Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Karwan saga seems to get more and more complicated. According to the English paper the "Observer", Tottenham are interested in Bartek. He might be headed for England soon, as he is not joining the team in Cyprus for a tournament, along with Piekarski, who as Prewitt pointed out, is linked with a move to China.

Here is the article about Tottenham and Karwan:

http://legia.aspin.pl/news.asp?NewsID=3280

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Seems like every week he's linked to someone else. :rolleyes:

I'll just wait and show no excitement until something concrete happens.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
hes probably gonna end up at cottbus or some other bottoom level bundesliga team, it always happens like that with our players.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Tottenham seems to be serious. They supposedly want him now. Hertha (also supposedly) want Karwan to join them after the end of the season.
Anyway, I won't believe it until he signs a real contract.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Marcin might be joining him there...

They both could be playing at Tottenham...

SPURS TRACKING POLISH STAR

TOTTENHAM are looking into the possibility of buying Polish international midfielder Bartosz Karwan from Legia Warsaw, although their target is currently injured.

Spurs are believed to be ready to send scouts to Cyprus to watch Karwan play in games against the Faroe Islands and Northern Ireland, although the player himself is yet to decide whether or not to travel to play in these games.

Speaking to Super Express, Karwan said: "I can't risk it. I still feel pain in my leg. I'm getting treatment and am trying to make it stronger.

"I and my doctor think that it would be better for me to stay in Warsaw.

"I do my best to be well prepared for the next national team game."

When asked about a possible transfer, Karwan said: "I have answered this question several times already. Now I'm interested in league matches and the World Cup final as well. Anything else is only by the by."

Zbigniew Boniek, the vice president of the Polish Football Association (PZPN) added: "We don't need to worry about Bartek. He is a smart boy. He knows what he's doing. I'm sure, that looking for a foreign club won't disturb him in his preparation for playing."

Tottenham face competition for Karwan from Hertha Berlin and Schalke 04 who have his Polish international team-mate Tomasz Waldoch on their books and invited him for a trial during the German winter break.

Karwan is out of contract in the summer and the 26-year-old looks certain to move to a more high profile side. Southampton declined to follow up their interest in Karwan after having him on trial in December, whilst Derby County are also believed to have taken a look at the player.

-I hope he does go there too and i do believe he's gonna go there in the summer. He's a great mid and he'll get even better in the EPL.

POLE HAPPY WITH BRITISH INTEREST

EXCLUSIVE
POLISH international striker Marcin Zewlakow has told planetfootball.com that he is happy to be linked with a move to England, but is concentrating on making his country's World Cup squad.
The 25-year-old Pole has, along with twin brother Michal, has been told by his club Mouscron that they can leave and now a host of clubs are being linked with the pair.

Blackburn, Tottenham, Southampton, Blackburn and Celtic have all been linked with Marcin and now in an exclusive interview Zewlakow has confirmed his ambition is to play in a big league, like The Premiership.

"I have to say that one month ago the Mouscron president told me and Michal that we were made available for transfer," Zewlakow said.

"The possibility to sell is because we think they have some problems financially.

"I have heard of the interest and read it in the newspapers, for the moment it is nice to know.

"I like English football, I like the possibility and I would be glad to move there, but I have to say with the World Cup in mind I want to be playing first team football.

"It would be a step forward for me to move to England, and I could improve myself.

"I know my agent has had small contact with Southampton, Tottenham, Blackburn and Celtic, but it was only small information from my manager - I leave all that sort of thing or anything off the field things to my agent.

"At the moment I am concerned with playing and I am concentrating on my game.

"Mouscron are decent size club, but I am not concerned about the size of club I would go to.

"It would be a dream to play for one of the bigger clubs, but no matter where I go it is just the next step for me.

"I have to think of my career, and the most important thing is that I play in the first XI, and so I think now it would be better to join a smaller club."

The Pole stated that despite being very interested in The Premiership, he would move to Scotland.

"I have heard about Celtic and last year Rangers showed an interest, so I would not have any problems in moving to Scotland, as I know they are the two big clubs.

"I am just looking to keep up my performances on the pitch."

The Zewlakow twins have risen to prominence in recent years as they have always moved together - Polonia Warsaw, to Beveren and finally to Mouscron.

But now Marcin has confirmed that neither twin would have any qualms about leaving the other.

"I would have to say that it helps sometimes, but I know in football things can happen and I would not block his path, and if was to move some where different then it would not be a problem," he continued.

"We get a lot of attention and you can only see it as an advantage, we are always aware of what we are doing, I cannot describe the feeling, but if I make a run then he can almost sometimes see where I am going before it has happened."

-this will also be a very good move for him as well, or should i say them?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Tottenham close in on Karwan signing

Sunday 27th January 2002

Poland international Bartosz Karwan is expected to undergo a medical with Tottenham Hotspur in February with a view to making a permanent transfer from Legia Warsaw.

"It is nice to hear that such big club like Tottenham is interested in me," Karwan said. "But I can't talk about any of the details for the moment."

The right-sided midfielder has been in talks with Southampton as well as Bundesliga sides Schalke 04 and Hertha Berlin, but Tottenham have taken a jump on their rivals.

The 26-year-old, who helped Poland qualify for the World Cup finals, had been expected to travel to London this month, but has been forced by injury to put off a medical with Spurs until February.

"It is true that we are working on the deal," Karwan's agent Jerzy Kopa said. "Tottenham are interested in the player and we sent them some video cassettes of Bartosz playing.

"Unfortunately, Karwan will not be able to travel to England for talks and medical tests in the next few days because he is still recovering from an Achilles injury.

"It is likely that Tottenham officials will fly to Cyprus in February during Poland's training camp.

"Poland will play two friendly matches then: 10 February against the Faroe Islands and 13 February against Northern Ireland.

"Tottenham officials want to see Karwan playing in those matches and if everything goes well, he should be invited to undergo medical tests in England later in February."

Karwan has remained in Warsaw to recover from the injury while Legia begin pre-season training in Cyprus.

The Polish club is willing to sell Karwan as his contract expires in the summer and if they do not sell now they will miss out on the chance of a transfer fee.

Karwan is reported to have a clause in his contract allowing him to leave if a club offers £700,000.

-it seems i could be wrong about his summer transfer. If he does go there soon, i hope he gets a lot of playing time, (being a starter, of course) because he's such an asset to our Polish NT, and if he doesn't, it could mess up his game a bit.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
IMO, he should go to Liverpool, maybe he'll give them some tips on how to play in the midfield :D!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts