Beto
Luís Boa Morte
Custódio
Caneira

among others....

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
Ajax has got to have best youth academy in Europe. Look at their products for the past 3 decades, the likes of Crijuff, Suurbier, Krol, van Basten, Bergkamp, Overmars, Frank de Boer, Ronald de Boer, van der Saar, Davids, Seedorf, Van der Vaart... And of course, the overrated Kluivert.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Easily it's Ajax. I can't think of an academy that's produced as many players of the same quality as Cruyff, Bergkamp, van Basten, Overmars, Davids, Neeskens, and so on. The Ajax Academy is one of the hallmarks of European football :).

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Red Star and Partizan are worthy of a mention as well, maybe the talent is not coming through or rather is not being allowed to develop fully but Partizan have a special kid in the shape of Simon Vukcevic already being scouted by Juve.

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Barcelona has the best football school, someone should sum it up for me, cuz I cant be arsed to do it :D

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
gOD said:
Ajax, Auxerre, Nantes,...
AS Cannes also has a very good one.
With Zinedine Zidane, Patrick Vieira, Thierry Henry, Julien Escudé and Johan Micoud as most famous products. :star:

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Kampfschwein said:
AS Cannes also has a very good one.
With Zinedine Zidane, Patrick Vieira, Thierry Henry, Julien Escudé and Johan Micoud as most famous products. :star:
Henry came through Versailles in Paris, but Clichy is from Canens. Henry is actually born on the same day in the same hospital, and raised in the same district and played for the same academies as William Gallas!

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
khimik said:
Henry came through Versailles in Paris, but Clichy is from Canens. Henry is actually born on the same day in the same hospital, and raised in the same district and played for the same academies as William Gallas!
Yup, I just searched it up. You're completely right.
My mistake. I always thought he went from cannes to Monaco.
I'm pretty sure about the rest of them though. :)

·
Registered
46,331 Posts
In Italy the best school is Atalanta. An impressive number of players now in serie A come from Atalanta Youth teams.

Tacchinardi (Juventus)
Morfeo (Parma)
Locatelli (Bologna)
Pelizzoli (Roma)
Dalla Bona (Lecce)
Pinardi (Lecce)
Donati (Messina)
Cristian (Sampdoria) and Damiano Zenoni (Atalanta)
Zauri (Lazio)
Fausto Rossini (Sampdoria)
Pavan (Sampdoria)
Corrado Colombo (Livorno)
Foglio (Siena)
Montolivo (Atalanta) now Italian Under 21 NT
Pazzini (Atalanta) now Italian Under 21 NT
Pagano (Sampdoria) now Italian Under 21 NT
Rolando Bianchi (Cagliari) now Italian Under 21 NT
and most of Atalanta

And I'm sure I forgot someone

1 - 18 of 18 Posts