Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Francesco Totti has been given a five-match ban, while Zlatan Ibrahimovic's three-game stop rules him out of the Milan showdown.
Ibrahimovic was going to be suspended for this Sunday's trip to Lazio anyway after he was booked in the 1-0 defeat to Inter, but TV evidence was also used for his off the ball clash with Ivan Cordoba.

Not witnessed by the officials, it prompted another two-match ban that will rule the Juventus striker out of games against Bologna and Milan. It's almost certain Juve will appeal to get the suspension reduced.

That lash out on Cordoba wasn't the only incident involving Ibrahimovic during the game, as he also headbutted Sinisa Mihajlovic.

Roma captain Totti was sent off in yesterday's 2-0 home loss to Siena for striking Francesco Colonnese in an off the ball incident.

The linesman spotted the punch and suggested the Italian international be shown his second red card of the season, making him Roma’s least disciplined player with 12 bookings completing his tally of shame.

“We will fine the maximum 30 per cent of Totti’s monthly wages,” announced Giallorossi Coach Bruno Conti. “We must also point out that he is subjected to constant provocation. He has to rise above it, but the referees should also look out for this treatment.”

The fine – which should amount to £82,000 – is a clear signal that the club is increasingly frustrated with Totti’s attitude and lack of leadership skills. He will only be able to play one more Serie A game this season - the closer against Chievo - missing out on Sampdoria, Brescia, Parma, Atalanta and the Rome derby.

“There are times in which a player has to put the club first,” continued Conti. “These incidents have to be eliminated from his game and everyone saw what happened so I am not here to defend him. Francesco also knows what he did and will have the opportunity to reflect on his behaviour.”

It is curious timing, as this afternoon Totti was also was fined £10,250 for statements made after their Week 27 2-1 defeat to Juventus, in which he accused the referee of rigging the match in favour of the Bianconeri

Absolutely ****ing outrageous. :yuck: I saw the Juve game, Zlatan not only headbutted mihajlovic, but also punched Cordoba and gets three games, sickening. Totti will basically miss the rest of our season.

·
Professional Pirate
7,107 Posts
seriously! why should zlatan get 3 games while totti gets five for doin the same thing....but then again totti should not lash out on others even if he is provoked...conti is rite about totti putting the team first and not act out on rage alone. still kinda depressing. this just means that cassano and montella have to be working well together for the 5 games that he is out. and also the team must play well together in order to stay in serie A. lets pull off a huge run and go on a 5 game winning streak while totti is gone!!

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
Are you disputing the punishments between the two?

I don't know what Zlatan's discipline record is but Totti's speaks for itself which is probably why his was worse. Not sure though.

·
Professional Pirate
7,107 Posts
are you sayin that totti plays more dirty then ibra?? yes ibra is a monster when it comes to playing with the ball and off the ball...but im sayin keep things fair...maybe he got the extra two for sayin that serie a is rigged LOL making his point true!! i dont know how much he deserved since i didnt see the juve match so i cant really comment on how much he should get so now ill shut up and get back to studying

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Flo said:
Are you disputing the punishments between the two?

I don't know what Zlatan's discipline record is but Totti's speaks for itself which is probably why his was worse. Not sure though.
What on earth? Zlatan's record is dire, but that has nothing to do with anything, each case is judged individually.

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
romafan53 said:
What on earth? Zlatan's record is dire, but that has nothing to do with anything, each case is judged individually.
Easy, I'm just asking a question. That's all. I don't know the Serie A runs things which is why I asked.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Totti will never learn will he? He is the symbol and captain of Roma and the leader of Italy on the pitch. I don't know why he continues to act like this. :eek: I'm really glad for the first time that he got the ban because he had it coming.

A

·
0 Posts
hey ALL i am a big juv and roma fan so i am not takin sides between them.. and totti being my favority player ever, i will admit that he has to take some anger managment classes... EURO 2004 we lost because of his anger and now this come on man u are the symbole of ITALIAN soccer grow up

·
Professional Pirate
7,107 Posts
and you think the ones who provoked him should get notin as well?? didnt tudor slap him in the face...the smart thing to do would have been to just walk away and let tudor get the yellow...but a man has to have some pride...i guess he has a little too much.but tell me..if a man slapped you would you slap back?? im not tryin to condone what he did its just a simple question. can you control yourself in front of tens and thousands of people who just slapped the icon of rome?? obviously the correct answer is let the refs handle it and you walk away...

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Gosh. The Ibrahimovic-incidentS were just as bad as Totti's, if not worse. Why do I even care. Ilary, pick up the shattered Totti and give us back the strong and great player he was. Maybe the baby can give him a new perspective.

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Zangari_Italia said:
Let's see if Cassano can step up.
I think he just might. The big difference between Totti and Cassano is that Totti can't handle pressure and Cassano seems to be able to. We'll see in the next few games whether that's true.

All I can say is that it's ridiculous for a team like Roma, loaded with talent, to even have to worry about relegation. And while I'm not defending Totti's petulance and idiotic actions, five matches seems a like a lot.

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
We must really start worrying,ROMA fans.We are in dire need of a result and nobody seems to give us the direction we are looking for.This rukles Totti out of the derby,and I am sure Pannucci or Montella will be made Captain,not the man who was born to lead a team,Chivu.That is the problem with ROMA,nobody wants to upset anybody else so they just go on making the wrong decisions.These guys better wake up and fast,otherwise,we really are heading for Serie B.Our saving grace so far is that those below us are drawing most games,otherwise we would already be there. :mad: :mad: :mad:
P.S.If you want to see Totti lashing out at Colonese as he leaves the field,you can view it foto by foto here,Totti OFF Just click on 'immagini la seguenza'.

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
He'll be able to play the last game (vs Chievo I thnk?). Can the last game possibly be his last for Roma?

I hope not, he is a fantastic player when he focuses on his game.

1 - 20 of 149 Posts