Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Tuesday's Il Corriere Dello Sport-Stadio, they had an exclusive interview with Totti looking back at his great career to date. They had some great stats as well. In Totti's career, he has had 15 Doppiette (10 in Serie A, 1 in Champions League, 1 in UEFA Cup, 1 in Coppa Italia, and 1 on the U21 Azzurri). But the best part of the article is Totti's top 5 best goals.

So according to Francesco, "Ecco le mie cinque reti piu' belle..."

1. The "cucchiaio" penalty against Van der Sar of Holland in the semifinals of the 2000 European Championships.

2. The left footed one timer off a Cafu cross against Udinese in the 2001 Scudetto season.

3. The Maradona like goal against Sampdoria this past Sunday.

4. The "cucchiaio" goal against Empoli this past December.

5. The second freekick goal against Milan in last year's Coppa Italia finals.

I am very surprised with the last 2 picks. I would have definitely said the "6 Unica pallonetto" against lazio in 2002 and the goal he scored against Parma when Roma clinched the Scudetto.

FORZA TOTTI!!!!

·
Registered
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Totti's Objectives for 2004

AS Roma captain and Italian international forward Francesco Totti has outlined his objectives for the year 2004, with winning the Scudetto with Roma, performing well in EURO 2004 for Italy and marrying long time girlfriend Ilary Blasi all at the forefront.

Totti has so far enjoyed a fine season with his Roma side, and it is no surprise that the Giallorossi are leading the Serie A at the current point in time, having conceded only 7 goals in just 17 matches.

"After last seasons debacle, it would have been impossible to perform worse this year. The players came together as a group and changed their attitudes in the off-season and we are now seeing the rewards," explained the Giallorosso captain.

"Above all, coach Capello has certainly given us confidence and tranquillity, and therefore, he has helped the younger members of the squad grow."

Totti himself has also set himself a few objectives this season. "The Scudetto with Roma and the European Championships with Italy are the most important targets for me this season."

When prompted about his current girlfriend, top Italian model Ilary Blasi, Totti responded, "Ilary has transmitted serenity to me and it has helped me to grow, both as a man and a football player."

"We have talked about the wedding, and the European Championships are this summer. So if not next summer, then we will only say that it is imminent."

·
Registered
45,844 Posts
The most beautiful goals by Totti? Too difficult... most of his goals are beautiful, but I would had that his assists are also beautiful.
Let's hope that he will be in good shape during the next summer, our NT needs the best Totti.

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
How can he forget the goal against Torino few years ago? Nice pass through from Candela, and what does he do? Well, he dribbles Luca Bucchi before passing it in.... That one is the best!
The lob vs. Lazio is btw much prettier than the Empoli lob!

·
Registered
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FrancescoTotti said:
How can he forget the goal against Torino few years ago? Nice pass through from Candela, and what does he do? Well, he dribbles Luca Bucchi before passing it in.... That one is the best!
The lob vs. Lazio is btw much prettier than the Empoli lob!
OMG you are soo right! That "ballet type" goal where he faked out the defender, the keeper, and the cameramen!!!!!:D

Grande Francesco....Tu Sei Calcio!!!

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
They must be coool

Any links for the gols he stated... and those you guys think.

·
On Planet Z
6,520 Posts
Give this a try, Italia:

Goals Roma 03-04

You might need to get Quicktime if you don't have it already, but some beauties such as Amantino's tacco di dio from the derby and Totti's second goal against Samp are there. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think, that almost all Francesco's goals were beautiful. But the best goal was in seasson 2002/2003 in Coppa Italia against AC Milan. In first match, his goal was super.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts