Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who are the top 5 wingbacks (left and right backs) players in the world right now? This is my opinion:

(In no particular order)
1. R.Carlos
2. Cafu
3. Puyol
4. J. Zanetti
5. Thuram/ Zambrotta

I would like to know everyone's opinions too ;)

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
1)Roberto Carlos
2)Javier Zanetti
3)Cafu
4)Giourkas Seitaridis
5)Paolo Maldini -just for playing great on that high lever in the age of 36(when he plays as left back)-

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
4)Giourkas Seitaridis
not that he cant be SOME DAY in that list,i like him too and i think that he is one of the most gifted youngsters in greece(with papadopoulos) but putting him there now isnt right IMHO.and dont forget who are the other 4 facing every week and who giourkas does.....
in some years i hope and i believe(if he wont have injuries in his carier and if he wont be unlucky to his choises for a transfer) that he ll be in that list

anyway i hope you get my spirit and this doesnt turn to what it usually does....

for me carlos and javier

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Got it bati but i believe if his name was Seitaridinho he would already be on that list.;)

You consider Puyol as more talented than Seitaridis?

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Got it bati but i believe if his name was Seitaridinho he would already be on that list.
agree on that , but he wouldnt play at pao if he was named like that;)

You consider Puyol as more talented than Seitaridis?
well i dont think you can comper them,seitaridis is more a javier zaneti type IMO(and to tell you the truth it s extremelly unfair for puyol,again about the who do you have to face story..)
and i always thought that yourgas should play in the same position lakis or gianakopoulos does and not in defence,well that has to do with the system too 3.5.2....442 bla bla..(the biggest bs about giourkas i heard was from georgiou that he said that he should play as a central defender:eek: )he should be released for anything that has to do with defense and he will make miracles..

kai einai kai pagida auto to erotima ksereis...as poume theoreis ton batistuta perisotero talantouho apo ton recoba???prosopika ohi,o ourougouanos ehei apisteyto talento tehniki klp alla o enas einai mithos kai o allos bolodernei metaksy pagou kai kerkidas stin inter

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Do any of you guys remember Contra? He used to be good. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
In no particular order:

- Roberto Carlos
- Bixente Lizerazu
- Lilian Thurman
- Paolo Maldini
- Javier Zanetti

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Raven said:
Do any of you guys remember Contra? He used to be good. :rolleyes:
Yah, I remember him. He used to be good at crossing and dribbling the ball, but terribly awful at defending.. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Firenze said:
He was the man. What happened to him?
He moved to Atletico Madrid to help Milan money-wise, and fell out with every manager that has been there since. He is still one of the best right-backs in La Liga with Salgado and Alves, but he is seldomly played with his bad relationship with the staff. Because of his few club games, he has lost his national team place aswell, and only makes substitute appearances for us now. He wants to move from Atletico, probably somewhere else in La Liga.

·
Commander of the OSE
780 Posts
Kampfschwein said:
In no particular order:

- Roberto Carlos
- Bixente Lizerazu
- Lilian Thurman
- Paolo Maldini
- Javier Zanetti
Sorry, this is 2004 we're talking about, not 1998. :D

Kidding, it only shows how good these guys were and how bad the new kids have been the past years...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts