Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The most desirable ( :D) Toto Cup is up for grabs tomorrow at Ramat Gan. For those who aren't from Israel let me just say that the Toto Cup is the Israeli equilavent of the Worthington Cup in England and nowhere as important as the State Cup. In another words, a totally pointless competition, yet, it keeps taking place every year... ;)

Hapoel Tel Aviv will try to fix the impression they created ever since returning from San Siro while Ashdod will try to put the final quality stamp on what is already their best season ever in a top flight.

Previous finals and winners:

2000/2001 Hapoel Haifa 1:0 Beitar Jerusalem
1999/2000: Maccabi Haifa 1:4 Maccabi Petah Tikva
1998/1999: Maccabi TA 2:1 Beitar Jerusalem AET
1997/1998: Beitar Jerusalem 3:1 Maccabi TA AET :proud:
1996/1997: Bney Yehuda 3:0 Hapoel Haifa
1995/1996: Hapoel Be'er Sheva 3:0 Hapoel Kfar Saba
1994/1995: Maccabi Petah Tikva 2:1 Maccabi TA
1993:1994: Maccabi Haifa 2:0 Beitar Jerusalem
1992/1993: Maccabi TA 4:0 Hapoel Petah Tikva

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
It is a pointless competition, however the more you succeed the more money you get. Money is the purpose of this cup.

·
Registered
249 Posts
My bet is on 3:2 to Tel Aviv but I will be cheering for the underdog, nontheless. The game will start at 1800 and will have no live coverage that I know of...

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No actually, no channel will air the game. How silly is that? As far as I remember they were showing the quarters and the semis but not the final! :rolleyes:

Game to start in 5 minutes, Radio says there are about 3,000 fans at Ramat Gan....

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
WE have 2 more goals, score is now 3:1.

Salim Tuama moved Hapoel to a 3 goal leads in the 61st minute, but 3 minutes later Asi Tubi cut it down to 2.

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
GOOOOOOOOOALLLLLLLLLLLLL!

Ben Luz with his 2nd goal in the 86th minute brings Hapoel back up to 2 goals lead!

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Final result:

Hapoel Tel Aviv 4 (Ben Luz 39, 86, Kfir Udi 45, Salim Tuama 61) - M.S. Ashdod 2 (Asi Tubi 64, David Revivo 83)

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
whats the tot cup in israel???
and how could Ashdod get into there??

in spite of this: EL EL HAPOEL. YAFE MEOD......

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
The Toto Cup is the 3rd title in Israel. It is the same as the Worthington Cup in England.

However, winning the Toto Cup doesn't give you anything but money (which is also important).

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Congrats Hapoel for winning the 3rd most important cup, I guess that's something nice to win as well.

And now onto the next final, and the most important one as well....

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Who said that the TOTO Cup is pointless?!?!?!?!

Sure!!! Its not anything like the State cup, but theres 2 major points to it:

Firstly, You get paid money if you win. Teams do need money. They need it for transportation, jerseys, staff and the basic A/R, A/P assets and accounting Needs!

secondly, the team who wins will automaticly go into the UEFA Cup Next season, which is also good....because that is more money if you succeed (like Hapoel did) and you participate in something that luxurious?

Anyways,

Congrats to Hapoel! :)

·
Registered
11,364 Posts
Kappa, stop talking nonsense. The winner of the Toto Cup do NOT get into the UEFA Cup, they don't even get into the Intertoto.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
ooooppppps!

i thought Toto was state cup?!?!? Soowie!

but how do you get into the Inter toto??? Cause i remember Hapoel Haifa played some Croatian or Ukrainian of even it was some sort of Russia/Eastern Balkan Club that it was called inter toto? is this in all the leauges?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts