7,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Goal.com are doing something similar. So here are theirs:
Ricardo Quaresma (couldn't agree more)
Mancini
Riise
Sheva
Hleb? (maybe, maybe not.)
Altidore (He plays for Villareal, just in case no one knew who the pluck i was talking about)
Jo (That Brazilian who ManC bought for 18m)

Funnily enough, i wasn't suprised that they didn't include VDV. After all they did rate him as THE transfer signing of the summer.
I'll include him as well:

VDV (I think a few Madristas also agree that VDV is a slight flop)

Who else is there. Give more options. Maybe a transfer flop from your team. So like Liverpool fans can do Keane, and err. we can do err... oh shit we never bought anyone did we. Yeah, so you know, just add players like Keane or someone.:)

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Hleb? Hardly a flop...

He was injured at the beginning and lately he showed improvement. I dont want to judge him already, but flop? Hell no...

·
Fourth Place Winner, April Photo Contest 2008
3,512 Posts
Altidore is young and was hardly brought in to play an important role for Villarreal. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets loaned out like Ruben.

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Sheva is not a flop anymore, he's been really shitty for a few seasons now but i see their point. The few times that i have seen him with Milan he looks even worse than before, really sad actually.

Quaresma and Jo are the biggest ones so far.

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
Definitely Jo.

Sheva shouldnt be in this list. He was a flop at Chelsea yes, but considering Milan's expectations of Sheva, the money involved and his importance in our squad you cannot call him a flop.

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Sheva is not a flop anymore, he's been really shitty for a few seasons now but i see their point. The few times that i have seen him with Milan he looks even worse than before, really sad actually.
I can spot a overrated player miles away. Even before he went to Chelski I wrote this:
http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showpost.php?p=3024815&postcount=1

The guy was just lucky to be playing for a top team in a system he was used to. Guys like Totti, Raul, Gerrard should not change teams because they will get exposed as overrated players who are taking advantage of being the "rated" players in their team so everything kind of go through them.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Link ^
With quality offensive players like Kaka, pirlo, seedorf, cafu, crespo supporting him:
Arent KaKa, Pirlo, Seedorf supporting him NOW?

Add Ronaldinho and 30G (or beckham) instead of Cafu and Crespogol

The current ones are more potent... so why is Sheva not performing ?

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Link ^

Arent KaKa, Pirlo, Seedorf supporting him NOW?

Add Ronaldinho and 30G (or beckham) instead of Cafu and Crespogol

The current ones are more potent... so why is Sheva not performing ?
You ask me:rollani: I said he suck so go figure that out.

Every attack used to go through him. He was the main attacker so he was always going to look good when guys like Kaka, Pirlo, Seedorf were constantly threading all those killer passes to him. Now that he has to work like everyone else he is exposed.

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
Sheva was not overrated. His transfer to Chelsea killed him, but in his day he was absolutely brilliant. We've seen it before where careers are destroyed by moving to a different country (Gaizka Mendieta).

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Ricardo Quaresma.

Porto took Inter to the cleaners.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Quaresma easily, from being a good player to a shitty player, or he just got exposed because the Portugese league is utter shit compared to the top leagues, who knows.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Q will be back. Figo and Mourinho will teach him all :stuckup:

half a season doesnt count.... that much.

couple of Goals and assists.. he'd be hailed as the best... watch this space.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Jo.

Quaresma isn't on Mourinho's starting lineup and we're doing fine. Basically, Quaresma isn't an important member of the team. Jo, on the other hand, could have been an important member to City considering that their team isn't doing as well as it should at the moment.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Jo.

Quaresma isn't on Mourinho's starting lineup and we're doing fine. Basically, Quaresma isn't an important member of the team. Jo, on the other hand, could have been an important member to City considering that their team isn't doing as well as it should at the moment.
Quaresma was the most expensive purchase of any Serie A club. The fact that he's not an important member of the team is enough justification to say he's been a huge flop.

I like Ricardo and all, but it's so disappointing that he went to a country similar to Portugal, eats the same kind of food and bangs the same kind of women, has a Portuguese manager and a Portuguese legend role model, yet he still suffers. I don't get it.

·
Registered
70,196 Posts
[/url]

The guy was just lucky to be playing for a top team in a system he was used to. Guys like Totti, Raul, Gerrard should not change teams because they will get exposed as overrated players who are taking advantage of being the "rated" players in their team so everything kind of go through them.
WTF Shevchenko was a beast in his prime.

Only a drunk guy can say he was overrated in those years.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts