were distributed throughout the summer, but because of euro2000, the market has been quiet. the clubs put almost everything on hold, and now the season is almost started, we could see all these crazy?? deal. The price of players will surely go either up or down.
yup, it had gone crazy. and if crespo worth that much, we could probably see another new record (two record in one summer is a record itself) if rivaldo was to move club.
ciao!

·
Registered
986 Posts
hmmm...i'm a little scared to try and post now - not too easy to get all the "facts" over here (USA) but you guys help me keep up. (scary thought! :))

i agree that lazio are the best-looking team *on paper* but they'll probably have to endure at least half a season of playing together competitively before they click. I have no doubt that once rolling they could be almost unstoppable, but will they have enough time left in the season to pull out another come-from-behind scudetto?

of course, i have to say it - roma will finish top three, and depending on how well they can hold it together, will probably end up fighting it out for the crown. with the addition of batigol to an already solid front line, anything is possible (though i don't think he's a god). and totti just gets better and better. my biggest worry is antonoli in goal, but he has his moments.

shevo for milan will be formidable, as i don't think last season wasa fluke. he was nasty with kiev, and hopefully will be as comfortable with milan this season (does anybody else dislike bierhoff? i can't stand him myself - it's like he's jealous of shevo and is actually hindering his performance, but i haven't watched enough milan gamess to know if this is true).

and i won't even mention cassano for bari...the kid's ridiculous. last game before the winter break last season? last two minutes of the game?? are you kidding me?! goal of the year ...and against inter!!! :D no offense to inter fans, they are a great team, but that was just like baggio against holland(?) in the '90 WC and the kid's only 17!!

Big Things to come from this one....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts