Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Mario Götze*(Borussia Dortmund)
Hailed by former Dortmund and German star Matthias Sammer as one of the greatest talents Germany has ever produced. His breakthrough season has been nothing short of a fairytale after breaking into Juergen Klopp's side. Flying high at the top of the Bundesliga and making his national team debut at the age of 18 years-old against Sweden, the future looks very bright for the prodigious attacking midfielder. After a number of impressive displays for Dortmund, Götze was quickly fast tracked to the senior national team by coach Joachim Löw. The young playmaker has been instrumental's in Dortmund's monumental rise to the top of the Bundesliga this season. A versatile attacking player who is able to operate behind the main striker or on either flank, Götze has demonstrated excellent technical ability with a good range of passing and superb vision, often opening up opposition with defence splitting passes. Born in Memmingen, Germany, Götze made his debut for Dortmund's under-17 side at the age of 15 years-old. At 16, he was promoted to Dortmund's under-19 side but only managed to take part in 13 out of 26 matches due to injury, scoring eight goals and assisting seven more. He was rewarded with a place in Marco Pezzaiuoli's team at the 2009 U-17 European Championships, which Germany went on to win. His impressive performances in the tournament and at the U-17 World Cup helped earn him the prestigious Fritz Walter gold medal given to the best player in Germany aged 17 or under.(heres the link for the rest http://footballwonderkidscout.co.uk/#/football-wonderkids/4546978428)

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
No Camporese from Fiorentina so the list sucks :pp

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
So I guess the likes of Neymar and Wilshire are already too big for this list?
Plus, why put in a 22 year old (Bruno Cesar) when majority of the players are U-20.

Seeing Funes Mori and Araujo that high makes me laugh. Going by the U-20, Araujo should be nowhere near top 50s, while Funes not even in top 100. Not seeing Pezzella anywhere in the list sucks as well.

Also, Lanzini should be top 5 whereas Lamela anywhere other than at number 1 is injustice. :stuckup:

·
10'un Adi Lefter
8,620 Posts
No Gokay Iravul or Okan Alkan, and Ilkay only #100? This list sucks :D

·
Registered
101 Posts
So many players left off this list that it is hard to take seriously but it is still interesting to here some new names and then form your own research and opinion about them.

·
Registered
23,876 Posts
those lists are always funny to reread in 5 years time
Funny enough to read now. Is just someone that made up a list of players her heard about. Very likely he has not watched half of them and in many cases base it on fan opinion.

89.*Linus Hallenius*(Genoa)
Hailed as the new Zlatan Ibrahamovic, Hallenius signed for Italian outfit Genoa in January 2011 from Superettan side Hammarby IF for a fee in the region of £2 million. Standing at 6ft 2 inches, Hallenius has good physical and technical abilities and uses his imposing figure to trouble defenders. With excellent technique, good ball control and an eye for goal it is easy to see why there have been comparisons with Ibrahamovic.
I never seen him compared to Zlatan and judging on their play in Sweden there is no likeness at all.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
:howler:

Hallenius is just fast, he doesn't have any brains..god knows what they were watching, probably haven't watched him..

·
Registered
13,672 Posts
WTF:eek: where is wilshere???

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
i went through the list twice and I cant find Sarabia anywhere. :eek: They have Morata on 6 but Sarabia nowhere on it?

Cant believe that kid keeps so underrated. Hes been voted to the best player of U-19 EC and still doesnt make UEFAs ideal 11?

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Yeah, that one is strange. Morata is in but no Sarabia is just wrong.

In fact, I believe Spanish U20 team is missing a player like Sarabia right now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts