Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
kaka and julio batista are out of the suad, proabbly because of club duties!

Goleiros
Rubinho (Corinthians)
Diego (Palmeiras)

Laterais
Daniel (Bahia)
Ânderson (Flamengo)
Maxwell (Ajax)

Zagueiros
Edu Dracena
Glauber (Guarani)
Marquinhos (Corinthians)
Matheus(Eintracht Frankfurt)

Meio-campo
Fabio Rochemback
Motta (Barcelona)
Eduardo Costa (Bordeaux)
Walker (Ajax)
Pinga (Siena Spa)
Rodrigo Couto (Vasco)

Atacantes
Robert (Servett)
Ewerthon (Borussia Dortmund)
Dagoberto(Atlético-PR)

Quite scary when you see that the U-21 team has so many players that are playing abroad, and half of them you have not heard about them properly. robban and rafael can you guys comment on maxwell, walker, motta and robert??
;)

probable line up:

rubinho (Ze Elias' brother;) )

Daniel edu dracena marquinhos maxwell

eduardo bosta:devil: :eek: :( rockemback

rodrigo ??? walker???

ewerthon;) robert???

:rolleyes: ;)

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
I saw this guy Rubinho play last year with U21.I think he has what it needs to be Brasil's #1 gk one day.Since he plays for your team you probably know better, Ze.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Maxwell is here on his first season with Ajax and he had some private problems (his brother died), however he did well and he even got a starting place in the Ajax team now. He plays on the left wing, pretty much the same kinda player Leonardo used to be once...he can play left wingback and also left midfielder.
He's a nice player to watch, he got brains, got skill and he seems also a good person ;)
He came here as a youth player of Cruzeiro, he never played in the first team of them. He has progressed a lot this season, we'll probably see him in the Champions League with Ajax next season.

BTW there is a chance Maxwell won't play the tournement or maybe he will join up later with the group. He has to play the cup final with Ajax and he really wants to play that game, so I don't know if we will see him in Toulon.

About Walker...He came here some time ago, I think he's in Amsterdam since he was 17 or something. I know he was the captain of the under18 (I think) World Championship with Brazil.
He's captain of the youth team of Ajax and will be for sure in the senior team next year. He looks like a good prospect as well. He can play defensive midfielder or central defender. He's a classy player with style, who likes to play the short combination game...
He reminds me a bit of Dunga, (don't want to compare him to a legend) but he also has this authority and leadership in his game.
If he doesn't make it to the senior team next year, he will be over I guess...Most Ajax youth players made the senior team before they are 20...Walker already is 20, but he seems good enough to play for the senior team as back up for Chivu.

Robban can fulfill the profile of Thiago Motta ;)
Thiago looks like a very hot prospect to me...In the Barça x Real game he completely took the midfield to him, he was quite impressing how he kinda overshadowed Zidane for some parts of the game...so he looks like he's defenitly going to make it. Rochemback was also good in that game...Thiago can play as a central and leftsided midfielder...

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rafael,
thanks for the info!;)

KAiser,
I doubt he will be Brazil's #1. I think Helton and Julio Cesar are better than him. Also he din't take his chances last year. He thought because he was the brother of Ze Elias people would knee down to him, without him making the proper displays as his brother did. He even complained that in his birthday the fans din't sing to him, like they did for Ze Elias. But the thing was that Ze Elias bleeded in the pitch for the club, Rubinho just complained like the other Rubinho does...the one from Ferrari!:(

·
fawkin legend
4,943 Posts
Ze da Fiel said:
kaka and julio batista are out of the suad, proabbly because of club duties!

Adriano is missing also, but nice to see some players back, like Ewerthon & Rochemback

·
Registered
589 Posts
Great to see Motta in the U-21 squad because he has had a very good season and has played 16 games in the first division and scored 1 goal in the last match against Villareal...

He has a good hard shot as all Brazilians but his passing and crosses are just excellent he is best friend to the great Rochemback...( He has played excellent lately for Barcelona and played 23 games in la liga and scored 1 goal as well...He is a rock who never gives up I adore his fighting spirit and I `am very glad he joined Barcelona

They should play together in the midfield that`s some steel and class...

The future of both Brazil and Barca looks very good...

Cheers:D

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fabricio should have been called up. He's better than Eduardo Bosta and Fabio Rockemback all put together!

But o h well, who cares, he stays in Corinthians and wil only concentrate with the ALL POWERFUL..that's what matters anyway!;) :D

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
I agree with you, Ze. Fabrichio is quite impressive although I've seen him not that much but the few times i've seen him he's been one of the many big keys to Corinthians success right now in Brazil. Fabrichio will shine in no time for Brazil's national team by 2006. Mark my words! ;)

·
Registered
589 Posts
Better then Rochemback ??????

More commited and more steel more physical prescence I strongly doubt it but if it`s true good for U.

Brasil wouldn`t concede any goals if so is the case...

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Saviola,
Pyshical presence is not the key to football. The key to football is talent, and vision, and that Fabricio is miles ahead of any Fabio Rockemback of life!!;)

·
Registered
390 Posts
man no adriano!!! me in my completely unbiased opinion think thats really fukked up, but seriously speakin that sux n he deserves a spot, i remember that he and rochemback had had a great tournament for the U-20 team in january 2001... sux that him n kaka arent gonna play, they woulda made the team a lot better i think...
ze i havent seen fabricio play but even if he is much more talented than rochemback, u know we have to find a balance between the 2 to form a balanced midfield, both tough but creative... but man a midfield wit eduardo costa n rochemback is gonna be pretty scary for opponents (n it aint cuz of their talent, altho felipao does consider legbreakin to be a talent)...

i wrote a review for motta in another thread but anyways.. i think hes quite good but he still has a lot to learnbut his performances have been each time better, he is very calm for a player his age, as i remember he was very calm n had a great match against depor.. what i really think he needs to work on is the accuracy of his shot, its strong but he hasnt been managin to get it close to target, its either goin well wide, or way over the top... but this kid is slowly maturin n will be very important for this team, not sure whether or not hell be good enuff for the selecao one day but he has potential i believe

·
Registered
589 Posts
Physical prescence not a key to football you got to be kidding...Imagine if you only played with 4 Rivaldo in midfield you would have lots of vision but no steel I don`t think that would work but that is up to you...

What would brasil have been in the world cup 94 without the rocks in midfield Mauro Silva and Dunga ????

I am just saying that every midfield needs steel and a warrior Rochemback is one and he has excellent technique and a great shot as well...

·
Registered
7,770 Posts
Like Rafael said, Maxwell can play on the whole leftside but he's clearly better as midfielder than as defender. His marking skills aren't really top notch. Like almost all Brazilian football players he has a very good technique.

From what I've read is that Maxwell will fly to Toulon after the Cupfinal, wich is played the 12th of May.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Rivaldo having great vision is one of the most absurd things i have read in xtratime.

Anyway saviola, stay with Rockemback, and i'll stay for Fabricio andy day!

Just a note, this year i will win 2 trophies, while your team wont win any!:tongue: ;) :D :D

·
Registered
407 Posts
Wow, this Brazil team was awesome today against Poland...
That Robert even reminded me off Romário, the way he took his first goal...everything with outside of his rightfoot, the way Romário finishes off his chances...
Dagoberto was also great...actually, even Eduardo Costa was good! (surprise surprise Zé!)

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
rafeal,
missed the game...but i hope i can see the next one

do you know the line up??

Even if Eduardo bosta plays good (is he capable of that???:confused: :rolleyes: ) let's always bash him!:D :cool: ;) :D

·
Registered
407 Posts
I didn't see the thing from the start...(There is a politician shot dead here, seems just like Colômbia here:rolleyes: ), but basicly this team played...don't know the defence, cause the defence hadn't had a thing to do basicly!

Rubinho
(not sure about the starting defence, there were 4 subs)
Daniel
Edu Dracena
Marquinhos
Ânderson

Eduardo Costa
Walker
Pinga
Dagoberto

Robert
Adriano (these 2 were really impressive)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts