Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of training regimes do y'all use for CM 03/04?

I've come up with something that is pretty evenly balanced between all areas, with the Overall bar nearly touching the line. Yet despite having some good coaches and physios, it seems like the players are still a bit on the unfit side, plus there are more that have red arrows across their attributes than those with green arrows. Perhaps I am training them too hard?

I'm going back to the default regime for a while to see what kind of an effect it has on the players...

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
I wrote a lengthy reply on what kind of training regimes I'm using (its not helping much though), but I accidently managed to delete it, so I'll have to get back to you on this one tomorrow. :rolleyes: :D

·
*the drum drum*
42,529 Posts
I've got 4 seperate regimes..

Goalkeeping: for the GK's, focusing mainly on mental, physical and GK'ing..
Defence: high in defensive routines, and again a fair bit of physical and mental too..
Midfield: something like you've described, even in most aspects..
Forward: a lot of shooting and attacking drills, along with the physical exercises they'd need (sprints etc)..

It seems to be working OK..
Some weeks, I have a fair few on red arrows, some weeks I have nearly all of them on green arrows..

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's strange: while my custom training regime was doing far more harm than good, the default regime seems to be doing far more good than harm. This despite the fact that the default regime is less balanced and less intense... :confused:

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Thats my experience with training to. I had this custom regime, which was well balanced, but there were more red then green arrows.

Therefore I decided to go back to the default regime (and only made some minor changes), and it has shown to be more successful then my custom regime was.

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now my head physio is telling me after every match that Cavenaghi is in need of a rest, even though his fitness is at 100%, he is match fit, none of the physios can find anything wrong with him, plus I haven't played him the last two weeks? :confused:

·
Registered
818 Posts
There are two different training regimes which I use in rotation. One is called Lyssien and the other called PBtraining or something in that area. Lyssien training is rather famous in the CM community because of it's effectiveness and not tiring out the players much and it's not one of those cheat trainings either. I will post a zip file with both trainings.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Training regimes - forum manager please merge

Forum manager please merge this with the Training thread.

Here is a zip file containing both of the training regimes I use.

As you will see Lyssien training is composed of three different parts: attack, general, and defense. I use attack for strikers and forwards, general for all types of midfielders (some people use it also for full backs), and defense for defenders.

PBtraining is just a one type of training which I think can be used for all players.

Attachments

·
*the drum drum*
42,529 Posts
PB is from Paul Buxton I suppose..

He was the first real training guru after the release of CM4.. I think he was the one who made the "Make them God's!" training regime wasn't he? :D

·
Registered
818 Posts
Yep, Paul Buxton is the guy. Lyssien training on the other hand was made by Lyssien who's a greek guy and another training guru obviously.

·
Registered
818 Posts
No I'm afraid I don't have a specialized training for goalkeepers, I just use the standard one usually, but I'll try to find one.

Also another thing, with these regimes don't pay attention to the bars that indicate how much a player is progressing or declining. These bars are misleading, your players will improve.

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The PB regime is working well, with most of the players showing improvements most of the time. I'll have to try the other regime as well, though...

·
Registered
460 Posts
I downloaded your zipped file, but when I go to the game and go to
training and then try to import the file, then it doesn't show !

what should I do ?

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
To where did you unzip the downloaded file?

The default is C:\Program Files\Eidos\CM 03-04\data\user data\training If you leave the "original paths" box checked in whatever ZIP program you're using, it might create a Training sub-directory within the main Training directory where all the training files go. That happened with me, so my PB and Lyssien files went to C:\Program Files\Eidos\CM 03-04\data\user data\training\training

·
Registered
460 Posts
Thanx Tim, now it works.

wow. :eek:

all of them 100% condition.

Although it says that "...... is continuing without supervision in training" as it is in General, and not First Team. Shall I keep it like that ?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts