Denmark
Colombia
Chile
Egypt
Uruguay
Japan
Norway
Paraguay

The last 8 was a bit of a guesswork, probably several other leagues could claim to be more or less on the same level

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
There are 25 leagues in the world?

·
1st Tier Poster
50,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Top divisions only from each nation, I'm perfectly aware that English Championship could claim to be better than most of the top leagues in that list so don't bother pointing that out.

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
Japanese league is better than MLS I would say, good combination of senior Japanese NT players (US tend to lose theirs) and solid Brazilian journeymen.

Also some of the gulf leagues look decent on paper, don't know them well enough to judge, though.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Norwegian league in the top25? I'd love to see that but I doubt it. It was better a few years ago, not because Rosenborg won feck all, but the general level was better. Although it is more competitive nowadays with Brann and Viking and Valerenga forming opposition.

I follow the Israeli league from quite close as well and IMO it is better than the Norwegian league at the moment.

I'd say as well you may need to include leagues like Tunisia, Australia (in terms of potential), Romania in there.

And where is the iconic Scillonian League?! :mad:

·
Fourth Place Winner, April Photo Contest 2008
3,512 Posts
what's denmark doing there? And yeah Romania should be up there definitely.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Top 13 only.:D

England
Spain
Italy
France
Germany
Brazil
Argentina
Portugal
Russia
Holland
Turkey
Greece
Romania

Ah and Ukraine,i follow this league,well only dinamo games and once in a while shakhtar ones,the level is very poor.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
1. England, Spain, Italy (In order, at the moment at least)

2. France, Germany, Argentina, Brazil (in order)

3. Portugal, Russia, Holland (in order)

4. Romania, Scotland, Greece, Turkey, Ukraine, Mexico (in no particular order)

5. Uruguay, Japan, Colombia, Belgium ... (in no particular order)

Hard to rank after that. :wallbang:

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
1. England, Spain, Italy (In order, at the moment at least)

2. France, Germany, Argentina, Brazil (in order)

3. Portugal, Russia, Holland (in order)

4. Romania, Scotland, Greece, Turkey, Ukraine, Mexico (in no particular order)

5. Uruguay, Japan, Colombia, Belgium ... (in no particular order)

Hard to rank after that. :wallbang:
this is very close from the truth :thmbup:

i think la liga and serie are about equal.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
this is very close from the truth :thmbup:

i think la liga and serie are about equal.
I would put La Liga before EPL.

IMO it is
1. La Liga
2. EPL
3. Serie A

The difference is that in Spain, apart from Barca and Real who almost always finish top-3, that there are multiple other competitive teams that also can get far in Europe. EPL has the best top-4 in the world, but the other EPL teams aren't that great compared to the other teams of La Liga.

For the nr 4 spot Germany is probably just in advance of France at this moment although before this season I'd have said it the other way around.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
I don't agree with EPL being above La Liga. The top 4 in England are indeed better than Spain's top 4 as a whole, but the the gulf in quality in the rest of the table is pretty easy to see.

·
Registered
67,711 Posts
In terms of quality teams it's like this for Europe, I never watch S. American leagues and MLS/Mexico is complete crap imo.

EPL
LA Liga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
RPL
Portugal
Holland

Russia > Portugal and Holland in terms of depth and competitiveness. Porto is stronger than any Russian team but top to bottom Russia is the better league imo.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
I have a question , How did you guys come up with the conclusion that La Liga is stronger than Serie A.

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
I don't agree with EPL being above La Liga. The top 4 in England are indeed better than Spain's top 4 as a whole, but the the gulf in quality in the rest of the table is pretty easy to see.
In that case, you'll have to take Serie A into consideration for your argument. Teams like Palermo, Sampdoria, Napoli and Genoa are not easy to beat.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts