Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Continuing from yesterday's CB thread, the top 5 wingers of the noughties have to be named.

I say,

1. Figo

2. Overmars

3. Pires

4. Giggs

5. C. Ronaldo

Joaquin/Vicente would also make the cut.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Nedved was brilliant for Lazio and Juventus and of course Pires as well.

·
Scudetto
23,994 Posts
I don't know if Nedved could be counted as a winger but damn he was a good player. So irritating if you were cheering for his opposition :D

Other than that, my picks would be Giggs, Pires, Figo, Overmars and probably Ljungberg :undecide:

Arsenal, pretty good with wingers, eh.

·
Registered
10,639 Posts
I'm confused, are we talking about the best winger over the course of the 2000s (so far)?
Because if not, then of course guys like Ronaldo and Messi have to be included.

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
Couple notes:

Cristiano Ronaldo is not better than Luis Figo. I doubt he will ever be, but thats a bit of a bold statement.

Robert Pires is not a winger, but agreed he was one of the best in the World in his day.

Figo is the best winger ever. And only Ryan Giggs can come close to him in his generation. If Vicente would have stayed healthy, he would be there too.

·
Premium Member
31,455 Posts
Ronaldo at the moment is better than Figo. Figo was always one of a bunch of players extremely close to being the best in the world, he never stood out to be the man like Ronaldo has in the last couple of seasons.

Recent Ronaldo is the best wide player I think I've seen since Cruyff.

·
Registered
10,011 Posts
Continuing from yesterday's CB thread, the top 5 wingers of the noughties have to be named.

I say,

1. Figo

2. Overmars

3. Pires

4. Giggs

5. C. Ronaldo

Joaquin/Vicente would also make the cut.
Figo,Giggs,Pires in no particular order.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.