Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was not so old during Gianninis big days in the 80s. So I wonder if he was a better player than Totti is today.
And won Giannini Lo Scudetto with Roma 82/83 or was he to young then?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Giannini was great, perhaps better than Totti
but thats a matter of taste. But i think it's hard to compare them because they play on "different" positions. He never won Lo Scudetto.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I as well was a little young as well,
but i did watch him in Italia '90 WCup,
and played an amazing tournament scoring one of the prettiest goals i've seen..
No he hasn't won Lo Scudetto,I know this because this is what Totti doesn't want to happen,playing so many years with a club and not winning any major trophies...
Hopefully history won't repeat itself....

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
I have to agree with il lupo. seeing him at the wc90 was the reason for me to become a fan of roma. man, did his style was divine!

------------------
Always trying to be modest. And damn proud of it!

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
I have to agree with il lupo. seeing him at the wc90 was the reason for me to become a fan of roma. man, did his style was divine!

------------------
Always trying to be modest. And damn proud of it!

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone know if there will be a farwellgame for him in Rome 17 May?

Think he was a lot better then Totti today, and had/have a bigger Romaheart

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if anyone remember any details about the day when Giannini left us please let me know.

Am from Sweden and info about Roma was quiet hard to get at the present time...

·
Registered
247 Posts
The exact day is hard but the reason he left was because of Jonas Thern. He was awsome and Giannini was played out of the team. He tried hes luck in Switzerland and then Napoli. After that i really dont know what happend to him.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I knew about Sturm Graz etc. but I wonder
What happen between Sensi-Giannini and how close stod Giannini and C.Mazzone?

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Italian National team has missed a player like Giannini since Sacchi kicked him out in 1992. And they are still looking for a player who can lead the midfield.

I must say that I am impressed by Giannini he played for his favourite club almost his whole career, when he could have played anywhere else and won a lot of titles.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Totti is a bit stronger than Giannini, but Giannini was the last true leader of AS Roma: Giannini MIO capitano.

Il Principe:
Giannini's Day was on the 17th of May 2000.
The last match of Giannini started while everybody at the stadium were celebrating this day, but then, some "children" joined the pitch and then they became 3.000 people, who sang songs against the club and destroyed the field.
Giannini cried...

Here are some pictures in my site:

http://www.coolioz.com/giannini.html

1 - 12 of 12 Posts