Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's being reported all around that Roma captain Francesco totti has stated in an Interview that unless President Franco sensi sells the club then he will consider moving on.www.calciomercato.com has it as do others also,Totti wants a more competitive Roma and a buyer who could build the team from the capital into a much more stronger opponent.

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
Apparently, the interviews source is AS, so it's highly likely that it's completely bogus...go figure.

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
I guess Sensi told Perez he wouldn't sell Totti to Real, so Totti is using threats. (?) Nothing surprises me. I doubt Totti will be with us past May.

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
His contract runs until 2006, right? Probably a big money move in the summer then.. :undecide:

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Primo said:
I guess Sensi told Perez he wouldn't sell Totti to Real, so Totti is using threats. (?) Nothing surprises me. I doubt Totti will be with us past May.
Nah, I think if the story is true, Totti is trying to change Roma for the better like he did with his threats after the miserable 2002-03 8th place season. Roma cannot challenge for the Scudetto anymore until Sensi is gone and replaced with an owner capable of spending serious money....without legal troubles or investigations. Il Capitano doesn't want to be part of another 5-10 year drought where Roma barely makes the Top 10...and he is in he prime now...can you blame him?

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
Romanista10 said:
Nah, I think if the story is true, Totti is trying to change Roma for the better
That's my interpretation of it as well. If he wanted to be sold, he will be in the summer, because we can't afford not to. But I naïvly believe this to be an attempt to make his last years at Roma truly competitive, by speeding up the process of getting a new owner.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Fifa: "Nessuna intervista di Totti al Magazine"
Smentita ufficialmente la notizia riportata da AS
Francesco Totti non ha rilasciato alcuna intervista al mensile della federcalcio internazionale "FIFA Magazine".

Seems Totti never made these comments cause there was no interview.

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Why does the Italian media always try to rob us of our serenity? I guess it's a matter of ownership, but it's becoming so obvious.
Edit*: I guess it was a Spanish publication, but Totti's denial was pretty weak. He called the comments a "misunderstanding."

·
Registered
581 Posts
I find it funny that when the russians wanted to buy roma last season, totti said he would leave if the russians came....but now apparently he'll leave if sensi doesn't leave :googly:

wtf?

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think totti is doing it in all the good for Roma,sensi needs to go and a new buyer will come I really do think so.Don't you guys?

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Real chief in Totti trip? Monday 6 December, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Real Madrid President Florentino Perez will meet with Roma officials today – possibly to enquire about Francesco Totti.

The Giallorossi have confirmed that Perez will be a guest of chief Franco Sensi ahead of Wednesday’s Champions’ League tie.

"I don’t know what Perez’s intentions are but I think he just wants to say hello to Sensi, a man he has great respect for," stated sporting director Franco Baldini.

However, whispers insist that Perez is in the Italian capital as part of a plan to sign Francesco Totti in the summer.

Although the Madrid outfit have been heavily linked with Antonio Cassano lately, Totti is believed to be their number one transfer objective.

"I don’t know what is in Perez’s mind but I don’t think he is coming to Rome to talk about Totti," Baldini responded.

"His visit is simply down to a friendship with Sensi and the close bond between the two clubs."

Baldini added that he was hopeful that both Totti and Cassano, whose agreements expire in 2006, would sign new deals.

"These are two very important contracts," he continued. "It is true that it will be difficult to agree terms but not impossible."

Meanwhile, Totti wrote himself into the club’s history last night by scoring his 106th League goal for the outfit.

"I’ve matched Roberto Pruzzo’s record tally," he said after his strike in the 1-1 draw with Sampdoria.

"It is a goal that I want to dedicate to myself. Now I just want to keep on scoring to better the record."

channel4

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
its crap ,,,

www.channel4.com

Totti denies exit talk Tuesday 7 December, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Francesco Totti has quickly diffused reports that he is looking to leave Roma at the end of the season.

A Spanish newspaper today suggested that the Italian would quit the Stadio Olimpico outfit if a new owner didn’t arrive.

"My contract expires in 2006 and if President Franco Sensi stays then I will decide to leave," the captain was quoted as saying by the ‘AS’ newspaper.

"It is my hope that Sensi sells. At that point I will speak to the new owner in an effort to find out the plans for the future. I want to play for a competitive Roma."

However, Totti immediately hit back at those statements. "It’s all a misunderstanding," he replied on Tuesday.

"I feel like a Romanista and I am happy to remain here. Roma is the club of my life."

Totti’s future has been at the centre of speculation for some time as he has just 18 months left on his current deal.

Although he has today committed himself to the Giallorossi, there is a possibility that he could still leave.

Especially as Real Madrid President Florentino Perez is in the Italian capital ahead of Wednesday’s Champions’ League tie.

The Spanish giants are known to be keen on signing the Italian international at the end of this season.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Roma want Totti for life Wednesday 8 December, 2004

Roma are ready to offer Francesco Totti a new contract that could see him end his career with the club.

His current deal expires in the summer of 2006 but reports suggest he may sign an extension for a further four seasons.

Roma President Franco Sensi is ready to keep him at the Stadio Olimpico until 2010 – when the attacker will be 34-years-old.

Totti has been strongly linked with an exit recently as Real Madrid have shown an interest in the No 10.

The player himself would like to remain with his home-town team but he wants guarantees before committing his future to the Giallorossi.

The Italian international is willing to stay but only if he is sure that Roma can fight for major honours.

After all, the Roman has won just one Scudetto and an Italian Super Cup since making his debut as a 16-year-old.

It’s believed that Totti will meet with Roma officials in the New Year to start negotiations over a renewal.

"I hope that a solution will be found even if I’m confident that he and Antonio Cassano will not be sold," said boss Gigi Del Neri yesterday.

Milan, Inter and Chelsea would also reportedly take an interest in the player if he was made available for transfer.

channel4

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
what's wrong with you carson and bokiko?
are you trying to argue with eachother by copy-paste channel 4 "articles" in here?

please do that somewhere else...

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If Totti was to leave Roma it would be a massive Tragedy,someone so Colossal as Francesco.It would be so hard to see,As I see it clearly sensi will sell and an Investor with bigger funds will make Roma stronger.De rossi,Totti,Cassano,Aquilani,Agostino,Montella,Chivu and the rest C'mon have a look.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Schumy said:
If Totti was to leave Roma it would be a massive Tragedy,someone so Colossal as Francesco.It would be so hard to see,As I see it clearly sensi will sell and an Investor with bigger funds will make Roma stronger.De rossi,Totti,Cassano,Aquilani,Agostino,Montella,Chivu and the rest C'mon have a look.
yeah, I've heard a lot of similar voices from Totti that he'd go out from Roma if Sense willn't buy a new players for team intensification... anyway I don't think that Sensi has so much courage for Totti's selling, it'll be a tragedy not only for fans or Roma- and for a future of Sensi too

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
In all fairness Totti shouldn't really be saying anything like this to the Media it's no good airing out your dirty laundry in Public.Even though he has a valid point,It's not nice for morale.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thotobald said:
What do you mean? This interview doesn't exist. How can he word himself differently when there's no one to talk to?
C'mon Thoto we all know Francesco is thinking that,He's stated it many times in the past also.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts