Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the Telegraph:

Toure will discover today whether he will be charged by the Football Association with violent conduct, which carries a three-match ban, after he appeared to elbow Newcastle striker Alan Shearer in the back on Sunday, an incident missed by referee Steve Dunn. A three-game suspension would mean Toure missing Saturday's FA Cup tie against Wolves, the visit of United and the trip to Aston Villa.

----

That's that. He'll go for three then considering who he did it to.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Of course I'm disappointed with this news. But wtf was Toure thinking? You cannot elbow someone for an aerial challenge. And I always thought Kolo has the nicest attitude of all Gunners....

·
Registered
398 Posts
Don't be fooled by Toure's actions. That was a one-off. Shearer is great at provoking other footballers and bringing the worst out of them.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Shearer is a (unt. He must have provoked Toure in some way or the other. Still Kolo deserves the ban none the less and we welcome Cygan with open hands on Tuesday!:D

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
all he did was elbow him in the back, it was hardly the worse case in the world. i hope he appeals or does whatever he can so he dosent miss the utd. game

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Has he accepted to it or not? If he hasn't then there'll be a hearing today, maybe we can delay it long enough so he can play against Scumchester :)

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
.... have you seen it? i mean how can that not be violent conduct, fair enough he caught him accidentally but that was obviously intentional, he clenched his fist and everything when he elbowed him.....

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wenger'll probably play Cygan because he's more experienced than Senderos is. This is a huge game and I don't know if Senderos is ready for it yet, so I'm sure he'll go with Cygan. And believe it or not, Cygan can be half way competent sometimes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts