Xtratime Community banner

Torres or Villa?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the abundance of talented midfielders at our disposal, it seems destined that Aragones will only field one forward at the Euros and so far it seems to be working very well. We have two very good strikers in Villa and Torres and there's no room for both of them so if it came down to it, who would you rather play the striker role?

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
Villa. At first I wanted to write a long post of reasons why, but then decided I actually I don't care enough ...

If they are going to field only one forward, Villa is the best Spanish striker... Torres should play every game, but as a super-sub...

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
Torres gives Spain something they lack
Height

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Oh please :pp, you're not going to bench the guy who has set the Premiership on fire in his first season. Villa has been injured, granted, but you go with the man who has been doing the goods this season and has been more consistent.

Simply put, Torres has more in his locker than Villa does.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Oh please :pp, you're not going to bench the guy who has set the Premiership on fire in his first season. Villa has been injured, granted, but you go with the man who has been doing the goods this season and has been more consistent.

Simply put, Torres has more in his locker than Villa does.
Anybody with a bit of technical skills and pace could set the Premiership on fire.

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
You could play with both of them and drop somebody from the midfield. Cesc would be a good choice, he's useless in the NT so far.
i disagree about them playing them together as spain has no quality defensive midfielders and with only two CM it would be sucidal against quality teams.

Villa should play as he suits spain's game more and the height factor is not that significant since aragones does not pure winger whipping in cross after cross.

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Villa can hold the ball, Villa can assist, Villa can shoot freekicks, Villa can shoot penalties, Villa opens alot of space to other players, Villa isn't the static direct striker, Villa can kill time like no other!
[tub]pqOIKU11l9Q[/tub]

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
Aragones should choose the player who benefits the National team the most, and fits the system and strategy better. It'd be stupid to do otherwise.

The Euros isn't a place to be taking risks and expiramenting if you want to stay in the tournament. You play the most proven and best players you have for your system. And for the NT striker role, that's David Villa.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
David Villa

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Fernando Torres has been probably the best striker in Europe this season, he simply cannot be dropped, Villa although a great player has had a stop start season really.
I would find a way to accomadate them both, because if you can boy will they tear teams apart.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Right away, Torres is the wise choice. He's been great the whole season and his goals speak for himself.

I've watched Villa since he would play at Zaragoza and I was aware since his first season he was a special kind of player, but this season Torres has simply been the best striker.

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
both are ****ing great, i dont know who to chose for this....is like to pick between jagermeister and vodka is impossible!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts