393 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
River scores!
Goal by Fonseca at the 90th minute.

The game will go to PK's

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
River win by 5-4 on PK's :( It was quite a good game though and both teams will meet in a rematch next week. The match will be played in Cordoba.

We saw two nice goals tonight and Riquelme was in fine form..

VAMOS BOCA!!

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
Im so pissed off:mad: I thought the game was over so I stopped taping after it ended 1-1 after 90mins. I stopped watching after that and later, read that it went to penalty shootouts!:mad:

I hate missing it! I wont make a mistake for the rematch!:(

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Feel for ya Triz. I'm sure u won't make the same mistake next week.

Hey BTW why did you change your name to Triz? What does it mean?

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
I felt I needed a change. Since its the year 2002, A year to remember, I wanted to change my nickname to something else.

So I decided on Triz because it's a pretty cool term used by a certain rapper that I like. If you know about rap, then you are pretty fimiliar with Terrorsquad, From the Bronx.;)

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Okay, but I'll still call u argentina (just kidding) No, I don't know anything about rap music or rappers. But although I live in Manhattan so I know where the Bronx is :) :eek:

·
Registered
113 Posts
I thought Burdisso's PK came off the top bar and went over the line. Can't believe that the referee's didn't catch it. It was also kind of funny seeing Riquelme and Ortega trade shirts after the game, not realizing the game was going to penalities. If only Cordoba was still in goal. Is Independiente vs. Racing on Friday?

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Burdisso took the last PK and he scored. The PK in question was taken by Perez but the replay showed that the ball definitely went in off the bar. Terrible call by the ref and linesman.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Riquelme was on fire :) He created some nice opportunites especially for Delgado, whose finishing was questionable yesterday.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yeah, Delgado had a great opportunity but ended up putting the ball wide (similar to the Bayern Munich game). Boca's new defender (played his first game yesterday, can't remember his name) impressed me as well. Shame Schelotto got sent off. He was playing well. Off the subject, did you hear anything about Marchant getting robbed in Mar del Plata?

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
No, I didn't hear about Marchant! Poor guy.. Boca's new defender is Crosa, he's on loan from Real Betis of Spain. He looked quite good yesterday.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Crosa, that's him. Looked quite good. Also, Burdisso has filled in for Samuel nicely. So what do you think about Forlan going to United?

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Forlan is a very good player. I think he'll do well in England. He's quick and is good with both feet. He also has very strong shot. I've been watchiing for a couple of seaons now and he certainly is a consistent player. He may need some time to settle in but once he adapts he should do well. He's a good purchase..

Burdissso has been looking good for a while now. I think along with Samuel, Coloccini, Milito and Mendez he could turn out to be an important defender for Argentina in the future.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I agree. Considering Forlan is only 22 yrs. old, I think he can make his mark in England once he settles in. The pace of the English game will suit him better. Argentina's future defense looks pretty impressive. Is Samuel the only player from that list that Bielsa will take to Japan? I was hoping that Coloccini will at least make the squad. He's done well on loan at Alaves.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
At the moment Samuel is the only one going to the WC though Coloccini and maybe Milito may have outside chances of being selected.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Yes, I think he should. Ortega may disappoint at times but because of his experience and familiarity with the other players on the NT along with his general tactical awareness, I think that he should be given his third opportunity to perform in a WC.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I agree that Ortega has the experience, but it would be a shame if Romi had to wait until he was 28 to play in the World Cup. I think Argentina has enough talent in the midfield to leave Ortega out. I would rather see a healthy Redondo or Gallardo with Romi as a backup AM. I know a lot of press in Argentina can't understand how Bielsa can keep Romi off the NT.

However, I know Oretga will go to the World Cup... :(

Bielsa likes him too much!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts