Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know how reliable this site is, but check this one from Kataweb Sport out:

------------------------------------------
Nelle ultime ore si è fatta attiva anche la Juve. Approfittando del momento del Barcellona, Moggi e soci hanno avanzato richieste per Figo (vecchia fiamma dell'avvocato Gianni Agnelli).

all of it can be found at: http://www.kwsport.kataweb.it/Visualizzazione/Articolo/0,3060,5776,00.html
-------------------------------------------

Apparently Figo is among the bunch of disgruntled Barca stars (most noticeably also rivaldo and Guardiola) who've had it with Van Gaal.
To me it seems a long shot (but what joy if... :)), but it really all comes down to how Nunez handles the Van Gaal "problem".
Those of You who saw Barca's CL semi-final last night will know how upset Barca's supporters are (cool thing they've got going with the white hankies), but Van Gaal is awfully expensive to sack, and Nunez would lose alot of face doing so as he has protected the Dutchman so far. The election for the Barca presidency is not up before 2002, and IF Van Gaal stays- we might have a shot at Figo.

Imagine Zizou, Davids and Figo in the same midfield... supported by Zambrotta, Conte, Tacchinardi, O'Neill, Pessotto etc. etc.
Mouthwatering :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :).

Ciao.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Juve and Milan can fight it out for him, read calciomercato, they've been going on about it all day. IL MILAN SU FIGO!!

We gave you Davids, please let us get Figo :)

J

·
0 Posts
Please Tapi, you didn`t give us Davids! If you had given him the chance in Milan he would probobly never have left. I like Milan but your big problem is/was to get new players comfortable. Ajax trained him and Juve made him to what he is today. That is a great strenght of Juve to see players potential and give them what they need to succed.

If we would get Figo, THAT WOULD SURLEY BE THE BEST BUY OF THE YEAR.

------------------

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well Tapi; If You read the link I posted it says that Milan is in it for Rivaldo.
Juventus has been mentioned in that context as well, but as we have Zizou allready I suppose You could get Rivaldo :).
Anyway I think this is all inventions of the press.

Ciao.

·
Registered
341 Posts
J-Man, lighten up for goodness sake....

Glen, Idon't know about your link, I havent read it, but all dday long there has been the breaking of a £31m bid by Milan for Figo. Apparently when Braida was at the match he was saying he was watching Rivaldo and thats what all the press reported today. Then, this morning, it was 'revealed' that actually Braida, Figo and Figo's lawyer had dinner to disuss. Don't know how true it is. Hope it is though.......

J

·
0 Posts
Tapi it may have sounded a bit offencive but it wasn`t ment to be. All I meant is that no one owes anyone any favours just beacuse of Davids in this issue.

But I can make a deal with you, if we get Figo you can have Rivaldo. How does that sound?
What do you say Glen, Figo or Rivaldo to Juve?
I have always loved both Figo and Rivaldo but to me it seems that Figo can do more for Juve than Rivaldo. Well, that might not be true but he`ll come cheaper anyway.

------------------

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
This is just nonesens you know press just makes up stories: Figo has dinner with......
why even bother(again) those 2(rivaldo, figo)
are staying in Barça maby players like Litmanen, Dehu and the dissapointing Dutchman may go(not as dissapointing anymore when they beat italy on home soil!)
You are all acting like you are the director of transfers at Juve and Milan(its kindda fun though.....)

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah Willem; I suppose we all know it's unrealistic, but an article like that can demands to be commented, since I believe Figo is an alltime favourite of most of us here (certainly mine).
Futhermore he would massively strenghten one of the only positions that really needs strenghtening.

So allow us to dream at least for a day or two until barca complete annihilate the rumour- OK :) ?.

Ciao.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I'm glad u have enough sense to accept figo as a good player, or should i say good purchase, glen. i thought u are the one who always support juve buying young players and not 'star' 'key' players. well, remember me, i've said numerous times that moggi is a moron and the club's policy of buying the not so good players is not right. juve have always been known as a top club, among the top 15 if u know what i'm saying. i'm not saying that we shouldn't go for young players at all. but looking at other clubs getting more and more star players and keep on improving their squad, i'm just afraid juve will be left behind.

i'm extremely afraid of juve being the next Ajax. they have one of the best youth training school but look what happened to them now after seeling all their star players and not bringing anyone in.......another example is Borussia Dortmund who 'stole' the CL cup away from us. the moment i see ac milan interested in figo and then juve's name appear, i was thinking,"oh **** man, juve will surely lose this one out with their ****ing policy of not buying star players" i mean, while other teams are targetting players like rivaldo, redondo and all, juve actually wants david sesa??!! hello, that djetou case is already making me fuming with anger. i thought juve will surely get djetou :( :(. i guess it's right when they say juve always miss out on all the 'big ones'. let me ask u one question........how many times have lazio won the scudetto??
and why are they almost always the top 2 nowadays?? why are they suddenly becoming like milan-a top club-??
simple, it's because they've got enough quality and star players. from the starting eleven to the bench, they are all fairly 'star' players. i'm not asking juve to go spend like inter, but i don't think buying one or 2 star players can hurt a club.
of course team play is still important and that's why once all the players gell, it'll become a great team, a world class team.
hey, even a big club like MU always target star players. u won't see them interested in any david sesa or salva or whatever his name is that juve wanted. don't u get it?? i still don't understand u guys who said moggi is a genius. i think he's a jerk, a moron, an a******. from the first day i post in this forum , right until now, i still think that juve have got the wrong policy. very wrong for a club which have the status like juve. a 'top-club' so they say............

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Glen, here's the translation hehe..

" plundered " Barcelona: Rivaldo to the Milan, Juve on Figo ROME - (11 May 2000) While championship ' 99/2000 is set offing, between important controversies, poisons and crashs, to close the clappers, the next one ago capolino above all with the what's news that the market offers. On all an arrival of Rivaldo in Italy. That one of the Brazilian will be the transaction of the century. Who on he? Until some month the main candidate makes was the Lazio to buy up the Football of Gold, but in the last hours the Milan is sbucato overbearing. Yesterday, in occasion of the return of the semiend of Champions League, Galliani, Braida and Zaccheroni are fly to you to Barcelona in order to close the operation. The Catalan society, by now in dismantling after the bankrupt season, seems oriented to accept the offer of the Milan for the cartellino: 110miliardi of Liras. And there would be yes also of Rivaldo: contract until the 2005 and I engage from 10miliardi to season. The rossonera leadership in practical has put on the table of the negotiation the same figures of the Manchester United, but decisive it has turned out the will of the family of the player. On purpose of Manchester, Alex Ferguson has while put to sign an other blow: Panucci.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Figo is a champion and i will love to see him play down the right for Juve.

------------------
CUG

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
ohh my... FIGO!!!!?? :) :) Now that would be.. @£$$ :=) YOU KNOW!! :) :) WOULD BE HAHAHA GREEEEAAAAT! but.. don't think it'll happen.. DAMNIT MOGGI SPEND SOME CASH !!!

B

·
0 Posts
Imagine it, FIGO weaving his way through the Lazio defence in the Champions League final 2001.Would life get any better than that.FIGO to Juve my mouth is drooling!!!

·
Registered
574 Posts
it's always a case, moggi always disappoint us. watching other clubs interested and want to sign players like pep guardiola and rivaldo never fails to hurt my heart because juve don't seem to know how to buy really good ones........haha, that's why i'm playing cm3 and i can buy whoever i want!! well, at least i try to bid and i show interest!! i really would like to have a word with luciano moggi.... :)

THE GRAND OLD LADY WILL BE BACK...........

F

·
0 Posts
y u guys want figo hes old!!!!! and its no use frooling hes barca mad!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Figo is portuguese,there would be to many
non-italians!!!It's just not rube style!
Or am I wrong??????
bettega......................Loser!!!!!

------------------
SEMPRE E SOLO FORZA LAZIO

S

·
0 Posts
Glen...

I don't think that is a very reliable source... after all, Figo's characteristics are in some way 2 "against" Juves transfer policy. First of all, famous players nowadays don't have much chance to get to Juve, just some, like zidane, etc.

Also, Figo's age makes him an unlikely buy for Juve. How old is he? like 30-31? You know Juve won't buy players over 26!!!!!

But who knows??? I don't want to disappoint you with this post, so why not keep dreaming on? Like ne dreaming that Esnaider will stay...

------------------
G3ORG3

FoRzA JuVe

fOrZa BiAnCoNeRi

·
Registered
574 Posts
supergeo, figo IS 26. and for his age, he work, run and dribble like someone who is only 22. believe me, figo will surely turn the girls attention. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts