Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Totti vs. France was undeniably the best man on the pitch. This dude is going to carry Nazionale for years to come. Amazing vision! What a back heel for the goal! Great passes throughout. Great effort. Grazie Totti!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Once again Totti silenced all his critics tonight.
As i watched this Euro 2000,nobody gave him a chance except the person who mattered most...Zoff.And Totti repaid him with goals and with heart.And still was overshadowed by Del Piero,as the italian people were feeling that this was still his team.
And as the game unfolded tonight one man emerged from the rest....Totti.
His play was sensational,attractive,technical,tactical,and beautiful.He took the team in his hands and delievered.
Like he said during the competition,'I'm not afraid of responsibility',well my friend, you showed tonight you deserve it.
We give you are team,lead it well...we know you will.
Totti showed tonight he truly is a fuoriclasse,perhaps this would have been amplified more if they would have held on to win in a heartbreaking loss.But despite this he emerged high over Zidane and into the limelight as Italia's true future.
----------------------------------------------------------
The thing now that should be interesting is with the departure of Zoff,how will the new coach incorporate Totti in his team.Totti really has to give thanks,and i know he has,to Zoff for trusting him and playing him.
For sure,Italia belongs to Totti and Nesta,the two Romans who under Zoff have created a good relationship,at 23 each,our future looks bright.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Agree........Totty was the man of the match in the final.Beautiful game and thank to him.Hopefully,he'll keep it up

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Yes that is true, Del Piero was favoured over Totti by many blind Italians(probably mostly Juve fans) but Totti showed in one tournament what Del Piero couldn't even show in three. Totti is miles ahead of Del Piero and Montella is miles ahead of Inzaghi(but Vieri is the best). Hopefully Totti will now entirely replace Del Piero in the Azzuri with the great Pirlo as his challenger for that position.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts