Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Totti set to face ban? Tuesday 4 March, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Francesco Totti has been referred to the Italian Football Federation’s disciplinary commission for “having expressed opinions denying the regularity of the championship.”

Totti’s referral is based on statements made by the Roma captain after the Giallorossi’s game with Inter last Wednesday.

It all began after the Nerazzurri’s 2-0 victory at Catania in early February. Asked to comment on the result Er Pupone said: “Inter are strong, but something always happens and they win.

“There is a slight psychological bias on the part of everyone. I don’t want to attack Inter, their players are good and they win on the pitch. But on the field they receive help.”

Totti later qualified his statement, saying: “I don’t think Inter have done what Juventus did in the past.”

Roma then travelled to the Giuseppe Meazza to face the League leaders where Philippe Mexes was sent-off in controversial circumstances and Javier Zanetti equalised after 87 minutes to rob La Magica of a vital three points.

“[Referee Roberto] Rosetti has ruined everything. We played better at San Siro. In the evening I was right to talk about ‘aiutone’ – help,” raged Totti.

“I am disappointed because you train all week and then, you know what? Because they are strong or because something happens, they always win.”

Whether Il Capitano will be banned or fined is up to Stefano Palazzi, the Italian Federation’s magistrate.

Palazzi called Totti into question for “damaging directly or indirectly the reputation, prestige and credibility of the federal institutions and the operative organs of the FIGC.”

Italy’s referees and their designator, Pierluigi Collina, have come under heavy criticism recently after mistakes by a young and raw batch of officials cost a number of teams – most notably Juventus at Reggina where the Bianconeri were denied three penalties.

Collina is responsible for the designation and the education of Italy’s refereeing class, which is comprised of new and inexperienced recruits after the Calciopoli scandal seriously depleted the peninsula’s pool of top class match officials.
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/mar4c.html

He's making some fair points though is he not? Or is this something he should have kept to himself?

In my opinion he has every right to vent his frustration like this as it seems the Italian Football Federation has done very little to improve refereeing decisions - especially those involving Inter.

Although to be fair it looks like a case of too little too late.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
I'm sure he will be fined. A suspension would be ridiculous and show even more bias towards Inter in the eyes of the public by allowing Roma to be without Totti for a match where every point is crucial now. Any slip up by Roma now and the race is over.

·
Registered
23,841 Posts
He'll just be called into the Principal's office for a stern talking to.

Principal: "Did you mean that the refs are corrupt or that they just suck?" :mad:

Totti: "They just suck, I'm sorry I implied they are bought." :angel:

Principal: "Ok then..." :neutral:

Totti: "Ok..." :rolleyes:

Then he'll get a small fine, which he can easily afford. And everyone is happy. :)

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
'Principal, you knew that they were bought.. and wtf are you going to do about it... fine me ?, I shall do a Cassano'

*takes off shirt*

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Totti won't be banned and he already got fined. Roma is already taking measurements though... hopefully justice will be made... but I doubt since we are Italy you know. :rollani:

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Cacìni;6157628 said:
Why not ban him? Rosetti could have done even more for Inter, time to finish his job for him.
That penalty kick and the constant elbows from Napoli surely weren't enough to disprove another Calciopoli. I mean, it isn't as if we weren't witnessing an almost record breaking squad who hadn't lost a game in an away game in a year. :rolleyes:

Bitterness is absolutely hilarious on this board.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
That penalty kick and the constant elbows from Napoli surely weren't enough to disprove another Calciopoli. I mean, it isn't as if we weren't witnessing an almost record breaking squad who hadn't lost a game in an away game in a year. :rolleyes:

So let me guess, one foul for once that you deserve cancel all the MAGAGNE you did 'til now?

Stupidity is hilarious on this board.

·
Registered
12,237 Posts

Inter is a great team, I respect them a lot. They still needed Rosetti to tie up the game though.

·
Registered
59,816 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Timing of this is just terrible. If he gets a ban after Inter lost their first game conspiracy theorists will have a great material to work with

·
Registered
59,816 Posts
Weak. :D :finger:

Good luck tomorrow though.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Inter is a great team, I respect them a lot. They still needed Rosetti to tie up the game though.
Go ahead and stick to the theory like glue. Don't lose any sleep over it, though. :lala:

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
Go ahead and stick to the theory like glue. Don't lose any sleep over it, though. :lala:
Uhm...no, I'm not? How is it it's practically impossible to express opinions on XT, even as tranquill as I did in this thread, without being accused of hysteria? The nuances are just right out the window on this board.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Uhm...no, I'm not? How is it it's practically impossible to express opinions on XT, even as tranquill as I did in this thread, without being accused of hysteria? The nuances are just right out the window on this board.
I'm as tranquil as you have ever been and I'm just defending my team. If you were to read as much nonsense about your dear Magica Roma, you'd understand.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts