Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here you can find an article from Sport where they notice that Laporta dream for 2006 is Fernando Torres. It should be the priority signing so here we can talk about him and if his signing should be good for Barça team.

Fernando Towers, objective of the Barça 2006

Joan Laporta, never has hidden it, always has dreamed about seeing of blaugrana Fernando Towers. Now, the dream can become reality... The player of Athletic of Madrid the Fernando Towers is the high-priority objective of the FC Barcelona for the next season.

Now approximately a year ago, SPORT or he advanced that ' the Niñó was the great dream of Joan Laporta and now the blaugrana director has reactivated the operation and or has begun to work to make it reality. The delicate economic situation that crosses the Athletic one has reactivated the interest and, in this occasion, the Madrilenian club would be arranged to seat to negotiate.

A year ago, when public was made the interest of the Barça take control of the services of ' perlá rojiblanca, the Barcelonist club already was arranged to offer to the Athletic one between 30 and 35 million euros. Now, the price of its draftee could go up to around 40 million, number that could stoop including in the operation the cession of some player. The Argentineans Juan Roman Riquelme and Javier Saviola, at the moment in the Villlarreal and the Monaco, and that the Barça does not have thought to repescar, could be two of the names that could be used to negotiate with the club rojiblanco.

The draftee of Fernando Torres would be blessed by all the estates of the club, from the trainer Frank Rijkaard, happening through technical secretary Txiki Begiristain and also, like no, the director.

The international forward of the Athletic one of Madrid fits perfectly in the philosophy of Laporta: he is a young player - next the 20 of March he will turn 21 years and he is mediatic. In addition, at sport level it would be the ideal complement for Ronaldinho.

Also, the good relations of sport vice-president azulgrana Sandro Rosell with the chief of a main directorate of Athletic of Madrid Miguel Angel Gil Marín could facilitate the negotiations, that, without a doubt, would count on desire, public fact in numerous occasions, of the own player to saturate in the Barça.

Saviola and Riquelme could lower the price of it the Barça has two I roast in the sleeve to lower the price of the forty million departure euros of the operation. One is Saviola and Riquelme, two soccer players of prestige who enter the plans of the Athletic one perfectly. With the "Conejo", the equipment rojiblanco could resolve the own loss of Fernando Torres and with Roman, a great one would score as much when taking control of the services of the fashionable player of the actutal Liga. To the two parts it interests the operation to them. The Barça would give exit to two players with the highest card - one of the reasons of its present cessions - and the Athletic one could restrain before its liking the moral blow of the crossing of his ídole. The quotation of Riquelme and Saviola is, at the moment, discharge and would allow the Barça to lower the price between fifteen and eighteen million the cost of Towers, so that the price in cash of the "Niño" was located to a level similar to the draftee of Etóo

Fernando Torres has gotten to declare that "he would never close the doors to him to a great one, and the Barça is a great one", besides to affirm of sharp form that "in the case of having to leave the Athletic one someday, Madrid I do not like, would prefer to the Barça". REDUCTION of the clause of freedom of Fernando Torres is at the moment of 90 million euros, although the club rojiblanco, given its economic necessities and fitting its price to the reality of the market, could let march to its star by a number that would go up to around 40 million.

' the Niñó still has contract with the club that presides over Enrique Cerezo until end of June of 2008 and its card is of 3.5 net million by season.

Hardly days ago, Jose Antonio Martín, representative of the player rojiblanco, entered the arena to insinuate that if the Athletic one did not recover its histótico level that corresponds to him like third club of Spain, Torres could leave the discipline of the equipment. "We are going to give a time him, but if the Athletic one is not able to look for its own history, Fernando must look for his own history", sentenced Martín.

All because it seems to put itself facing Barcelona to obtain the draftee of one of the wished players more of Spanish and world-wide soccer. The club rojiblanco seems now, if ', arranged to negotiate its exit, the player would come enchanted to the Barça and Rijkaard would celebrate the arrival of a forward, young person, who still can grow much more like soccer player, and who always is outstanding by his scoring capacity. To form an attacking trio with Ronaldinho-Torres-Eto'o would be, without doubt, a soccer spectacle. The dream of Laporta can be reality...

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
I don't give any importance to these news. Recall that we face Atlético next weekend, so the newspapers are only trying to destablize them.

And even if it were true, I don't want Torres, too overrated by the Madrid media. Eto'o was already scary before signing for Barça, Torres is not. A good player, but there are more than 10 strikers better than him.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
1,944 Posts
If Maxi Lopez turns out to be as good as the media says he is, then we have no need for Torres. Etoo up front and Maxi for back up is good enough. Also, if we do indeed sell Riquelme and Saviola, we should use the money on other positions, like CB or DM!

·
Registered
70,041 Posts
I don´t want a player who says that he wants to win Barça (of course, that´s normal) and R.Madrid takes profit of it (incredible!!)

He´s a piece of shit for me right now :)

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
It's weird that El Nino said that because he has cut up Real Madrid in the past.

I am glad that not many Barca fans want to sign him... Nino in the Camp Nou would make me puke. He's too class.

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
GICA said:
I don´t want a player who says that he wants to win Barça (of course, that´s normal) and R.Madrid takes profit of it (incredible!!)

He´s a piece of shit for me right now :)
Lousy reason, but you're right. Don't buy him! :pp

·
40,147 Posts
FigoIsGod said:
It's weird that El Nino said that because he has cut up Real Madrid in the past.

I am glad that not many Barca fans want to sign him... Nino in the Camp Nou would make me puke. He's too class.
All for you...

90 millions? Saviola+Riquelme+money? Who does believe it? :howler:

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have to agree with Koeman...
Torres is too overated......He's a good player but nothing more...

·
Registered
70,041 Posts
FigoIsGod said:
Yeah, too class missing chances vs R.Madrid... :yuck:

·
40,147 Posts
I would consider Torres whenever I see him doing what Eto'o did in Mallorca. Eto'o carried them to their first title, Eto'o has always been great in the big matches, Eto'o was always more versatile and Eto'o has charater.

Torres is "the kid" and we need "men". He has potential, but he doesn't have a place in this Barça nowadays and we don't have to pay stupid amounts for an overrated player who always sucked against Madrid (the big rival) and the NT.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
And Torres in exchange for Saviola and Riquelme would definitely strengthen Athletico a lot, I feel.
Athletico would be the team to benefit from this deal :nono:

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
Did Torres really make that comment? Not that I expect any favours from any of the players/teams in the league, but I cannot believe that Atletico fans would rather Madrid won the league than us. Thus, I cannot believe that Torres, a fan with AND hero to those Atletico fans, would actually think in such a fashion. :confused:

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
i don't want him and he's over-rated :stuckup:
we have Eto'o-Maxi-Larsson-Saviola so we really don't need another striker,a CD would be a more appropriate choice! :eek:

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Yeah so much money for a position where we have options is not worth. We should reinforce our defense if we are redy to spend so much. Anyways even if Torres comes, we can play only one striker in the curretn system. So much money for a substitute(obviously Etoo will start :) ) is not done.

·
In Pep, We Trust!
6,149 Posts
fc barcelona said:
we have Eto'o-Maxi-Larsson-Saviola so we really don't need another striker,a CD would be a more appropriate choice! :eek:
we also need some backup for Xavi and Deco

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
fc barcelona said:
:wth: Torres = Maxi + Larsson + Saviola
the guy is pure class, and most people around the world agree to that
he is mature beyond his age, and is as complete as a forward can be at the tender age of 21

we must remember that although he missed many chances against real, he gave 200% during the game, and was all over the place
other european clubs are simply drooling over the chance of getting him, pure class, hopefully he doesnt show any against Barca :nervous:

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Koeman4 said:
I don't give any importance to these news. Recall that we face Atlético next weekend, so the newspapers are only trying to destablize them.

And even if it were true, I don't want Torres, too overrated by the Madrid media. Eto'o was already scary before signing for Barça, Torres is not. A good player, but there are more than 10 strikers better than him.
:eek:

Torres is awesome. I don't agree that he is overrated. I would want him in Madrid and I am sure any other European club would love to see him line up for them. He isn't overrated. Any time a 19 year old is mature enough to captain a side and carry pretty much all of their offense on his back (when he doesn't play well, Atletico don't play well) he deserves all the credit that he gets.

Anyways, he will not be signing for Barcelona as far as I am concerned.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
GICA said:
Are you drunk, kurdi? ;)
well maybe I went a bit too far :shades:
so my revised formula:
torres = Maxi + Larsson + 0.5 Saviola
but he is class,
and El fenomeno, he will be our next carck and you can already have nightmares about him lining up with Etoo against Real :D

·
40,147 Posts
Fernando Torres: "Barcelona will be the champion. It's impossible that anyone catch them, if they play this way. Some people wanted to destabilize them before playing in Sevilla and they closed lots of mouths winning 0-4".

About the polemic between Roberto Carlos and Eto'o: "What Eto'o said last week was good. He's a great player and he demonstrated it in the Barça-Madrid. Ronaldinho? He's the best of the world, besides Xavi and Puyol are also great players".

"If I ever leave Atlético, I would only play in Barcelona or in a foreign club, in Spain I could not play in any other club. Everyone like Barcelona, it's a great club and a great city. Besides, now they are as great as they used to be and I also have lots of friends there".

"In any case, for now, I only think in Atlético and the match of the next weekend".

http://www.marca.com/edicion/noticia/0,2458,590254,00.html

1 - 20 of 36 Posts