Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Totti injury worries Trap Sunday 5 May, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Francesco Totti's condition is beginning to worry Italy boss Giovanni Trapattoni.

The Roma captain and shining light of the Azzurri side has still not recovered from a thigh strain suffered during the March 27 friendly win against England.

“The problem is the scar tissue from the previous injury,” explained Giallorossi Coach Fabio Capello.

“The pain is due to that and right now he can’t even attempt to kick a ball.”

When asked if this could prove an issue for Giovanni Trapattoni’s World Cup squad, the answer was ominous.

“That will be Trap’s problem. We took the best care of him, now it will be up to them.”

There have been claims that Roma did not realise the seriousness of his injury. The player was brought back quickly in order to play in their showdown with Milan at the San Siro on April 21.

It was reported in the press that Totti asked to be substituted during that game and point blank refused to play their next match with Chievo as he felt a twinge in his thigh.

With Christian Vieri already battling constant muscular problems and a host of players ruled out - such as Demetrio Albertini, Enrico Chiesa, Valerio Bertotto and Gianluca Pessotto - this does not bode well for Italy's World Cup hopes.

An injury doubt hanging over Totti's head could benefit Roberto Baggio.

The veteran has recovered from ruptured knee ligaments in record time and would be an ideal back-up for the ailing Roma star.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I think despite his old age, Baggio is much much better than totti in every aspect. So I think Trap has nothing to worry, because I AM SURE that baggio is the one If Italy want to win WC2002. totti is not needed:tongue: :tongue: :tongue: .

·
Registered
85 Posts
Juan Veron, poor Laziale! Being Laziale makes you become an idiot?? Poor of you!! Thanks God I am not Laziale!! :rolleyes: :D

:greed: :howler: :groan:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts