Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
man i saw this new manager game named total club manager 2004 its way better than championshiip managers.its reallistic things outclassed cm managers.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Yes:rollani:

A came by EA is NEVER realistic. More fun than the newest CM03/04 I could believe, but no management game is more realistic. Plus the original TCM only had EPL, didn't it, or was that just the demo? I'll have to see if meej can do we an evalu of it...

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Don't know about this new total manager,but i have played many manager games in the past till i got stuck to CM.And obviously,the reason is that CM is the more realistic one.

But my question is:What more can a manager game have (total man. f.e.) in order to be more realistic than CM???:confused:

·
Fourth Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Conte
7,783 Posts
manager games i recall playing:
premier manager 97 - quite reealistic, but quite easy
Ultaimate soccer manager 98 - unrealistic but very fun
cm 93/4
cm 00-01
cm01-02
cm4
cm 03/4

must say CM is realistic...

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
It's got fancier graphics and a 3D pitch, but how is it better than CM besides the eye candy?

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Kostas said:
Don't know about this new total manager,but i have played many manager games in the past till i got stuck to CM.And obviously,the reason is that CM is the more realistic one.

But my question is:What more can a manager game have (total man. f.e.) in order to be more realistic than CM???:confused:
I have TCM 2003 and it has some decent features which could be added into CM.

-Half time team talk
-Player talks (during training)
-Pre and post match interviews and press conferances
-The scorer chart shows Cup goals aswell as league goals in that league to compare overall top scorers
-Much easier selection screen. A bit like the substitute screen during a match on CM.
-Much easier training selection. Instead of training "Pig in the middle" or "Overloading" like CM, you train basic, direct aspects. Passing, dribbling etc. which isn't in CM.
-Officiality. Most clubs have their own badges but the generic badges look weird with the clubs that don't.
-Better editor. You can edit everything about the game. How the leagues work, what they are called etc.
-Its FASTER!

Maybe a few others but they are the most important. This is some TCM weirdness which isn't in CM.

-loads of bugs all over the place (an EA trait)
-You can change squad numbering whenever you like
-You are basically the chairman aswell as the manager. You build the facilities (HQ, training, youth, medical etc.) and stadium and control how much money goes where which is unrealistic.
-There is no job selection screen and people NEVER offer you jobs (they are supposed to though). :rolleyes:
-Very repetitive and you get bored quickly in one play. The most I have done is about 4 seasons but in CM you just want to keep going and going and going and goi...

What is good about CM? It is 100% realistic. What happens in managerial life happens on the game. No bugs and crashes (so far) and a huuuuuuuuuuuuuge database with loooooooooads of real players unlike TCM which are mostly generic in leagues other than about 20.

Whereas whats bad about CM is the speed and thats pretty much it. EA spend their time on adding flashing buttons and manager picture options rather than the game depth, which is what people like. I give CM 03-04 about 90% (for the weird selection and training plus a couple of other small things) and TCM 2003 about 75% because of the lack in realism (like having chairman options) but people sometimes like that...

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
I never played this TCM but I heard about it.
I am sticking with CM, however CM 01/02. CM4 just plain sucks. It is slow and the gameplay is hard and again SLOW!
Is Cm 03/04 any better? no changes? speed?

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Now that I've played TCM all I can say is WHAT UTTER SHÍT!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts