Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to this board but I'm a big time soccer fan, I would like to know who are the top 10 under-19 midfielders in the game? also if anyone has information on Piotr Trochowski or David Odonkor that would be great.

Thanks!:)

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Hugo Viana of Portugal was recently given an award for being the top under 21 player in Europe. He just turned 19.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
could Van Persie be included? he's pretty good. On this they highly rank Mourad Meghni(as the next Zidane) and Piotr Trochowski but I think there 17 or 18. Van der Vaart is an excellent player and Viana has to be pretty high on that list aswell.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
maybe kaka (brazil)...he is pretty good...but i m not sure his actual age...

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Kaka is 20 (born 1982).

Iniesta could be included in the list also. I havn't seen him play, but considering his hype he should be good.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Van der Vaart of course, last season he scored 14 goals in 20 matches as a midfielder left/centre! He was born on 11/02/1983. He will be one of the best players in the world, I think.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Brighi

For me the are 2 players that are going to be the best in the world.
Julius Aghahowa-Plays at Shaktar Donesk and scored for Nigeria at the WC2002 against Sweden with a beautiful goal and he is only 19.
Matteo Brighi-Plays at Juve but the past season been loaned out to Bologna.He is great!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
First post and want to test if i done things correct.

Diego Ribas da Cunha. Will be the next Ronaldinho to come from Brazil. Only 17 but according to reports from websites he is years ahead of his age.
:D

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I think Odonkor and Trochowski are 2 of the biggest talents in german history. Odonkor is quick and powerfuul at the left, trochowski is creative.

My top 5 dutch midfielders(all 5 topclass):

1 Van Persie (10 or left wing, he will shock the world. His left foot is one of the best I've ever seen. His shot is hardly matched by anyone.)

2 Van der Vaart (Left central midfield, although Koeman says he's too good for this position so he will play him only at 10, were he has even more influence at the game.)

3 Boutahar (the oldest, 20, left central midfield)

4 Sneijder (Left/right central midfield. Very small, but good vision, technique and exactly the same with both feet. Good kick.)

5 Hoogstrate (small, but skillfull. Right central midfield.)
;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
is Van Persie really that good? Di you think Van Persie and Van der Vaart will play for Holland at euro 2004? I heard Van Persie is injured? do you have more info?

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Van Persie has a stress fracture at his back. He used it to much. But he should start training already this week or the next.
But he is a marvellous player. His right leg is less strong, but his left..... He can do everything with it. It's a born footballplayer. He hasn't really shown it yet, because for the first time in his life he plays at left wing, so plays further way from the goal. Van Persie is far bether than Bergkamp for example(off course he still has to prove). But he's a player of that type. A classical nr.10 Watch his freekick. He almost has a Beckham like curve with his left leg.
The big difference between our 2 biggest talents, Van der Vaart and Van Persie, is that V/d V. is a lot more an adult. He's very smart and typical dutch. He doesn't really shows his skills, he only uses it as far as he really needs it. He's a real team player. (But he can also do the most skilfull things). Van Persie is more the individual artist. His parents are artists, painters and he has the same in his football. He's the kind of player more people worldwide would appreciate. He has the actions that would be shown all over the world. I only hope Feijenoord won't 'kill' these qualities. In general in The Netherlands, players like Van der Vaart are appreciated more.
Van der Vaart will probably play with the senior national team from now on. He already made his debut. Van Persie will probably stay in the under23 side and make the switch after the olympics.
;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What about van Persie's speed, dribbling, visiom? and who would you rather have on your team van Persie or Van der Vaart?

thanks man

·
Registered
573 Posts
I prefer Van der Vaart in my team. Van Persie has no experience, only a half season. Van der Vaart made his debut about 2,5 years ago and he made a good impression. But I don't think you could compare this two players. They have two different positions.

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
*R9* said:
First post and want to test if i done things correct.

Diego Ribas da Cunha. Will be the next Ronaldinho to come from Brazil. Only 17 but according to reports from websites he is years ahead of his age.
:D
Correct, has been linked with a move to Rangers in Scotland, which would be good for his development before moving onto the 'big leagues'

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Van der Vaart said:
I prefer Van der Vaart in my team. Van Persie has no experience, only a half season. Van der Vaart made his debut about 2,5 years ago and he made a good impression. But I don't think you could compare this two players. They have two different positions.
You can compare Van der Vaart and Van Persie. Van der Vaart's a midfielder center and Van Persie's a attacking midfielder center. Van der Vaart is the best. In 2001/2002, he scored 14 at 18 years old. :eek: I think he deserve to be Ajax' Player of the Year.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Van Persie is surprisingly quick, as he proved last season at left wing. He had no problems at this point.
His vision is good.
His dribbles are magic! His strongest point, together with his tricks. He played at the streets from the day he could walk, together with the other talented midfielder Said Boutahar. They made each other very strong.
But, as I said, Van der Vaart is the man with the vision. He hardly uses his dribbles and his tricks(wich he has) and his speed, height and right leg are his 3 weeknesses. Everything else is very good.
Van Persie is the magic man, who plays the way his hart says he should play. He is the kind of player fans of Brazilian football would worship. Even one of the most famous 'football professors' of Brazil, I lost his name, became a fan when he saw him play last year.
So they are comparable in the way they are both left sides midfielders and both can play at 10, but they are 2 different(opposing) types of players.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks alot Oranje your very helpful aswell as everyone else. I saw some video of Van Persie and his kicks look good. Do you think Van Persie and Van der Vaart will be on Holland Team in the future? and I think Holland has a very bright with Van Persie, Van der Vaart, Robben and Boutahar.

thanks again!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts