Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
40,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To make it easier for everyone who doesn't specifically follow a league and still wants to see the top talents in action. Let's see people make top 10's of the young players to watch out for in their respective leagues, I'm not talking about the obvious names, but rather ones you expect to blow up or make a name for themselves. Don't know whether we should put an age limit on it, but I'll try to name U21 players.

I'll start with Holland myself:

10. Labyad
, 17, PSV, young Dutch Moroccan midfielder, following in Afellay's and Aissati's footsteps in Eindhoven. Made his debut last season, looks very tidy, even scored a cracker of a goal
9. Castaignos, 17, Feyenoord, with our lack of strikers, this guy is basically the only pure 9 we have, broke many records as a youngster, but now is the time to make it in the big leagues for Luc
8. Tadic, 21, Groningen, left winger signed from Vojvodina this season, great on the ball, packs a good cross. Big signing for Groningen and a lot is expected
7. De Vrij, 18, Feyenoord, injuries forced him into the line-up and he hasn't given up his spot since, even at 18 plays like a veteran most of the time, started for us as right back, but can also play as centre half who can build from the back
6. Wijnaldum, 19, Feyenoord, been around for a while, but still only 19. His dribbling skills are unmatched, but his vision can still improve, he's going to have to be a very important player for Feyenoord this season, so we'll see
5. L. de Jong, 19, Twente, brother of Siem, the Ajax player, very composed striker, tall and strong, yet agile, with Nkufo gone, his chances upfront for Twente are very good.
4. Djuricic, 18, Heerenveen, little Serbian playmaker, made his debut last season and already made an impression with his rapid movement and good vision
3. Eriksen, 18, Ajax, looks to be the real deal. Little playmaker, hasn't found his scoring touch yet, but otherwise has looked like a fish in the water in the Eredivisie
2. Fer, 20, Feyenoord, our midfield warrior, broke through with great efforts but stagnated a bit over the last year, this season has been made vice-captain, so hopefully he steps up.
1. S. De Jong, 21, Ajax, really made a mark in the second half of last season as a scoring #10 and is expected to further explode onto the scene during the next one, already been called up for the next Dutch squad

Other players to look out for: Fazli, young Macedonian Heerenveen striker, Matavz, Slovenian striker at Groningen. Mokotjo, a South African midfielder from Feyenoord. Also Van Wolfswinkel, young Dutch striker from Utrecht, Alderweireld, Belgian central defender at Ajax.

How about your league?

·
Registered
43,096 Posts
Not my league, but in Botswana, this kid called Jumanji...

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
A list in Italy (explanations to come later)

10. De Silvestri (Fiorentina)
9. D'Alessandro (Bari)
8. Koman (Sampdoria)
7. Llajic (Fiorentina)
6. Destro (Genoa)
5. Poli (Sampdoria)
4. Coutinho (Inter)
3. Andrea Ranocchia (Genoa)
2. Davide Santon (Inter)
1. Abel Hernandez (Palermo)

I may think of others and the list was in no particular order.

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
I'd add Okaka if he's loaned to a weaker side, he's a promising young guy..

And I didn't watch the guy play, but people talk big about Zucullini, and same goes to Alexander Merkel from Milan who was great in pre-season so far... he looks like a very intelligent and fast thinking player, liked what I saw from him.

·
Registered
44,343 Posts
A list in Italy (explanations to come later)

10. De Silvestri (Fiorentina)
9. D'Alessandro (Bari)
8. Koman (Sampdoria)
7. Llajic (Fiorentina)
6. Destro (Genoa)
5. Poli (Sampdoria)
4. Coutinho (Inter)
3. Andrea Ranocchia (Genoa)
2. Davide Santon (Inter)
1. Abel Hernandez (Palermo)

I may think of others and the list was in no particular order.
Ljajić, not Ljalic like most Italians seem to think.

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts
In League 1 there is a winger called Jamie Smith playing for Brighton. 20 years old but didn't feature much last season under Gus Poyet but played his first official match over the weekend and got an assist. Looks promising fast player technically good on both feet and not afraid to run at defenders and zoom past them. hopefully he will get more games this year

·
Registered
310 Posts
Walter, James Rodriguez and Maicon (CB) come to mind for FC Porto.
I'm looking forward to watching him play. I was impressed from what i saw of him with Banfield last season at least of the Primera highlights i saw. Also has to be maybe my favorite signing in FM:D

·
Banned
210 Posts
I'm looking forward to watching him play. I was impressed from what i saw of him with Banfield last season at least of the Primera highlights i saw. Also has to be maybe my favorite signing in FM:D
Best of all, the Porto faithful have affectionately nicknamed him James "Bond" Rodriguez. :D

Gotta root for this guy.

·
10'un Adi Lefter
8,620 Posts
In the Turkish league these are some important players...

Miroslav Stoch (Fenerbahce) - Young dynamic player who has been our best player in preseason. Did very well in the Eredivisie last year, and looks like he will own the Super Lig.

Ismail Koybasi (Besiktas) - The best young left back talent to come through Turkey in the last decade. Very good attacking, but looks seriously shaky on defense. However, he could be that missing link for the Turkish NT since the days of Ergun/Hakan/Abdullah. It will be interesting to see if he will get the nod over Ibrahim in the starting lineup (he hasn't in the friendlies and EL matches).

Necip Uysal (Besiktas) - Another great BJK prospect. Smart midfielder with loads of potential. Hopefully he will get a chance next to Ernst.

Pele (Eskisehirspor) - Former Inter prospect who found his way to Turkey this offseason. Still young (22) and looked very good in the opening league match against Genclerbirligi

1 - 16 of 16 Posts