Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other(Please state)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that Trapattoni now has a dilemma whether to choose Alsessandro Del Piero who scored the vital goal coming on for 12 minutes only as a substitute on Thursday that qualified Italy or Francesco Totti who had a generally better season to the starting line-up of the match against South Korea.

Please vote and comment

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
I would go for both
BTW Totti did not have a better season. DP topped him in goals and Scudetto and probably assists. DP got Italy to the WC with his fk against Hungary(i think). He was virtually injury-free, and he has the capability of scoring and assisting, so I would have this as the lineup

Totti
Vieri DP

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Bail, I think ADP is not a direct sub for Totti.

Trap played ADP and Montella on the wings with Vieri in the centre was good. That happens when all things failed against the Mexicans. This time round, Totti shld be a sub for a change , since his form dipped or he got to desperate. I would want to see the 3-4-3 to start, its cool and also in respect of the performance from the 2 super-subs then.

Montella-----Vieri------ADP

-------------[___]----------

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Montella didn't impress me one bit against Mexico as a winger but Vieri is also more effective as striker, so he should perhaps remain as substitute for Vieri. For me, Totti and Del Piero's positions are very similar and they would only disturb each other on the pitch at the same time... like Ono and Nakata... maybe

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Totti and Del Piero can play together. I don't know why Trap says that they can't.
He says that there is no place for two creative players. So, why he uses Doni with Totti together then?
I really can't understand it, but I am not a coach, and I am sure that Trap is a real professional and he knows what he does.
FORZA ITALIA!

·
Registered
461 Posts
del piero should deserve a chance to start with vieri...let totti play behind them...but that is the problem...trap no like to play like this...he likes the 4-4-1-1 better (he calls it a 4-4-2 but totti is not a striker)...come on trap...del deserves it!!!!!!

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
I didn't vote because I believe it's absurd that they can't play together, with Vieri further up front. IMO it would work, but Italy's coach apparently believes his team doesn't need any more forwards.

My vote is for Totti, Del Piero and Vieri together. It actually sounds kind of obvious, but maybe that's just me.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Garrincha said:

My vote is for Totti, Del Piero and Vieri together. It actually sounds kind of obvious, but maybe that's just me.

No. It's totally freaking obvious. Vieri is the obvious striker and Del Piero is the obvious second forward. And Totti is the obvious playmaker behind the two of them. Everybody can see it. Too bad Trap can't.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Both should play. Totti's sub on this team should be Doni.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
How do you want me to edit it?

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
I guess he means you should put in a third option in the poll, "Both should play and Trap is blind for not seeing it". :D Isn't that right? That would be my vote. :)

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
IL TORO... why not make one for the Most Preferred Trio.

Mine is Totti, Vieri, Montella.

But to be realistic, Totti shld be on the bench for SK...for his form...so bring on ADP...

Cheers!

·
Registered
13,169 Posts
According to this morning's Il Messaggero, Trap has announced that he will start Del Piero along with Vieri and Totti. Nesta is still limping and remains doubtful.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
i can see no reason for both not be able to play. IMO obvious that one is a striker and the other is a creative midfielder or playmaker.

i couldnt see all 4, dp, vieri, montella and totti on at the same time.

i choose totti behind vieri and del piero. this will help totti as he is forced to do all the creating by himself which is hard and against mexico with a 5 man midfield, he struggled.

del piero can create and totti gets that pressure off him abit, and it allows totti to be more free.

totti's sub is doni
del piero's sub is montella
vieri's sub is inzaghi

simple as that.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Garrincha said:
I guess he means you should put in a third option in the poll, "Both should play and Trap is blind for not seeing it". :D Isn't that right? That would be my vote. :)
Yes, something like that, the exact phrasing isn't important. I'm only interested in your opinion on the matter, I haven't voted myself ;).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts