·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Totti is taking a beating.

I think he is no more dirty than Zidane honestly. Zidane does plenty of dodgy things but gets away with it because of his profile. :yuck: :nono: why isn't there a "do you hate Zidane" thread as well?

The main difference between the two is that Zidane has been much more lucky with his national team than Totti has. he did bugger all for France in '98 except score two headers in the final. everyone knows that Brazil couldn't defend a set piece for $hit and as far as i'm concerned Lebouef could have scored those goals if he was unmarked as Zizou. Totti was also better than Zidane at Euro 2000, but that's too depressing to talk about :(

At club level Totti is beyond question. he absolutely carries the club that he grew up supporting and so far has defiantly refused to leave in spite of the fact that he knows he could achieve more elsewhere. I don't want to mention Zidane again (because i like him anyway) but when will he ever play for Marseille? maybe when he's 40. he knows he wouldn't be good enough to make them win even in France, but Totti led Roma to the scudetto at 24 years of age. :star:

·
Registered
342 Posts
What's the point of opening this topic twice? I guess u just want to bother the Roma fans..anyway, I found the topic to be a waste of time.
au revoir..

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Wembley said:
What's the point of opening this topic twice? I guess u just want to bother the Roma fans..anyway, I found the topic to be a waste of time.
au revoir..
let him go ahead. :rollani: :groan:

it's been a lousy year anyway. we couldn't really give a to$$ about this Totti bashing nonsense. :dontcare: :yawn: :eyepatch:

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
reelmadrid11 said:
yeah totti is a crybaby and a big time faker...and overrated
Once again i can't help but think of Real Madrid hero Zidane. He dives all over the place but nobody seems to care when he does it. :rollani:

and then there is the elbowing, slapping etc which are such a big feature of his game. :yuck: :nono:

At least Totti might be excused for getting a bit carried away sometimes because he actually cares about his club and country. A lot of players don't really have this excuse :greed:

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
thats my favorite player, so i disagree...hes one of the gifted players in the world.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Personally, I like great players with great attitudes.
That's why I like Pele more than Maradona.
Baggio and DP are better behaved than Totti.
I really wish that Totti could behave more like Baggio.
He's just tarnishing his image with what he's doing.

·
Registered
245 Posts
And with that, he's also tarnishing his club and country's image. People who defended his actions just because he is " their guy " is making a fool of themselves and do not justify his actions.

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
what do you want, "great play totti" , it happens, its a hard game....when he starts beating his wife maybe ill start looking at him in a whole new light.

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
In footballing terms he has few equals..

As a human being, though, now that's open to question. I don't think anyone would deny that. But then I don't see how opening a thread dedicated to expressing your dislike for him could possibly show your level of maturity in a football discussion.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Astute said:
And with that, he's also tarnishing his club and country's image. People who defended his actions just because he is " their guy " is making a fool of themselves and do not justify his actions.
Nobody is pleased with what Totti did at Euro 2004. It was disgraceful. But I do think it's ridiculous to single Totti out when there are players who are probably rated more highly than him (zidane, Vieira etc) who act just as badly if not much worse. :yuck:

Discipline is completely independent of talent. Pele was never better than Maradona anyway, especially not because of his temperament or the fact that he can get commercial endorsements anyway. he's just someone that FIFA think is a positive image (for various mostly non-football reasons) for the game so they promote him as their man.

i venture that most of the people who say this kind of thing and make these kind of arguments (on the internet at least) have hardly even seen Maradona play at all, let alone Pele. But yet they would believe and espouse the view that an ancient group of people are currently living on the moon if FIFA marketed it to them the right way. :rollani: :D

It's great that Baggio is/was a cleaner player Totti. This means he'll probably be remebered for all the right reasons unlike Totti i would say. But Baggio was also a better player than Totti (and a damn sight better than Zizou), and that's the main reason that he will always be respected.

Del Piero for example (who also seems to be a genuinely nice man) will mostly be remembered as a great young player, who -probably mostly because of injury- never really delivered on his potential. Basically something like "he was a decent player for his club but nothing more and a complete failure for his country".

·
Registered
600 Posts
Uhm, I don't like Totti, but really, opening two threads about a player that you actually 'hate' is kinda weird.

I’ve heard about being obsessed due to love.
But hate?
This is original. :D

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.