Xtratime Community banner

1161 - 1177 of 1177 Posts

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I think Sen can be able to play in the CL. Since Trabzonspor got into the CL due to "unforseen circumstances" (UEFA champions league regulations) Volkan should be able to play.

·
Administrator
52,738 Posts
Sounds like Ziegler may be pulling out of the deal. I must have spoke too soon. :rollani:
You sure? I read elsewhere you rejected him, which made me lol :D

·
This is NOT Akhisar!
14,463 Posts
You're going to get Marek Cech, a 28-year old Slovakian LB/LW from West Bromwich, former Porto player who was their regular at Co Adriaanse. I don't know him, but I think considering Ziegler's fiasco this is a good signing. More Slavic blood in our league, plus he seems to have necessary experience in order to play in Europe.

·
This is NOT Akhisar!
14,463 Posts
Trabzonspor have been linked with 27 year old Boca Juniors defender Matias Caruzzo.

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Former Trabzon goalscorer Teo Gutierrez (who I considered the best forward TS had since Tekke) is to join Porto on a 8 million Euro deal apparently.

It's a shame this guy left Turkey, even though he was problematic. He would have scored twice as much as Burak has done recently.

·
This is NOT Akhisar!
14,463 Posts
Pawel Brozek is heading to Celtic. It is on KAP.

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
How did you're guys transfer window go?

I know Brozek went on loan to Celtic but nothing else. Any more ins and/or outs?

There were absolutely no changes at PSV during January.

·
*the drum drum*
42,808 Posts
They made a good signing in Olcan Adin, not 100% sure if they can register him for the Europa League (I think they can but haven't checked) as he played for Gaziantepspor in the qualifiers.

Creative left winger with a knack for scoring.

·
This is NOT Akhisar!
14,463 Posts
That's pretty bad.

·
*the drum drum*
42,808 Posts
18.07 - As a rule, a player may not play in a UEFA club competition (i.e. UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League, but not UEFA Super Cup) for more than one club in the course of the same season. Exceptionally, however, a player who has been fielded in the first, second or third qualifying round of the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League is entitled to play in the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League for another club as from the group stage, provided that his former club did not qualify for the group stage of either the UEFA Champions League or the UEFA Europa League; moreover, as from the start of the round of 32 (round of 16 for UEFA Champions League), a player can be registered in accordance with paragraphs 18.18 to 18.21 below. A substitute player who has not been fielded is entitled to play for another club competing in the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League in the course of the same season, provided that he is registered with the UEFA administration in accordance with the present regulation.

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Wasn't there a limit for that rule though? Since Volkan Sen isn't yet registered with Trabzon to play in the EL. Not that he would play anyway..

·
*the drum drum*
42,808 Posts
Yes, the limit is to the rounds in which a player appeared, Olcan and Gaziantepspor were eliminated in the 3rd qualifying round. Bursa and Volkan were eliminated in the play-off round.

·
Registered
8,439 Posts
I really can't believe how much Sercan, Volkan, and Bursa have flopped this season. Whole > parts for this one imo. That and we lost players that could pass the ball and swapped them for guys that simply can't: Ergic, Bekir Ozan, Ali Tandogan for N'Diaye, Adem, and Basser. Anyway, still wish we had Volkan and Sercan, we need them as much as they need us.

1161 - 1177 of 1177 Posts