Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Maybe I'm on a fewer forums than most of you guys but is it really the anti Rafa hysteria that's sweeping over?
My impression is that overwhelming majority still believe in Rafa, understand the toughness of the situation, (all the injuries, new signings, etc.) happy for lotsa good things that are going on and come out with a critique when they see it's appropriate. And it's just a handful of people who try to create an impression that "there is residue of hostility for Gerard Houllier carried over into the reign of Rafael Benitez".

Or maybe I'm wrong and the scales are reversed? What's your impression?

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My impression is the same as yours. However, maybe the fact that those carrying the anti-Rafa hysteria might just be the more vocal of Pool fans. Thus all this hoo-haa abt him getting his priorities wrong and the rest of the stuff we hear.

Some of the forums really do provide a ground for such questions and debates, unlike us who are all grateful for Rafa being here. In fact I sometimes get the impression that we are more grateful for Rafa being here than Gerrard being here, because many of us get the impression that we can survive and progress without Gerrard, but not necessarily without Rafa. Rafa exudes sth that all us Pool fans have been missing for so long - a calming, soothing assurance abt the future of the club.

Under Rafa, many of us are going to matches wanting, and expecting some new progress of the club, anticipating more great team spirit and ethic on the field. And in spite of all the demoralising defeats, we still kept our chin up and say to ourselves rafa's gonna pull us through. That's how much charisma he exudes, and to me, that means a huge stabilizing effect on the whole club. I've never felt like this for 5 years under Houllier, even when we won the treble, simply because the team did not exude it on the pitch.

Under Rafa, we are seeing hope in a different light than we have seen it under Houliler, Evans and Souness before. We don't only see it on the horizon, we feel that we are actually moving towards it.

To sum it up Zico, the fans that creates all the negative impression are the fans who are looking down and around them instead of looking up and ahead. We don't need that shit.

Rafa is looking up and ahead, not down and around him every morning when he steps into his office. There's no reason why we shouldn't do the same.

Usually, a football team and its fans reflect the character of the manager. When that's the case, I'm grateful that we have Rafa as our manager, because I can't imagine being a fan under Houllier, Souness, Maurinho or Fergie's teams.

Let's just look forward to Watford eh guys?

YNWA.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts