Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Professional Pirate
7,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive opened this thread since there has been many heated discussions about this huge debate...we obviously know what the roma management is goin to do since totti is considered an icon and "hero"...but i think people have different views about this "touchy" subject.Would you either sell your captain ( who put roma on the map in the new century ) and make way for the new younger,leaner and faster athletes ( chivu,mexes.ferrari,mancini,cassano,d'agstino,curci,cassano,aquilani,scurto....just a couple who are 24 and younger on the tea, :notlist: ) or would you keep your captain who was born and stayed loyal to his club and his your leading goal scorer and proves that he is the captain on the pitch with his game. Now before you all start goin crazy on me and say keep totti cause he was always loyal etc etc lets not forget that this is cassano's first "big" club...roma helped put him in the big spotlight on the new age strikers that are starting to emerge so why would a young kid who does love his club leave?? just because he missed his old coach?? totti has been heard praising mazzone ( the first coach who gave him a real chance ) and he did praise zemen...so what makes them different??

of course this may be to early to speculate who is better since cassano is 23 and totti is 28 and they are entering different stages in there lives.But still the question remains who would you keep??

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Given our financial situation, it is pretty clear that we need to sell some players. For that matter I would sell Cassano over Totti. I already stated why. Totti is Roma, Cassano is a young hotheaded player who still needs to gain experience IMO, and he will never be a leader like Totti. And about Totti vs. Cassano, Cassano sent messages of “love” to Capello, whereas Totti just stated good things about Mazzone. That is pretty much the whole diff. And you also need to see WHEN they did it. Cassano praises Capello right after he left us for our rivals…not good. If he would have done it in 3 years, that would be diff. You do not praise someone who is still not looked well by the Romanisti just when he left us. I am a fan of Capello as in I think he is the best. He coaches the thieves but hey, got to give the guy his props, but he also did a “bastardata” of leaving us especially when he said that he would never go to Juve. That is my take and I am always with Totti, no matter what.

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Keep Totti if you can. He is your captain after all and he has done more for Roma than any other player on the current team. :thmbup:

·
Professional Pirate
7,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
good posts guyz. I expected there to be like some kind of 10 to 1 ratio...being for every 10 people voting for totti to stay or choosing him there would be 1 who would want cassano. But its ok everyone is entitled to there opinion which is cool. I feel for you guyz who want totti to stay but i just dont see the difference between them. One person mentioned totti has done more then cassano has for roma. OBVIOUSLY...look where totti was born and started off!! Cassano is still young and is getting there.They are both emotional about the club so please for future posters dont say cassano doesnt love the club.Im not sure why but i think im goin to go against the norm and vouch for cassano. But ill state my reasons a bit later tho.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Cassano is emotional as a person and he would act like he cares for the club he plays in no matter where he would play. But logically Totti feels more for Roma for obvious reasons. How can you not see the diff? Totti has been with us since he started his soccer career and Cassano has only becomed a star for us in the last 2 years. For Roma fans and especially for people from Roma, there is a huge diff. bewteen the two players. And Cassano has still a long way to go. He is good but he would never take us to win a title like Totti (with the help of Bati etc.) did.

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
I want who wants to stay. I want the passion and pride. I've seen it in Totti's eyes this season. It's been missing all year from Cassano.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Primo said:
I want who wants to stay. I want the passion and pride. I've seen it in Totti's eyes this season. It's been missing all year from Cassano.

i really dont get how u get that...

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
From watching games and Cassano playing...pretty easy actually. Primo is right, Cassano has played like he was forced all year long.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
You're
Romanista said:
mentally challenged
. Cassano easily told the Roma ultras that he never said anyting to Capello and he loves it at Roma.

·
Registered
805 Posts
and how exactly is that different from Totti's behaviour? dont tell me? facial expressions? GASP

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Wow so it took you 18 minutes to double post? LOL

·
Registered
805 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
Wow so it took you 18 minutes to double post? LOL
heh, went for a shower and Internet explorer gave me a page not found thing, so i figured it didnt go through, still managed to make a decent question outta the 2nd post though..

edit - and by the way, dont taunt fiorito, hes entitled to his opinion, wrong as it may be

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Yeah, he is entitled to his own
Romanista said:
mentally challenged
opinion, but hey, who said everyone in this world is meant to be smart?

Cassano clearly told the world that he is staying. I don't know whats worse than lying to a bunch of drunk Roma ultras ready to beat the shit out of you, your restaurant and house

·
Registered
805 Posts
actually, my point goes somewhat like..neither of them has signed their contracts yet, so none is better than the other.. the fact that the newspapers are making rumors about one an the other means nothing to me.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Primo really got it in one, we can't hang on people who want to go somewhere else. Anyway imo the club can't sell someone like Totti, the only way he could ever leave would be if he really wants to go away himself. On the other hand if Cassano wants to stay as well then the club should do what it can within reason to keep him, but at the end of the day if they need the money or can't meet his demands then it's a shame but i reckon they'd have to sell him.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
I love Totti, I don´t love Cassano, I like him as a player, but I don´t love him as a player. I could freaking tatoo Tottis name in my forehead, that´s why I´d rather have Totti in Roma then any other player, I wouldn´t trade him for anyone or anything.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Totti or Cassano ??!! it's easy & obvious for me..

Cassano to go for whome pays more.. i'd rather sell him before Chivu also..

actually i'd LIKE it if we sold Cassano and invest the money proparly.. i mean think of all the good players that we can get from his money sale.. we'll also get rid of his spoiled a** and all the problems behind it..

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
Hey, if Cassano wants to stay with Roma, I'd be totally psyched. I want who wants to stay here, and that applies to both players. But Totti's had more heart on the pitch this year (when he's been able to play) :D

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Pulsar stop with the personal insults like "loser" and "dumbass"....save it for your forum.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Totti and cassano both have something in common.... they are not leaders on the field in terms of the examples they set for thier team. However they are also both World Class players, i would always pick cassano cos of the age difference, he is not that far away from totti's ablitty at 22 years old and that speak volumes in itself, i would also like to say i think there is real truth in the rumor that Milan will sign Totti this Year, i bet you people if that is the case, cassano will stay on at roma and carry on the legacy. They are both great though, and for the sake of roma (who have some great young players) i hope they see out this bad patch and both stay on.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts