Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to admit even as an AC MILAN fan,,,, TOTTI is an outstanding player that is a genius in football ... ! to me he is the best player in the world.... HIS FINE TOUCHES AND aMazING SHOOTING AND DRIBLING ABILITES, FREEKICK taking abilities and unstoppable ball handling ! heheh he also gives fine passes and shoots well ... and aslo he has good speed and heading ability !!!!!!!!!!!! THERE IS NOTHING HE DOESN"T have ... HES THE BEST IN THE WORLD !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Nice to know Totti actually has fans out side of Roma, 1 thing he doesnt really have his electric pace to get away from some one but hey I cant complain!!!

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Kaka kudos for Totti Tuesday 3 February, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan starlet Kaka has pinpointed Francesco Totti, Antonio Cassano and Pavel Nedved as his top calcio heroes.

¡§They are the strongest players around right now,¡¨ commented the young Brazilian. ¡§Roma and Juventus have some wonderful options at their disposal.¡¨

Kaka has been the real revelation of this season in Serie A, making an immediate impact in his first taste of European football.

¡§My favourite goal so far has been the one I scored at Empoli,¡¨ he revealed. ¡§I am so happy with this adventure at Milan and although the Italian League is far from easy, I have been able to settle in quicker than expected.¡¨

Many pundits have mused that the main difference between last year¡¦s Milan and this current squad is the fact that Kaka¡¦ has replaced the disappointing Rivaldo.

Kaka will be able to further exhibit his talents when the Rossoneri take on Lazio for Thursday¡¦s Coppa Italia semi-final.

Pippo Inzaghi should also make an appearance in that tie after recovering from a thigh problem that has kept him on the sidelines for six weeks.

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Valdano: Totti is next Zidane Wednesday 4 February, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roma¡¦s Francesco Totti has been likened to Zinedine Zidane by Real Madrid official Jorge Valdano.

"Totti is Zidane¡¦s heir," the sporting director told the ¡¥Corriere della Sera¡¦ newspaper. "He is a great player.

"Totti plays around 10 metres further forward than Zidane so they could easily play in the same side. That would be some spectacle."

Those comments will increase speculation that the Spanish giants are interested in the Gialllorossi captain.

Reports over the past few months had suggested that the Italian was on a shortlist of possible targets for next season.

However, Valdano wanted to stress the point that his club are not planning a swoop for the attacking midfielder.

"Don¡¦t write that we want him," added the Argentine. "Every time that I talk about a player everybody thinks that we want to sign them."

channel4

==================

Beckham in Totti call

David Beckham believes that Roma star Francesco Totti would be a good signing for Real Madrid. "I think he would do well for us," said the England captain. "Even if it isn¡¦t up to me to sign him." The Italian has been talked about as a possible summer target even if Roma are unlikely to sell.

channel4

·
Registered
13,061 Posts
Those are some pretty serious hints by Valdano.
Anyway, I was thinking the other day, wondering if Totti at 27 had reached his peak. Do you think Totti can get better?
I'm of the opinion that he can, especially with his mental game. He could become more consistent, dive less and talk about awards he deserves less.
I'm curious as to what kind of Euro 04 Totti will have. That could determine a lot - including if we are able to hold onto him. He said he wants to stay w/ Roma to win more scudettos, but that was when we were winning big and everything looked rosy. Lately, he has come out publicly and demanded that Sensi and Roma be more forthright about wages. He's always said he would join Real if he could.
I remain determined to keep our captain, our engine, our glory maker. I think he can improve, but he's already the world's best. Forza Totti. :star:

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Players like Totti, Zidane and other that don't base their game on pace like Henry and Owen does, usually reach their best level at around 30 years. That's three more years for this supernatural man to develop.

If we can keep him until next season, I don't think he will ever leave. But if he does at the age of 30 for example, I would wish him the best luck. He has been so faithful to Roma. A player of his calibre deserves to win as many trophies as possible. Hopefully, he will win a lot, and win with Roma and Italy, not Real Madrid. But if he leaves Roma for Real Madrid, I would accept it. We would probably get a shitload of money too (I do not under any circumstances want to sell him, btw)

We have to remember that a player is also a person, and Totti has been more faithful towards Roma than one could ever imagine. If he has to transfer to Madrid at the death of his career to win trophies, I'm open for it. As long as he don't choose Milan for instance.

But what would be better than him playing for Giallorossi until he's
35 years old, and then take the managers place?

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
I watched about 4 games of roma this season(could be more not sure) and i have to say that Totti is indeed a great player however hes not the total package. He's far from that. He doesnt have much pace for example and seems rather lazy then hardworking. i never saw him head a ball once in al the games that i saw and while i know that he can dribble he doesnt seem to be willing to make the effort at times. he rather play a long ball or something. Im not bashing him in any way its just my personal opinion. if totti would have the work ethic of nedved for example and think less that he deserves awards and work for them then he could be the best in the world in his position. :)

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
In case you would like to join the discussionin the madrid forum about totti, go to rumor discussion thread your opinions would be welcome.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Totti doesnt header the ball because he doesnt get many balls where he needs to ;)

If we launch balls, its usually aimed at Carew!

Totti sure doesnt work so hard but that isnt his real job, if he sees the ball a short distance a way he will of course try to win it but no more after that!

Totti when he was younger was much faster, now his game is built around his passing abilties and indeed the way he is scoring currently!!!

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Zidane in Totti call Thursday 5 February, 2004

Roma sensation Francesco Totti would be a success at Real Madrid according to Zinedine Zidane.

The No 10 is being continually talked about as a summer target for the Spaniards and Zidane has today praised the Roman.

"Totti is a very good player," said the former Juventus star. "He is a fundamental element for his club and he proves every year that he is Italy’s best.

"I don’t want to comment too much on him but I believe that he would do well if he played for Real Madrid."

Zidane’s words will only add to the speculation that Real are keen on the attacking midfielder after the comments of Real sporting director Jorge Valdano yesterday.

"Totti is Zidane’s heir," the 1986 World Cup winner said. "He is a great player.

"Totti plays around 10 metres further forward than Zidane so they could easily play in the same side. That would be some spectacle."

Meanwhile, Zidane was then asked for his opinion on Thierry Henry and Paolo Maldini who have also been linked with the club.

"Henry is an extraordinary player but I’ve not tried to convince him to move to Spain," added the Frenchman. "Maldini is simply a magnificent defender, no matter how old he is."

channel4

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
02/06/2004. AS Roma coach Fabio Capello has revealed that several big clubs have made bids for Francesco Totti.

"We've received a number of incredible offers even if I can't reveal from which clubs," he told an Italian radio station.

"I'm aware that you never know what could happen in this game but it is my hope to always have him in Rome.

"I understand that Real look to buy the best players in the world but they must understand that Totti is to Roma what Raul is to Real. He's an emblem of the club."

SA Italy

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
More and more talk of the Roman Gladiator by the day. Emerson is going for sure in the Summer unless there is a change in the situation.

I just hope you guys can keep hold of this unit with your star names and even strengthen to some extent coz I would prefer to see a strong Roma in the UCL next season.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Roma rejected Totti offers Friday 6 February, 2004

Roma boss Fabio Capello has revealed that they have rejected numerous big money bids for Francesco Totti.

The tactician made the claim to a Spanish radio station as speculation suggesting that Real Madrid want the Italian star continues.

"They are not the only ones interested," Capello told Radio Cadena Cope. "We¡¦ve received a number of incredible offers even if I can¡¦t reveal from which clubs."

The Italian has been praised by Real sporting director Jorge Valdano and Zinedine Zidane in the last week but Capello insists Totti is staying in the capital.

"Francesco is Roma¡¦s best player and he will remain here," added the former Milan tactician.

"I¡¦m aware that you never know what could happen in this game but it is my hope to always have him in Rome.

"I understand that Real look to buy the best players in the world but they must understand that Totti is to Roma what Raul is to Real. He¡¦s an emblem of the club.

"I¡¦m convinced that Francesco will prove his ability in the summer while wearing the Azzurri shirt. Euro 2004 will be his consecration."

Yet Totti is not the only big name player being linked with a move away at the end of the season. Whispers suggest that Roma could be assessing a bid for Christian Vieri.

"He is one of the most important Italian and European players around right now," noted Capello. "But I¡¦m sure he will stay at Inter as they are building a side for the future."

channel4

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Believe it or not Totti does have if not fans admirers outside of the Roma circle. Pure class can not be denied by anyone. As far as him peaking, I feel he has yet to peak and I am hoping he doesnt on Sunday. I will be looking for him to peak at Euro 2004!
He must lead Italy to a major trophie!

FORZA AZZURRI!
:star: :star: :star:

·
Registered
833 Posts
Plz dont judge Totti for his showing so far this season. But Im sure this sunday he'll once again his best :D He'll make a bitch out of Legro (not like anyone has to make him a bitch, hes a bitch already)!

I want Totti to be happy, but I would really rather see him happy at the Olimpico wearing gialorossi shirt

LUV U TOTTI!

even when ure being gay!

I was looking for his pictures on google and a Xtina Aguilera pic was there also

I luv Totti and I think Totti loves me too! :D

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Why the icefreezing h*** are you saying that Totti hasn't been good this season? He has been 100% awesome. Sometimes the only good Roman actor at the pitch. For some while that held, but now the others have to deliver the goods as well.

Totti is more man than you could ever be, btw.;)

·
Registered
833 Posts
I dont take in consideration opinions about my manhood from people wich use another guys name as their nick :D

Dude, he did looked very gay in that picture, there is no denial!

And I had enough of that discussion if Totti is doing a good season so far, and by ur nickname u dont look like a good person to discuss about it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts