Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Totti attacks Roma fans, Capello
tribalfootball.com - December 20, 2004

AS Roma captain Francesco Totti has blasted former coach Fabio Capello and his supporters in an amazing tirade.

Totti warned he may quit the club if circumstances do not improve, blasting: "Wages aren't the important thing when it comes to my contract renewal. There have to be plans in place, as we cannot return to the days of a Roma side aiming for third or fourth position."

He also told Il Messaggero: "The fans want me at Roma forever, but then they're the ones who repeatedly insult me in the street.

"I am only the captain when things are going well, otherwise I'm the 'mercenary' and 'playboy millionaire'."

He rapped: "I have received offers from Italy and overseas. I would never join Juventus or Lazio, but in any case my preference would be for somewhere outside Serie A. If I ever did leave, it would not be a sudden transfer in the middle of the night.

"I would explain everything to the fans and leave Roma with my head held high."

Totti slammed Capello's departure: "It was a crazy decision, especially with so many of our players already caught up in the Olympics. I think Capello might have planned it on purpose to ruin our season.

"Capello even had the gall to take Philippe Mexes for a ride. The day before signing for Juve he assured the defender a project was in place for this team. He can't have reached an agreement in 24 hours. I think he already knew he was leaving Roma long before then, as first he was in talks with Inter before Juve came in. That's Fabio Capello for you."

===========

Totti tears into 'traitor' Capello Sunday 19 December, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Francesco Totti has launched a scathing attack on Fabio Capello and the Roma fans, warning he’ll leave the club unless they can challenge for the title.

“I am waiting for news from the club,” he told ‘Il Messaggero’ this morning. “Wages aren’t the important thing when it comes to my contract renewal. There have to be plans in place, as we cannot return to the days of a Roma side aiming for third or fourth position.”

Totti’s future has been the subject of controversy over the last couple of years, as Real Madrid, Inter and Milan are all willing to give him a real shot at trophies. The matter will come to a head over the summer, as his contract expires in 2006.

This week Coach Gigi Del Neri said Totti would remain in the Capital out of a lifestyle choice, but it seems he misjudged the mood of the city.

“The fans want me at Roma forever, but then they’re the ones who repeatedly insult me in the street,” said the Italian international. “I am only the captain when things are going well, otherwise I’m the ‘mercenary’ and ‘playboy millionaire’,”

Real Madrid seems to be the most likely destination should he choose to move on from his home town, but the door is open for another option.

“I have received offers from Italy and overseas. I would never join Juventus or Lazio, but in any case my preference would be for somewhere outside Serie A. If I ever did leave, it would not be a sudden transfer in the middle of the night,” he said with clear reference to Fabio Capello’s departure. “I would explain everything to the fans and leave Roma with my head held high.”

Capello’s decision to join rivals Juventus in a shock move this summer will probably never be forgiven by Totti, who launched another scathing attack on the Coach that took Roma to the Scudetto.

“Our summer tour around the world was Capello’s last gift before leaving,” he smirked. “It was a crazy decision, especially with so many of our players already caught up in the Olympics. I think Capello might have planned it on purpose to ruin our season.”

The two men have already engaged in a bitter public battle this season and Totti’s latest comments look set to stir up further controversy.

“Capello even had the gall to take Philippe Mexes for a ride. The day before signing for Juve he assured the defender a project was in place for this team. He can’t have reached an agreement in 24 hours. I think he already knew he was leaving Roma long before then, as first he was in talks with Inter before Juve came in. That’s Fabio Capello for you.”

channel4

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
heheheh

Totti will play in serie b if roma complete like this this season :finger:

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Roma has to be relegated through poor finances or corruption charges to go to serieB. Clearly- the talent is there. Still.

I think Totti's words were classless not to mention stupid. This part just sums up the boys intellect: “Our summer tour around the world was Capello’s last gift before leaving,” he smirked. “It was a crazy decision, especially with so many of our players already caught up in the Olympics. I think Capello might have planned it on purpose to ruin our season.”

Yeah.... as if that is Capello's decision. It's the management trying to bolster the image of the squad and break into the states. Just like Juve, Milan, Barcelona and United last season. We spoke about the wisdom of going there last season on this forum, because it disrupted the pre-season training, and Fergusson has been going on and on about how it was a bad idea to go, and how his hand was forced in terms of playing stars even if they were't in shape simply to honour the deals made with the American organizers. Going to the state was Capello's idea? SUUUUURRREE!

