Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have been unable to watch Serie A (not even Roma) much this season since moving in with my GF and getting really busy at work.

So just wanted your opinions on top performers this season in Serie A and if you like a teamof the season so far? What players have impressed the most from some of the smaller teams and who could go on to bigger things?

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Hi all, I have been unable to watch Serie A (not even Roma) much this season since moving in with my GF
This is not a valid reason Deano. ;)

In terms of Parma, Belfodil looks like a great prospect. 2.5m euro signing from Lyon and this kid has a great physique for his age. His ability on the ball is pretty good too. He is now our main striker and has scored 6 goals so far. He is very unpredictable. If he keeps his head down and makes progression he can be a big player in the future.

The other one is Nicola Sansone. I watched him pre-season 11/12 when he first signed for Parma and you could tell this kid had talent. He went out on loan last season to Crotone and he has broke into the first team as a starter for us this. Some of you might have seen his nice goal that won us the game against Inter.

Definitely two interesting forwards to keep an eye on. Hopefully we will have Saponara next season too, as we have already signed 50% of his contract. He is doing great things at Empoli this season.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
In terms of other teams, I have been highly impressed by Giuseppe Bellusci, the defender for Catania. This kid is solid.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What position in the midfield and kind of player is Sansone. I definitely like Saponara and he should be in A next season.

·
Registered
45,416 Posts
Hi all, I have been unable to watch Serie A (not even Roma) much this season since moving in with my GF and getting really busy at work.

So just wanted your opinions on top performers this season in Serie A and if you like a teamof the season so far? What players have impressed the most from some of the smaller teams and who could go on to bigger things?
A team of the season is hard to try, but I think obvious choices are Cavani, El Shaarawy, Klose and the evergreen Di Natale for the attack, Hernanes, Hamsik, Borja Valero and Pizarro for the midfield, Marchetti in the goal. No defender really impressed me.
And, to answer you last question, I don't know what players of Juventus could go on to Sampdoria.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
What position in the midfield and kind of player is Sansone. I definitely like Saponara and he should be in A next season.
Sansone is playing on the left side in our 4-3-3 with Belfodil central and Biabiany on the right.

I would assume he can play on the right too considering he is right footed but I haven't seen him used there.

He is Italian/German, brought up in Bayern Munich's youth team before signing for Parma.

He has good control and close dribbling skills and can finish too. Apparently he made a very good impression in Italy's U21 game recently against Spain.

We have bought 50% of Saponara already. :)

I am hoping for Sansone - Belfodil - Saponara next season. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Football-Italia's team of the season so far: http://www.football-italia.net/29288/team-season-so-far…

Apart from Ranocchia and De Sciglio who seem to get the benefit of being young Italians, it is not bad. I actually think it's fair there are no Lazio players, despite us having a great season, though Biava could have taken Ranocchia's place, IMO.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lazio deserve a player or too I agree.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Belfodil,Sansone,El Sha,De Sciglio,Giovinco,Osvaldo,Di Natale,Hernanes,Cavani just some who deserve a special mention for me.

Catania,Lazio,Parma,Fiorentina have all been mighty impressive as well I have to say and deserve a lot of credit.

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
Guys, there is a player who is grossly under appreciated this season: Giuseppe Biava.

The guy, despite being 35 has been rock solid. I watch all Lazio matches without exception and Biava did not have even an average match, let alone a bad one.

Even the goals we conceded were not his fault. Biava has been Lazio`s most consistent player this season and this is undisputed!

From defenders, only Juve`s Chiellini could have been better or more consistent then Biava.

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
According to WhoScored, Valero has almost as many assists (8) as those three Juventus mids combined (10). Not saying that Assists is the be all and end all of being a top midfielder or even that WhoScored's stats are right on but c'mon...
It's not only the assists, Valero has been very impressive overall...Pirlo, Vidal and Hamsik are just easy picks. All of them were great last season and very good this time around, as well. But in the games I've seen, Pirlo hasn't been on last year's level. I'd probably pick Valero over him. Hernanes over Hamsik wouldn't be a bad pick, either.

Biava is ignored because he's an old journeyman Italian who has been known as the sidekick for Dias the past seasons. A player like that will never get attention. But he has indeed been very good this season...against someone like Ranocchia (seriously?) there's no competition.

·
Registered
12,131 Posts
For top performers / best XI so far this season, Hamsik, Valero and Pirlo in midfield. That, by and large, is a given. In attack, Cavani, El Sharaawy and Lamela.

Handanovic, Consigli and Marchetti have been the best keepers. In that order IMO.

Ranocchia was great and was one of the best CB's in the league for the 1st 11 games this season. But since his return from injury he's been the error-prone version which is no surprise given that he's still a mental midget who was rushed back and whose team is now suffering. Gonzalo Rodriguez and Barzagli would be my picks for best XI. Chiellini was off-form in the very beginning of the season, but he and Roncaglia have also done well. Neto impressed the most from the smaller teams until his injury and Siena's poor run. Earlier, he was the most standout performer in their D when Siena earned an incredible 7/8 clean sheets. Roma's Marquinhos has been the biggest young talent in D.

Maggio/Cuadrado for RWB/RB and Asamoah for LWB/LB.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Good to see players such as Borriello,Gila,Pirlo,Toni,Di Natale etc etc all getting amongst the goals the old guard.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts