Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Moggi has been saying it since forever (and I never believed it :)), but today Roberto Bettega said it too, and I've yet to find him guilty of lying to us.
He added that Athirson will join on the 31 December though (free transfer :)), which pleases me alot.
If we indeed are certain to get him I will be satisfied with this seasons transfer campaign.
It would mean that the management has identified the positions we needed to strenghten and gone out and done that. Whether Trezeguet will be what we looked for remains to be seen, but I can't think del Piero won't al telast be more dangerous than last season, and to tell the truth that would be the most important change to our side.

The up-side of this is that we have a tight-nit squad. The players know eachother and we have great cover players for all positions. It should not be forgotten that we still have all our best players and if Zizou and Davids can continue along the same lines of last season, I don't think we have to envy any other team.

The down-side is that we really haven't bought any blockbuster players to the squad. The fans would like that, and possibly it could have made us a stronger side.

Juventus will be a team to reckon with next season, that's for sure, but if it'll be enough is still an open question.

I'm getting sick of monitoring the transfer situation to be honest, and I can't wait for the season to start.

Ciao.

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
There are three possible transfers still left for Juve.

1) Athirson (Almost a done deal)
2) Montella (Juve have officially offered $41 million for him)
3) Sergio Conceciao (He could end up signing if Athirson doesn't)

I am a bit dissapointed at the new transfers, but I like the potential of Trezeguet the most. But still I knew we were going to get a good forward, but I also wanted a very good midfielder as well, I am not familiar with this Athirson dude, so I can't say I am pumped about him.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No Dicky; I can't be sure about it because there's been no official statement saying so, but Bettega said he would join on December 31th. and that's when he becomes a free agent.
Moreover-everything I've read about statements of Athirson is that he wants to be with Juve when his current Flamengo contract ends. Getting him in December isn't that bad either (although I guess we would all like to have him from the start of the season) as he will be a starter for Brazil at the Olympics and will need a little rest after that.

Ciao.

D

·
0 Posts
Glen, i just read in the official site that Bettega confirm juve 's keen interest in Athirson,but haven't mentioned Athirson will sign for juve in Dec for free!!! Where did you get that news??

·
Registered
859 Posts
i am not really satisfied with the transfers....well Trezeguet is good but DelPiero is quite dissapointing...well last season he was passing the ball and creating goals...but really now itis time to become a striker again and i do not see that happening soon....
We should have gotten another Strong central midfielder besides Davids and Tachinnardi, Vieira would have been good but Juve should have also looked elsewhere once we didn't get him....
about Athirson, well it is good that we are getting him but then again the champions league and Serie A start before december 31 and for the champions league that's a pretty crucial period and i think we should have gotten a left winger before that...
Well i have a lot of doubts about the new season but well let's just wait and see...and if the Montella thing is true. why the hell are we buying more strikers...let's test the four, this is not the most crucial area for new people. Delpiero should just improve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts