Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Milan, Torres lancia messaggi: "Voglio giocare in Italia"

Fernando Torres chiama il Milan. Il ventenne talento dell'Atletico Madrid, sollecitato sulla possiiblita' di cambiare aria a fine stagione, lancia messaggi chiari e precisi: "So che in Inghilterra ci sono squadre importanti (Manchester United su tutte) che mi seguono. Se dipendesse da me preferirei venire a giocare in Italia, il campionato italiano mi regala molti piu' stimoli della Premier League". A questo punto il club rossonero potrebbe tornare alla carica per il baby fenomeno spagnolo e reimpostare una nuova trattativa con l'Atletico Madrid.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Alberto Gilardino al Milan è un affare che da molti viene dato per quasi concluso ma dalla Spagna arrivano notizie di una clamoroso ritorno di fiamma dei rossoneri per Fernando Torres.
Nei giorni scorsi si è parlato di un forte interessamento del Manchester United, disposto a sacrificare Van Nistelrooy, per fare spazio al 20enne attaccante spagnolo che però non ne vuole sapere di andare a giocare nella Premiership.

"Io amo l'Italia ed è quello il campionato dove vorrei giocare, molto più che nella Premier League" ha fatto capire quali sono le sue reali intenzioni ai microfoni della Tv castigliana.

El Nino, come viene soprannominato 'perchè come un tornado spazza via le difese', è un attaccante di grandissimo valore e il Milan potrebbe strapparlo ad un prezzo ben più basso dei 35 milioni di euro richiesti dal suo club che gli ha rinnovato la scorsa estate il contratto sino al 2008

L'Atletico gli ha promesso di non lasciarlo andare via ma è noto come i rossoneri vantino nei confronti dei 'colconeros' un debito di circa 20 milioni di euro che risale alle cessioni dei vari Josè Mari, Xavi Moreno, Coloccini e Albertini.

Sempre in tema di attaccanti in casa rossonera, il Milan deve impostare la trattativa con il Chelsea per il riscatto di Hernan Crespo. Ancelotti vuole avere l'argentino anche per le prossime stagioni ma prima c'è da trovare l'accordo economico con il Chelsea.

La cifra per l’acquisto del sudamericano da parte dei rossoneri potrebbe essere intorno ai 10-15 milioni di euro ma nell’affare potrebbe rientrare anche la cessione al Chelsea di Jon-Dahl Tomasson, giocatore molto gradito al tecnico Mourinho.

LONG STORY SHORT: After securing Gilardino, an interview from Spain says Torres could move at the end of the season, and in that case Italy would be his first choice over EPL.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
It would be a bad move for Torres and Milan, I'm totally sure that Torres would fail in AC Milan. Torres is a good player, but he can't make it in a club like Milan yet.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Koeman4 said:
It would be a bad move for Torres and Milan, I'm totally sure that Torres would fail in AC Milan. Torres is a good player, but he can't make it in a club like Milan yet.
Really? Why?

Do you reckon he's not mature enough to stand the pressures?
For what i've seen he's excellent but i don't know much of him

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Atletico owes us Torres after all the players we gave to them, but honestly I would prefer others infront of Torres. He's a great player for sure, but Spaniards never makes it here and I'm not sure he would stand the pressure here, he would also sit on the bench quite some time too and be forced to deliver when given the chance.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IMo the best strikers on the market are Torres, Gila and Bojinov

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
I feel we will not go for it. as we already said in several thread Gilardino seems sure and Crespo being Ancelottis wish. IMO Torres should be a player to discuss in 2 years when Crespo and Inzaghi may leave. That is counting that JDT will leave and Inzaghi recover well from his injury.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
GioCurvaSud said:
Really? Why?

Do you reckon he's not mature enough to stand the pressures?
For what i've seen he's excellent but i don't know much of him
No, it's not a matter of pressure. He has grown with it, Atlético is the 3rd club of Spain after Barça and Madrid, their results in the last years are awful and the pressure of press and fans on them is really high. Besides, he's the captain of that team being 20 years old. Imagine that a 20 year old guy is the captain of Inter, for example. The pressure in Spain is as high as in Italy and he's supposed to carry Atlético on top, because the rest of their team just sucks.

The problem is his quality. He's a good player, with many good things. He's fast, really fast, he dribbles quite well, but he still has a problem finishing. Yes, if you see his stats, you can see that he has scored a lot of goals, but they're always the same: a penalty or a first kick shot. When he has time to think a little bit, everything is blurred for him. He wastes too many chances... many of them created by himself, BTW. I recommend you to see the last Atlético-Real Madrid to see what I'm talking about. It was not only that day, it happens in every match. It's like if his legs run faster than his brain.

IMO, he's a good player, really good. He's going to be one of the best players of Europe, but he has to improve a bit to be in a club like Milan. You might think that it's better to bring him now that later when he's more expensive. The problem is that he would be benched in Milan, because you have top strikers, and he would never improve in that way. It would happen the same of always, 2 years there playing few minutes and then going back to Spain.

I wonder, nowadays, would Torres replace Owen or Ronaldo in Madrid? Would Torres replace Eto'o in Barcelona? No. Why would he make it in Milan?

He's good, he's going to do great, but he's still too young and he has to grow yet. Milan would lose a lot of money, because Torres is not cheap, and Torres would stop his progression. So I'm not saying "don't every buy him", I'm saying "it's not the moment yet".

Having Shevchenko, Crespo, Inzaghi and Gilardino... Torres has no space there. He's not a 9, when he plays in a system with only one striker, he fails. He needs to play with another forward next to him to make the dirty job.

If I were you, I would wait a couple of years.

·
Registered
10,183 Posts
What Koeman says is true, I've seen Torres a few times this season and my impression is that he isn't cynical enough in front of goal to play for Milan. For now anyway.

Of Gila, Torres and Bojinov I'd take the Bulgarian without thinking twice.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
I have'nt seen enough of Torres to comment on him,At the moment there clearly is'nt enough room for him.If our management think he's a worthy investment,maybe we will sign him and keep him on loan for the future.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Honestly I'm not a big fan of Spanish strikers. And while he is considered as the next big thing...vanderVaart was too.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Could he be adapted for a different position perhaps, like a winger?

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
I also share the opinion of my other Milanisti brothers that despite Torres being a great talent, I dont see him making it in Italy and in Milan. Of the three strikers mentioned and knowing that Gila is already ours, I'd take Bojinov over Torres as Bojinov is already Serie A proven and younger than the spaniard. Speaking of strikers/forwards similar to Torres, I also wouldn't mind a certain Chevanton who IMHO, won't stay long in Monaco...;)

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Btw you can say you dislike spanish young strikers and all those things,but during Italy v Spain last year Torres was a threat for the Italian defence and scored an excellent goal

Secondly, the man who has brought Shevchenko the Golden Ball to milano, aka Mr. Ariedo Braida, is said to be literally enthusiastic of Torres. And he's an amazing football expert like few in the world of football..

The thing is that even Ibrahimovic was said to score few goals, but at 20 yo you have plenty of time to train, improve, change position or play in different ways that suit better your game (Ibra now scores cause Capello makes him play in a different way compared to Ajax times)

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
but where should he play? sheva will be our number one attacker for sure and if gila arrives he will be #2 with inzaghi and tomasson or crespo as reserve.

if torres arrives this means gila won't.

i personally would prefer to buy bojinov or chevanton and keep tomasson and inzaghi.

·
Registered
590 Posts
GioCurvaSud said:
IMo the best strikers on the market are Torres, Gila and Bojinov
Sorry Gio, but you are wrong, Torres is NOT a good player to play in Milan, Gila is better than him, Torres is overrated, and I hope he NEVER come to Italy, because he is useless in a big team.

I prefer an italian striker for Milan...

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
It is a bit eary to be thinking about Torres when all the signs point to Gilardino arriving. Although Tommo might be departing but Crespo could become permanent so the talk of Torres arriving isn't likely this season.

I think if Torres continues to improve and becomes the striker that his potential suggests he can be then he will become a Milan player in 3 seasons but not now. No chance of it. He is very young so he and Milan both have the time to continue their separate ways for now.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
GioCurvaSud said:
Btw you can say you dislike spanish young strikers and all those things,but during Italy v Spain last year Torres was a threat for the Italian defence and scored an excellent goal

Secondly, the man who has brought Shevchenko the Golden Ball to milano, aka Mr. Ariedo Braida, is said to be literally enthusiastic of Torres. And he's an amazing football expert like few in the world of football..

The thing is that even Ibrahimovic was said to score few goals, but at 20 yo you have plenty of time to train, improve, change position or play in different ways that suit better your game (Ibra now scores cause Capello makes him play in a different way compared to Ajax times)
1.) Torres played in front of a world class midfield. Give Gilardino or Montella a Spanish midfield backup and he'll score goals, goals and even more goals.
See what Vieri did at Atletico goals/games ratio = 1,0

2.)I'm not doubting Braida's knowledge, but who brought JM, XM here? Why didn't he say: These are not good enough for Milan!?

3.) I still don't rate Ibrahimovic that high. He plays too complicated too often and isn't deadly enough in front of goal + he'll forever stay a goalscorer vs. smaller teams. No big team/big game striker ala R9 or Sheva.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
San Siro said:
I also share the opinion of my other Milanisti brothers that despite Torres being a great talent, I dont see him making it in Italy and in Milan. Of the three strikers mentioned and knowing that Gila is already ours, I'd take Bojinov over Torres as Bojinov is already Serie A proven and younger than the spaniard. Speaking of strikers/forwards similar to Torres, I also wouldn't mind a certain Chevanton who IMHO, won't stay long in Monaco...;)

Cheers.;)
We should have got him last year. Chevanton next to Shevchenko would be :eekani: :star: :thmbup: :lick:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts