Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone dare venture a guess as to when they will have more points than a triangle? Will they have patience with Ramos and sort out this whole Director of Football nonsense?

Watched the game against Stoke the other day. Dawson went in high and then went crazy at the deserved Red card, Bale got sent of for an apparent foul on the last man, a coin was thrown at the linesman, so probably a few fines heading their way to boot.

Nailed to the bottom of the table. 4th place still on.....right?

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Arsenal can help them get 3 points.

They are too good to be that low.

·
Registered
59,106 Posts
We'll win tomorrow before losing 3 games straight in the league

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Before the season, there were a few people asking questions like "have Tottenham overtaken Arsenal in squad quality?" It wasn't too bad of a bet, but it is clear that their squad isn't as good as people made it out to be.

Modric is one of the most overrated transfers this summer and it exemplifies the flawed view that if you can play well in one big game, then you can play well in most games. Just because he eliminated a poorly organized England doesn't mean that he's a world beater.

Pavlyuchenko is somewhat of the same thing. Russia beat England and Holland, and that brought much hype but he's largely unproven outside of Russia which explains why he isn't settling.

·
Registered
59,106 Posts
Modric could be a sucess if he had a pair of holding midfielders behind. We have Zokora who can be handy, but then Jenas who well doesn't attack well nor go forward well (at least consistantly). But what about the **** up Comolli made with the strikers too..

As for Pavlychenko, never was sold on him. Same with Bentley.

The biggest mistake however as I've said all along was sacking Jol. I might sound like a broken tape recorder but look at what he's doing with Hamburg. Losing vd Vaart yet on top of the league!!! I mean you don't hear him crying like we are since we lost Berbatov and let us not forget, Wolfsburg, Werder, Bayern and Schalke all have stronger squads than HSV too! the man is a legend. Levy :thmbdown:

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
i haven't watched them play.
but i can't believe why a team with big names like modric, bentley, pavlu, dos santos are struggling so bad

·
Registered
66,830 Posts
Pavlyuchenko is an ok player, but he's injured isn't he ? Waaaaaay to early to criticize him.

·
Administrator
52,993 Posts
Apparently, finally Ramos is sacked, and the clownish football director Comolli something is a goner too. They are apparently going after Harry Redknapp.

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Serves Ramos right for leaving Sevilla in the manner he did, thats karma biting him straight in the ass right there.

·
Registered
69,378 Posts
Pavlychenko isn't any good, Gomes looks clueless in goal, Modric isn't really built for the EPL way too physical of a league for him, Hutton is a hack, Bent isn't a good finisher.

They actually played well against Stoke but typical Spurs they find ways to lose, go down to 9 men, injure their own players and even better have two former Derby County players score against them :howler:

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
What a dumb club, sacking him just before a game. :wallbang: He will be a very rich man now, bet he get's a compensation package to match Mourinho.

Harry Redknapp is a good manager though.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
I have no idea what's wrong with Spurs; they are obviously not as bad as the table suggest. But then again Dawson has pretty much been first choice center back this season which should raise a few eyebrows since he is completly useless.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Read that Spurs fans are not so keen on Redknapp.....

Why so, Redknapp had been doing well., and he cannot do worse.

·
Premium Member
11,822 Posts
He was a manager in his comfort zone at Porstmouth, much like Oneday at Sevilla. However 'Arry has experience at saving a team from relegation, and also at guiding a shit team into Europe. Two things the Tottenham board will appreciate.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Does anyone know about the compensation package on Ramos and company.

Also ... what about signing Redknapp... how much to Pompey.

btw, just to add.. arry also won the FA cup.,

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
Onree seems to think it will be about 18m Euros.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts