Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is the worst thing to come out of Norway since Stale Stensaas. And that is saying something. ;) :tongue:

Its a shame but hes rubbish for us. :mad:

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
No way, John Carew is even worse.

And Flo kicked Scottish butt untill Rangers got a new manager who didn't have any confidence in him. If he'd been shown trust, he'd be the best player in the scottish league.
Unfortunatly, Flo is rubbish without confidence.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To be fair Flo hasn't been a success at Rangers. I don't know what you mean that when we got a new manager he didn't play well anymore. Flo has NEVER done it for us in big games, under Advocaat or McLeish. He scored a goal on his debut v celtic but since then its been downhill. Shame really because he was undoubtedly fantastic at Chelsea. :confused:

I just think his style doesn't suit the scottish league - he is too much of a wimp. God knows how he was a success in the norwegian league.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Success in the Norwegian league? Where did you get that from? He wasn't even the best striker at Brann while he played for us. Was actually third choice the last season before he went to Chelsea. Ended up playing winger and such cause he wasn't tough enough to play up front for us.

Played very well when we whupped PSV out of the UEFA cup, and did okay against Liverpool.. but in the Norwegian league, we had a striker (Mjelde) who scored more goals in half a season, than Flo did in a whole season.

Flo has always scored like 0.72 goals per game or something like that. Did for Brann, and he did for Chelsea. Appart from a few great games, like Norway's games against Brazil, the Chelsea game where he scored a hat-trick against Barca, and such, he's a fairly ordinary striker. Doesn't score a lot of goals, but very good at drawing away defenders and holding onto the ball and such. He's not a top scorer, and everyone here at the Norwegian forum told the Scottish lads, who dropped by to ask about Flo when he joined Rangers, just that.

But I think he'd be a very valuable player if used correctly in Scotland, probably only Henke and Ferguson who's got the same amount of talent. But if he's the player expected to score all the goals, someone hasn't done their homework when scouting Flo.

And I agree, he should never have gone to the Scottish league. He's not a brawler, but an artist. His style suits Spain or Italy much better.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jinxter said:
But if he's the player expected to score all the goals, someone hasn't done their homework when scouting Flo.
It WAS Advocaat who decided to sign him. :rolleyes:

Shota will be our goalscorer next year though. Sorry I thought TAF was a success in your league, obviously I was wrong though. I just assumed since he moved to chelsea that he must've done something right.

No doubts he was a fantastic success in england though.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
If he'd been a huge success in England, Chelsea wouldn't have let him go to Rangers.

And Advocaat has always been a great fan of Flo. Wanted to buy him while he managed PSV as well.
And Flo can be a great player, but he has to play every game. Doesn't handle being benched too well. Needs to toughen up a bit. If teamed with a notorious goal-scorer, he'd do very well in Rangers I think.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Arveladze said:
is the worst thing to come out of Norway since Stale Stensaas. And that is saying something. ;) :tongue:
And now Ståle Stensaas is making me depressed. Luckily he's the 2nd choice on the left back, but in the last cup-game against Byåsen, he played 2nd half and nearly gave the Division 2-side two, three goals! Just luck and Rosenborg-keeper Espen Johnsen saved Stensaas! :fero: I can not understand why he still is in the squad!

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Yeah, Stensaas is really frightening. I still have nightmares about when Semb included him in the NT squad. That was like his worst mistake ever. And that's really saying something when we're talking about Semb :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts