Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jari litmanen has been transfer listed toghether with the keepers Ruud Hesp & Vitor Baia, Winston Bogarde, Sumuel Okunowo and Fredric Dehu.
So we will probably will get some of these players now when Overmars And Petit seem to go to Barca.
It would be really neet to get Jari Litmanen.
He got outstanding techniuqe. Thats why he once did go to Ajax.
We should get him as he can play as attacking midfielder and Forward.
He would be the excellent choice!

G

·
Not sure about litmanan myself. He's a descent player, but he's also injury prone, old, and on massive wages no doubt, given that he went to barca on a bosman. We also have a reasonable amount of cover for the position he would be optimal at with arsenal, namely support striker. There are higher priorities....when the hell are we going to buy a defender.

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes when???
Wenger cant seriously thinking of playing just the ones we got now or?
We need atleast one replacer for Adams and Keown
ok we got Upson but we need one more
And I dont wanna see Frederic Dehu!

G

·
Dehu isn't that bad :) but he's a defensive-midfielder anyway, that's not what Arsenal needs :(

Iv'e heard that Liverpool are currently the only english club thinking seriously about Litmanen. But was mentioned, Litmananen will be on a high wage, and pool have already bought Diomede,Barmby for high prices and are also still on Ziege's trail.

That new president of Barca was coming to Highbury to discuss a transfer of Petit and Overmars. Overmars for a big fee and Petit in exchange for Litmanen?

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Liverpool was after Litmanen when he signed for Barca if I dont remember wrong so its not that strange they after him again

G

·
Disagree. I think Dehu is exactly the kind of player arsenal need. Sure he can anchor the midfield, but he can also play in defence. In other words he's a defender which can pass. Which is something we currently lack though our defencive centre. The fact that he can also operate in midfield will be particularly beneficial now that it looks like small is going, though he is by no means adequate for the first team in that position.

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And so is the 40 years old kevin Hodges in Plymouth hehe
We need a world class player, maybe Dehu would be good but im sure we can get an even better player for the money we right now have.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
world class players?
tell me who is up for sale who is world class?
dehu is perfect as backup for adams and keown, which is badly needed
arsenal doent have the time to chase world class stars like blanc, thuram, nesta....
would southgate, ehiogu be world class enough for you wakky?

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Southgate would be defently better then Dehu in my opinion and besides he's english.
Is Gareth Barry,Kieron Dyer or Rio Ferdinand for sale?
They are all young and very promosing players.

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
He wouldn't be to bad would he?
Rio Ferdindand maybe not on his way to Arsenal but there no way he and Joe Cole wil stay in west ham so much longer, they cant afford em.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Loose Moose,I dont think Arsenal doesnt have the "time" to reach Thuram/Nesta etc etc.First of all they dont have the money and secondly they will never make them accept a move there.

G

·
I think Gareth Barry,Kieron Dyer and Rio Ferdinand, are all available for the right amount of money. However, I equally imagine the amount of money will be far in excess of what they are worth. Personally, I feel dyer and ferdinand are both far overated.

Dyer is like seedorf, he can dribble, he's fast, but he's also incredibly phucking stupid. His decision making is incredibly poor, which is why he was on newcastles bench for much of last season, while ~500 year old rob lee, was slowly crawing over the pitch with his zimmer frame. Ferdinand lacks concentration, he isn't the best defender. The only reason why he is so highly rated among the english media, is because he can pass, which is almost a unique quality among english defenders.

It's a pity the edmilson deal fell through.(

(Crippled brazilian player)!, Arsenal have a current transfer budget of £50+m, they can buy whoever they want, though they invariably will not. If we gave thuram enough money, he would come, after all, why do you think almeyda is at parma, the weather? the bright lights? the champions league football? Think about it.

[Edited by blitheid on 29-07-2000 at 18:15]

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Almeyda is at Parma because Parma is building a champions team.

First of all Thuram would cost about 20 million pounds and Arsenal will no way give this kind of money.Secondly his wages are would demolish the wage structure of Arsenal,third he would never leave Parma and Seria A for an inferior club and an inferior league and fourth and most important Parma would never sell him.

All in all Thuram is out of Arsenal's reach...

G

·
Lets assume your right about parma building a 'championship' team (ha ha). That does not explain why almeyda would voluntarily choose to leave the champions, does it. It merely comforts the blow to some extent. If you believe parma at least doubling his salary, wasn't a factor in his decision, then you are...well, just so predictable. Also the operative word here is buiding, parma have been building a chamionship team for the last 10 years, with great success clearly, otherwise they wouldn't have supporters like you, would they.

As for thuram. I didn't say we would buy him, we're not even in for him. Merely that we could if we choose to. Let's address your points one by one. Your first two points seem to say that arsenal would not pay the money, not that we are unable too. So tacitly confirms what I have already said.

Your third point is typical of the glory supporter, and I have to say my contempt for your words is only matched by my comtempt for you. I won't bother discussing the merits of my team against yours, and the respective leagues, because it's firstly dull, and secondly pointless. I will merely say that the testing ground for the modern player, is the champions league, and if your not in it, your irrelevant.

Your Fourth point, that parma won't sell thuram for any price, is risible, given that you've just sold your most valuable asset.

If you recollect, early last season thuram wanted to leave parma, because of the level of sickening racial abuse he recieved from your fellow 'fans'. Of course, he eventually agreed to stay, when you agreed to increase his wages. Intresting huh.

[Edited by blitheid on 29-07-2000 at 21:05]

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Normally I would just call you an idiot and dont bother with you anymore because you dont deserve it but I'll just control myself...

Almeyda was angry with Eriksson for leaving him in the bench in favor of Simeone.Parma did not double his salary.He got a bit more money but no way double his salary.

Thank you for calling me glory hunter but you are wrong my friend.If I was a glory supporter I would follow Man Utd or Juventus.Not Liverpool and Parma.I dont accept someone questioning my supporting status.I could very well jump bandwagons when Parma and Liverpool were going down but I dont.If you think following Parma,Liverpool and in a much bigger extend PAOK (my team in Greece) is easy then you probably dont know a thing about football.By the way PAOK kicked you guys out of the UEFA Cup when you got the double a couple of years ago...these are moments that I would give a leg and an arm for.

I think PL is inferior to Seria A in quality of players,financial status and team's strength and competition.And Arsenal is inferior to Parma at every single one of the above aspects.In Seria A a CL place is not "granted" and I can give you many exambles of teams rising and falling ine one year due to the harsh competition.Please take a look at Parma's roster this year and laugh at our challenge for the scudetto...

Crespo was (a) not our best player (I consider Thuram,Buffon and Cannavaro more important) and (b) sold for a deal that any team on earth would have accept.Now,if you think Asenal will offer Vieira,Pires and a great amount of money you can have Thuram as Lazio got Crespo.We got two exelent midfielders (that Arsenal can only dream of) and a very good forward to replace him in Savo Milosevic (stupid English called him Miss-a-lot-of-ic but the guy has been proving himself as a great goalscorer since he left Aston Villa)

If Thuram had really asked to leave he would have left.But he just made a comment that he would like to play in a bigger stadium and the press blow it out of proportion.Thuram got his new contract and salary late last season so one more of your "points" is false.And your comments about racism among Parma fans show one more your ignorance since this kid of fans belong in Lazio.Parma never had racist chants or banners at the Tardini.Thuram did make some comments about racism after he heard chants on him,Ousmane Dabo and Saliou Lassissi during a game with Lazio at the Olimpico,get your facts straight.

Finally,I have to say that I couldnt care less about your opinion on me so dont bother it to express it anymore.But calling a Parma & Liverpool fan glory-hunter indicates your mental status...

G

·
Need the last word......how intresting...how petty

I'm not sure why I'm bothering to write this, perhaps for clarifications sake, perhaps because i'm weak, perhaps both. I'm not sure it matters.

As regards to my previous post: I was highly time restricted, so I decided to go for something poignant and dismissive. Clearly you failed to understand the nuances, perhaps you should re-read my main post. There can be beauty in simplicity. Understand?.

First things first, I never called you a glory hunter, you merely assumed, I wonder why?. What I actually said, was that point you made, was the type that typically springs from a glory supporters thoughts. Indeed many of the suppositions you have made in your other recent posts on this thread, I would consider to be in a similar vain. Disagree?, Perhaps you should compare your recent messages, to those on the manure forum, maybe you will come to a greater degree of understanding, or perhaps not.

Whether you are a glory supporter, or not, I really don't care, why should I. Your own words speak far louder then mine about you ever could, about yourself. Perhaps, you should ask yourself whether it's mere coincedence that the english club you support, is the most successful in englands history. Times change, your aligences may not, but that dosen't change the motivation behind your original support.

I stated in my previous post that I wasn't intrested in a discussion between the relative superiorities of 'our' respective clubs or between the two leagues. This isn't because i'm afraid to see the truth, though you may infer that if you wish. I simply see no point, football isn't simply about who plays for who, it's a matter of taste and devotion. I'm not sure these things can be tangibly quantified, and I'm not sure it would matter if they were. If you think that parma is better then arsenal fine, I don't really care, it means nothing to me, if you think lecce is superior to arsenal then that's fine too. Any feelings I have, will naturally be skewed, as yours so evidently are.
(Aside: Local leagues are becoming less important, in each there are effectively divisions in themselves, with the top clubs pulling away. This is the importance of the champions league, in ten years with the advent of the european super league, do you think anyone will really care about the epl, or serie A. The CL is the staging ground of the future).

For completions sake:

I think you will find almeyda salary was at least doubled, he may of been disturbed at his treatment by lazio, but I'm sure salas was also.

My comments regarding racism + thuram, originated from quotes by the players himself. Perhaps, he lied. I also said thuram wanted to leave parma early last season, I gave no indication of when his salary was increased (indeed, I even said eventually). You should read things as they are written, not in such a way that it suits your ulterior motives.

Just because a player says he is unhappy, dosen't mean they will leave, generally it means they are angling for more money. There are many ways you could of read my statement on thuram, this was intentional, you did not necessarily read it the correct way.

[Edited by blitheid on 30-07-2000 at 01:26]

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.