Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He's been the leader at Roma for a number of years now yet I feel he doesn't get the recognition he deserves and why he is'nt mentioned as the World's best by many bemuses me.The guy is an absolute legend and virtually carries Roma on his own. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
734 Posts
Bandiera said:
He's been the leader at Roma for a number of years now yet I feel he doesn't get the recognition he deserves and why he is'nt mentioned as the World's best by many bemuses me.The guy is an absolute legend and virtually carries Roma on his own. :thumbsup:
why are all these italian based thread in world football, i mean a few here and there is ok....but these last two days its nonsense.

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
Because he spits in people's faces and is not a likeble guy unless your a Roma fan, as far as him being a legend lmao

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Totti is a pure hero b/c he has loyalties that not even the best of them can forge. He is the most pure and moral person in football today IMO.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ambis said:
Because he spits in people's faces and is not a likeble guy unless your a Roma fan, as far as him being a legend lmao
He done it once and like others who have also done similar he deserves legendary status. :proud: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Becasue he has not doe anything to get the recognition as among the worlds best. He has won the Serie A once, and screwed up the NT with his antics. He is a good player, but nothing more then that. I could easily mention 20 players that are better then him.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Haroon said:
Well perhaps not easily, but in the post earlier Bandiera said why has he not been regarded as one of the best players in the world the last couple of years, and I could mention 20 players who have been better then him the last couple of years.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I feel sad for Totti. When has he racially insulted anyone? When has he hurt someone intentionally? Gone after money? Started verbal useless spats?

All he does is try to play hard and compete. And sometimes his emotions gets the better of him and he is sorry for that. And he is a loyal guy. Totti for me is a perfect footballer.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
When has he hurt someone intentionally?
VS leverkusen (last year i think), when he stepped on someone's back, also when he ****ed the legs of some danish player at the euro, nearly broke it, also the famous spit that costed him the euro and finallythe red card in wC 2002(dive or no dive, he still got the red) ;)

not to mention that Totti is the 2nd all time player to have received red cards in the serie a after montero :howler:

not perfect, he is an excellent player, but dumb + foolish and gets himself to trouble everywhile and then.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I feel so sad. He didn't deserve it. He let his emotions get out of control. I understand him fully. I hope he improves in that aspect. :thumbsup:

·
DAJE ROMA
5,521 Posts
Starcraft said:
Becasue he has not doe anything to get the recognition as among the worlds best. He has won the Serie A once, and screwed up the NT with his antics. He is a good player, but nothing more then that. I could easily mention 20 players that are better then him.
lollllllll 20 players better than totti, there is no 3 players better than totti.... where can u find a playmaker who is usually among seria A topscorers [from 15-20 goals] and alot of assists, totti is the best playmaker in the world.

·
DAJE ROMA
5,521 Posts
Il_Capitano! said:
actually Ronnie is the best PM on the PLANET.
ok,maybe u r right but atleast no one other than ronaldinho is better than totti.+totti has more scoring record than dinho +in my opinion totti is the best assist man in the world like vieri said

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
How could I not like a bloke who has a book of jokes about how stupid he is.

Totti for president

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
totti_the_king said:
lollllllll 20 players better than totti, there is no 3 players better than totti.... where can u find a playmaker who is usually among seria A topscorers [from 15-20 goals] and alot of assists, totti is the best playmaker in the world.
The reason for why he scores that many goals is that Romas play is totally dependent on him. Due to his ego he needs to have every pass and be involved in every play. Thats why Itaky cannot succed in World Cups and Roma is just average when they get into Europe. The european teams dont have that kind of respect for Totti as the italian do.

And 20 players better then him during the last couple of years, because that is what I said:

Henry
Zidane
Ronaldo
Vieira
Roy Keane
Ruud V Nistelroy
Lucio
Tevez
Ronaldinho
Etoo
Rooney
Ballack
Riquelme
Lampard
Gerrard
Cannavaro
Cech
Puyol
Nesta
Shevchenko

Thats 20+ players who have all been playing great for their clubs in both Europe and domestic leagues. And even performed for their National teams. They have in fact been essential for their NT succes...
I did not say 20 playmakers are better then Totti. I said 20 players, and these players have all been more important for their NT aswell as club teams.

And you bring up Tottis 13 goals a year + assists, even David Beckham had 10+ goals a year and way more assists then Totti, and he was a right winger unlike Totti who plays as a second striker. Still you will have problems finding people who think David Beckham is a world class player. But he is a good one, just like Totti is. But outside their doemstic leagues they have limited potential and has not suceeded as expected. Therefore I think Italy will do well Totti, because they have Del Piero who is an excellent playmaker (as he proved in the match against Germany) aswell as a loyal and hardworking player who always put the teams ahead of him, even when he gets benched he never complains.

1 - 20 of 138 Posts