Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought now would be a good time for a random update on the teams from the top 3 leagues in Europe; Italy, Spain and England, and see how they are travelling in the Champions League.

Italy

Juventus - Have qualified top of their group with a 100% record and a set of clean sheets to match.
Inter Milan - Have qualified from their group, although first place is not assured yet.
AC Milan - Have qualified from their group, although first place is not assured yet.
AS Roma - Failed to qualify from their group and will finish outright last.

Spain

Barcelona - Have qualified from their group but need results to go their way in order to finish first.
Real Madrid - Are currently third in their group and need a win to qualify, or for other results to go their way.
Valencia - Are currently third in their group and need a win to qualify, or else they are out.
Deportivo - Failed to qualify from their group and will finish outright last.

England

Liverpool - Are currently third in their group and need a win to qualify, or else they are out.
Arsenal - Are currently second in their group but qualification is not assured yet.
Manchester United - Have qualified from their group, although first not is not assured yet.
Chelsea - Have qualified from their group and will finish first.

Italy is doing fine at the moment with three teams secure. England has two secure teams and is a slight possibility to get all four through. Spain is struggling with only one secure team and two teams hanging on the edge.

:thmbup:

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
How is Real Madrid considered to be hanging on the edge when all they need to do is beat an awful Roma squad in an empty stadium?

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
FigoIsGod said:
How is Real Madrid considered to be hanging on the edge when all they need to do is beat an awful Roma squad in an empty stadium?
Whatever... but you have to win and this Real Madrid is full of surprises. :pp

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Koeman4 said:
If I had a child, I'd bet my first born on a Real Madrid win in Rome.

I'm that confident... more so than any other match.

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
FigoIsGod said:

The last time you were that confident you ended up with a flashing Barca avater :D :D

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
calcio100 said:
The last time you were that confident you ended up with a flashing Barca avater :D :D
Nope, I made a silly Xtratime bet that I was confident my team could win.

Surely only you could place Xtratime reputation alongside the significance of your first-born child.

·
Registered
755 Posts
FigoIsGod said:
you have been watching Madrid lately right ? :rollani:

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
FigoIsGod said:
Tell me about it!

People are so desperate to put down Madrid it's getting funny. :D

Madrid will easily beat Roma and make the last 16.

Who is the only club in Europe to make at least the QF of the Champions League for eight seasons in a row?

Show some damn respect. :frustrat:

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
Real Madrid and Arsenal will qualify, Liverpool and Valencia won't.

I'm crossing my fingers praying that Roma will do something worthwhile for once and expell Madrid out of the competition but realistically speaking, I see Madrid go out of this match victorious!

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Oh don't be silly.

Valencia only need to win 1-0 against Bremen and they are through.

I am putting my money on them, they have way too much class for Bremen if they are on form.

·
Registered
17,535 Posts
Real will obviously start as favourites against Roma, but just because the task is relatively straightforward doesn't mean there can't and won't be any hiccups. Remember that a draw would in any case other than Leverkusen losing to Dynamo Kiev, mean Real are disqualified given their poorer head-to-head record against Leverkusen.
I think Real have too much firepower not to overcome a probably indifferent Roma, but the Romans could want to throw a spanner in the works of Real's qualification bid and a motivated Roma would cause any team trouble. Let alone one that has looked as vulernable as Real has recently. Should be interesting.

Still much to look forward to in the last round of fixtures, given so many undetermined matters.

·
Registered
59,878 Posts
FigoIsGod said:
FigoIsGod said:

El Fenómeno. said:
Madrid will easily beat Roma and make the last 16.
I'm keeping those quotes just in case Roma conjure up a shocking result. :D

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
Arsenal should qualify comfortably. Madrid as they always do in the CL group stages, will probably do just enough to get through. Valencia suck balls this season for some reason, and I wouldn't be surprised if a tough Bremen outfit left Spain with a point. Liverpool would be expected to qualify, but all the injuries they are having might make it just too much for them.

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
Koeman4 said:
Yep. Almost like Barça. Just when you start to think they will smash everything what creeps and plays footie, a shitty Betis and Celtic come their way.... :pp

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
FigoIsGod said:

Even your avatar talks about your confidence. :D

·
Registered
522 Posts
italian teams would just LOVE to spoil spanish dreams. And Roma could just go for a draw... And Real could probably be out of the competition... I wouldn't make any bets on THIS one...

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
It would be sweet to see Roma win against FC Hollywood!:jester:

FORZA ROMA!!!!:thmbup:

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
San Siro said:
It would be sweet to see Roma win against FC Hollywood!:jester:

FORZA ROMA!!!!:thmbup:

Cheers.;)
Keep on dreaming........how many goals do you want to see in your net in the next match, you said? :pp

1 - 20 of 22 Posts