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
dont mind totti, its just the drugs Roma inject into him before and after each game to get him motivated.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Fondy said:
next year roma will be winner of the Serie B. :yuck:
Yeah right great comment. :rollani:

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
Glen said:
Roma has to be relegated through poor finances or corruption charges to go to serieB. Clearly- the talent is there. Still.

I think Totti's words were classless not to mention stupid. This part just sums up the boys intellect: “Our summer tour around the world was Capello’s last gift before leaving,” he smirked. “It was a crazy decision, especially with so many of our players already caught up in the Olympics. I think Capello might have planned it on purpose to ruin our season.”

Yeah.... as if that is Capello's decision. It's the management trying to bolster the image of the squad and break into the states. Just like Juve, Milan, Barcelona and United last season. We spoke about the wisdom of going there last season on this forum, because it disrupted the pre-season training, and Fergusson has been going on and on about how it was a bad idea to go, and how his hand was forced in terms of playing stars even if they were't in shape simply to honour the deals made with the American organizers. Going to the state was Capello's idea? SUUUUURRREE!

With all due respect, I think Totti knows more facts than any of us. And i will believe him, 'cause it makes sense to do so. And even if we can argue about this thing, he lied to Mexes' face. He's a great coach, but he did something disguisting, and should be ashamed of himself.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Lista said:
With all due respect, I think Totti knows more facts than any of us. And i will believe him, 'cause it makes sense to do so. And even if we can argue about this thing, he lied to Mexes' face. He's a great coach, but he did something disguisting, and should be ashamed of himself.

I believe Totti as i believe Moggi :D

He wants to be in the first page of the papers all the weeks...now is talking about Capello, yesterday he blame Roman´s fans, then he said that will go to another team next season, after that he said that wants to stay in Roma, so what the hell???.....he only wants to be public, that´s all...

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
Glen said:
Going to the state was Capello's idea? SUUUUURRREE!
You know, reading interviews and such, most things seems to suggest it was Capello's idea. At least the original idea. Clearly not the planning. But what do I know?

And as far as the "classless" opinions he shared, you know what they say: what goes around comes around. It'll be a long long time before the right to publically ridicule Capello for what he did becomes void. At least you can tell yourself that Capello, if not Totti that stupid little twat, is a person just oozing with class :thmbup:.

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Cacìni said:
And as far as the "classless" opinions he shared, you know what they say: what goes around comes around. It'll be a long long time before the right to publically ridicule Capello for what he did becomes void. At least you can tell yourself that Capello, if not Totti that stupid little twat, is a person just oozing with class :thmbup:.
Well Cacini, Capello being an asshole (let's save ourselves the grief and agree a lot of things point in that direction) doesn't automatically make Totti one as well, that's a choice he makes on his own. I mean Roma is more than just Totti and yet you don't hear all the other players say stuff like that, do you? That's the point.

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
We all know Capello is damn traitor and pathetic human being, who don't know the meaning of the words "honesty", "integrity" and "decency" and has to look them up in the dictionary. Nice form Totti to remind that to everybody once again.:thmbup:

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
numerodix said:
yet you don't hear all the other players say stuff like that, do you? That's the point.
Ah. But you do, if you listen for it. He's hardly the only one to slam Capello since he ran away in the night. Delvecchio did it, Montella did it, Mexès did it just two weeks ago. Etcetera etcetera.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Nice to have great role-models such as Totti keeping it real for the kids and not getting them all screwed up by poeple like Capello then. Totti deserves respect for the great man that he is.

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
Hasuni said:
Nice to have great role-models such as Totti keeping it real for the kids and not getting them all screwed up by poeple like Capello then. Totti deserves respect for the great man that he is.
Keep telling yourself that, while reminding yourself why Capello is so great. Hard to get past that he's employed by Juventus, isn't it? Because frankly, that's the only reason you could possibly have for protecting him, correct?

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Cacìni said:
Ah. But you do, if you listen for it. He's hardly the only one to slam Capello since he ran away in the night. Delvecchio did it, Montella did it, Mexès did it just two weeks ago. Etcetera etcetera.
Well did they say it in those words? Were they a little more diplomatic about it?

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
numerodix said:
Well did they say it in those words? Were they a little more diplomatic about it?
Depends on how you look at it. Mexès exact words were >>He [Capello] is nothing more than a simple liar<<, while Delvecchio in August said >>with Capello gone and a real man as our new coach [Prandelli], players like myself, Tommasi and Montella will perhaps be able to do ourselves justice, something we could never hope for under Capello. Him leaving was great for the club.<<

Really all depends on how you call it. Me, I don't think what Totti said was out of line nor shocking. But I guess you would, fans work that way.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts