Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ROME (AP) - AS Roma star Francesco Totti has ended months of speculation regarding his future at the Rome club by signing for current Serie A leaders AC Milan. Totti is said to sign a 5-year contract worth an estimated 6 million euros per season, and Roma will receive 50 million euros when the transfer is completed over the summer.

"I am grateful to be signing for a great club like AC Milan," said Totti on Thursday. "I love Roma with all my heart and spent 12 seasons there, but I felt it was time to move on."

Adriano Galliani, AC Milan's director, said there would be a press conference on Monday morning. "Of course we are very happy to sign a player of such quality as Totti. We had been after Francesco for many years and we are ecstatic to have finally signed him. Once Berlusconi gave us the green light to sign him, we did everything in our power to persuade Francesco to transfer to AC Milan."

The Roma midfielder had been linked to AC Milan, Inter Milan, Chelsea, and Real Madrid, due to the financial crisis at the Rome club. AS Roma are expected to sell off many of their stars to help ease their debs, but even that may not be enough to avoid forced relegation to Serie B.

Totti's transfer might provide a further incentive for AS Roma's coach Fabio Capello to also depart the club this summer. Like Totti, Capello has been linked with many clubs, and it is thought that he will replace Chelsea coach Claudio Ranieri at the end of the season.

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, but Totti was more believable... :D

By the way, why can't you lot be more gullible? ;)

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
04/01/2004. Inter's midfielder, Cristiano Zanetti, has declared he would welcome an eventuality of Inter buying Emerson and Totti as they are world class players.

The Italian midfielder said about the two Roma players:

"They would be welcome; the great champions are always welcomed. The more great players who join Inter, the happier we will be. We have a reputation to hold up to and so far we have not failed in converting World Class Players into World Class Crap Players. It will be tough to convert Totti into one but here at Inter anything is possible."

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
The story will come true in the summer. :D

Funny that Inter fans and players even think about Totti. Totti has no desire to leave Roma for a worse club.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts