Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thoroughly enjoyed the derby match last night one of the best games ive seen all year. I Love watching Di Canio he's like a court jester surrounded by the German SS. I was enjoying the game untill the Lazio fans through the flare and several Tango bottles on the pitch. It's just not on especially when their side is winning.
However when Totti almost got his face blown off it did make me laugh. I'm not the greatest fan of him and i think a bomb to his face may of made him a bit more prettier (as he has no lips).
On a serious note these pyrotechnics shouldnt be in the stadium, people could get hurt. In England if these scenes occurred massive fines would be put onto the clubs and individuals would be dealt with firmly.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
A disgrace, I must say. Our fans can hate the Roma players and insult them as much as they want but throwing bombs that could seriously injure or even kill someone is totally unacceptable. Last year the Roma fans did it against Dida and the team got a few games ban from playing on the Olimpico, we deserve something like that although I doubt it will stop the "fans" who do insane things like this. :(
The authorities should take some measures too and the security to be more strict, not allowing people with bombs to enter the stadium. Or at least they should find the one who threw this bomb.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
The derby is always an emotional event,especially the rome one and leading up to this one was certainly going to be a heated affair.But I simply don't undertsand the stupidity and anti-social behaviour by certain individuals.Insult,criticise in passion but throwing flares and trying to do harm what is the reason for that?
as for Di canio by inciting his fans like that was just idiotic all they need is a club symbol to make things worse. :nono:

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Roma is not one to talk about the morals of not inciting opposing fans. It is like a circle you get some you give some. It is unfortunate but it the reality of Rome perhaps with a more concentrated effort to clean things up there will be an improvment but it undoubtedly runs deep in the cultrure of Rome and that is going to be very hard to change. I am not going to even mention the thing about Rome being founded on blood.

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
What do you expect from fascist fans huh

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
What you have here is a photo taken of Di Canio as he was waving to the fans, a split second of which his arm is outstreched. Typical Italian media, finallly Lazio wins a derby again and they try to diminish our performance with this sort of thing. :wallbang:

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Boyo said:
What you have here is a photo taken of Di Canio as he was waving to the fans, a split second of which his arm is outstreched. Typical Italian media, finallly Lazio wins a derby again and they try to diminish our performance with this sort of thing. :wallbang:
:googly:

Hahahaha your not very familar with Di Canio are you Boyo?... :tongue: jeez I know your Laziale and all but it's plainly obvious what the gesture was intended for and to whom it was directed and if you knew a little more about Paolo you'd know what his views are...

I can't believe the biased even when obvious...this is as funny as hell...:D I'd like to quote the great "John McEnroe" " You cannot be serious" :tongue:

No one's diminishing anything...Lazio won...fair and square but as with all such big encounters such as a derby there's always flip-side to it all...and it wouldn't be a Roma derby without a bit of trouble in fact if a Roma derby was peaceful I would be very very surprised and deeply troubled... :strong: :jester: :devil: I know it sounds strange but it's the truth...even if some don't want to admit it...;)

·
Banned
6,222 Posts
Having had the privelige to be in the Olympico this year, I can say , like many of you know, that the bombs are part of the deal... you sit around quietly eating popcorn and suddenly... bOOOOOOOM, the whole place shakes, it's quite cool :shades:

·
Banned
6,222 Posts
Zangari_Italia said:
Roma is not one to talk about the morals of not inciting opposing fans. It is like a circle you get some you give some. It is unfortunate but it the reality of Rome perhaps with a more concentrated effort to clean things up there will be an improvment but it undoubtedly runs deep in the cultrure of Rome and that is going to be very hard to change. I am not going to even mention the thing about Rome being founded on blood.
This must be some sort of joke. :rolleyes: "runs deep in the culture of Rome ??? Roma being founded on blood ? Sounds racist to me. It's possible to talk about the calcio issue (maybe, though it's also wrong) but the whole town.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just we Won with our Best playing. and Paolo Did His Job Again absolutely and No Doubt Zotti was bastard again.Damn I hate Zotti.!!!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Abousltely it's was ridiclouse and ingornat from Di canio to act and behave that way .Specaily the gesture was out place , out time and out of character.
A footballer has every right to express his self in way he see fit, but to pay attribute to an destructive ideolegy that was behined great pain and misery to millions of people is not acceptable nor understandable.Di canio should be invistigated and punished severly .

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
gba said:
This must be some sort of joke. :rolleyes: "runs deep in the culture of Rome ??? Roma being founded on blood ? Sounds racist to me. It's possible to talk about the calcio issue (maybe, though it's also wrong) but the whole town.... :rolleyes:
GBA I am saying that the hard core fans are part of the culture of Rome and are also influenced by the culture of Rome. It is hard to take out the violent and extremely hard core elements of politics out of a city. The thing about Rome being founded on blood was an allusion to the myth of Romulus and Remus two brothers who alledgedly founded the city. Romulus killed his brother and hence Rome being founded on blood. It also follows through the history of the city with the Roman Empire and the gladiators and the martyrs.

Could you please explain what you mean by this "It's possible to talk about the calcio issue (maybe, though it's also wrong)." Thanks.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Please, if you are going to talk about the Roman Empire, do so in the History Forum. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
yeah we wanna talk about our winning!!!

on the otherhand why all ..ckheads said that DiCanio is ignoran or something like that.

Damn.Didn't you watch the game guys???

Dicanio was the first player to stop the Filipini and other players. And What the ..uck Cassano Did??? What the ..uck Zotti Did??? Damn Someone Doesnt know all of those or kidding with us...

We won the Derby match and just other ...ing teams which supports roma just shut up. Allright?

Always Dicanio stopped to try other players and when Zotti and Cassano started ..ucking deryb rulez he was just angrily.. And zotti and cassano deserved it!!

If you offense to us Just Shut up!! Coz i will think that you dont know anything about the football and Lazio-roma..

oh my oh... what a stupid!!!

·
38,110 Posts
GaGa said:
:googly:

Hahahaha your not very familar with Di Canio are you Boyo?... :tongue: jeez I know your Laziale and all but it's plainly obvious what the gesture was intended for and to whom it was directed and if you knew a little more about Paolo you'd know what his views are...

I can't believe the biased even when obvious...this is as funny as hell...:D I'd like to quote the great "John McEnroe" " You cannot be serious" :tongue:

No one's diminishing anything...Lazio won...fair and square but as with all such big encounters such as a derby there's always flip-side to it all...and it wouldn't be a Roma derby without a bit of trouble in fact if a Roma derby was peaceful I would be very very surprised and deeply troubled... :strong: :jester: :devil: I know it sounds strange but it's the truth...even if some don't want to admit it...;)
I am very familiar with Di Canio. I'm also very familiar with how these sorts of things are manipulated and blown out of proportion in the media to serve some sort of anti-Lazio agenda that we Laziali have experienced far too often.

You at Parma shouldn't be a stranger to it either, referring to the Buffon 88 story.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Boyo said:
I am very familiar with Di Canio. I'm also very familiar with how these sorts of things are manipulated and blown out of proportion in the media to serve some sort of anti-Lazio agenda that we Laziali have experienced far too often.

You at Parma shouldn't be a stranger to it either, referring to the Buffon 88 story.
I didn't say it wasn't blown out of proportion...The media can build you up and tear you down...it's always been like that.

That they may have a hidden agenda is a totally different story...Lazio have never been the most liked club due to them being a Roma club (a lot of Italians hate Romans and the city mainly northern Italian people, there's a north and south divide etc etc) they have also been pigeon-holed as a club that allows facists to run the roost in the Olimpico with rampant political messages and influences on the clubs affairs....I can't name another club that has a set of fans as powerful as the Irriducibili.

The first thing Lazio will have to live with...their a Roman club PERIOD. The second thing...well Lazio have never really made an effort to sort out, they still give free tickets to the Irriducibili and fund the group financially. :rolleyes: How do I know this? Because my cousin (female) is part of them and tells me all about the supposed struggles in the curva and political views. :lazy:

The club has only itself to blame really for the bad PR job they have done and you can blame the media all you want but if your the media and you know the club supports the very thing football is trying to kick out then what else can you do but write stories and articles on the subject and tarnish the club left, right and centre. :rolleyes:

As for Buffon he's a facist just like Di Canio is...where as Di Canio is more out-spoken about it all, Buffon prefers to make references to it in-directly...e.g wearing t-shirts with messages, sly references in interviews.

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
Boyo said:

You sure Jester and the rest of the people at laziofever aren't behind you winding up the puppet that speaks? :rolleyes:

As for the Parma reference - that's eeringly similar to the defence the juventini used about their trial: "everyone's doing it so we can't be guilty." Not that it is at all relevant to Di Canio's saluto romano, but Buffon is known to be a dimwit fascist. I know I've read GaGa say so too in the past, he has never ever tried to deny that fact, unlike some *cough attack coming on*.

·
38,110 Posts
GaGa said:
I didn't say it wasn't blown out of proportion...The media can build you up and tear you down...it's always been like that.

That they may have a hidden agenda is a totally different story...Lazio have never been the most liked club due to them being a Roma club (a lot of Italians hate Romans and the city mainly northern Italian people, there's a north and south divide etc etc) they have also been pigeon-holed as a club that allows facists to run the roost in the Olimpico with rampant political messages and influences on the clubs affairs....I can't name another club that has a set of fans as powerful as the Irriducibili.

The first thing Lazio will have to live with...their a Roman club PERIOD. The second thing...well Lazio have never really made an effort to sort out, they still give free tickets to the Irriducibili and fund the group financially. :rolleyes: How do I know this? Because my cousin (female) is part of them and tells me all about the supposed struggles in the curva and political views. :lazy:

The club has only itself to blame really for the bad PR job they have done and you can blame the media all you want but if your the media and you know the club supports the very thing football is trying to kick out then what else can you do but write stories and articles on the subject and tarnish the club left, right and centre. :rolleyes:

As for Buffon he's a facist just like Di Canio is...where as Di Canio is more out-spoken about it all, Buffon prefers to make references to it in-directly...e.g wearing t-shirts with messages, sly references in interviews.
Good point. And I'm not denying that possiblity, but I was watching the match live and I didn't see him making such a salute. He did wave and gesture to the fans a lot, especially after his goal, but if he would have made the Roman salute and in such a way as the photo makes it seem, it surely would have been caught on camera as well and certainly would have been talked about during the match. Yet it wasn't. That and the media bias, is why I think it is like I said in my previous post.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts