Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
International
5,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
10- I believe preparation and knowing your opponent inside out before the biggest game of your life is like breathing.

9-I believe you should play your best and fittest players. I would never choose that gimp Baia over such a standout keeper like Ricardo. Doing so would also mess with team chemisty.

8-Speed kills. Tie this one to number 10 as well.

7-I am not a MORON! Maybe a little off my rocker, but definately not a MORON when compared to our present coach, who knows as much about this game as my 2 month old son.

6- I don't have any political, or business interests tied to the call-ups for the select team.

5-I believe in sticking to what has worked. If it ain't broke don't fix it. If Nuno has continuously delivered the goods, why bring him in with only 10 minutes to go and no midfield to give him the ball.

4-Humility goes along way. I think they actually believed the hype.

3-I would put Joao Pinto to pasture, since all he does is eat grass.

2-Coaching is about the ability to get the most out of your players, not the least. If I were to pull such a result as yesterday's I would commit suicide. The question is, WILL OLIVEIRA do what is in the best interest of our county and shoot himself.

1- I am better looking, I am smarter, I am bigger, I am younger, and dog gone it, people like me!

·
Registered
273 Posts
A couple of other reasons:

I don't think like a bureaucrat and reward the people around who have been there the longest (e.g., Baia, J. Costa, Couto) with plum starting positions over other people who may actually DESERVE to be there.

My name is not Antonio Oliveira, who while he may be a successful businessman and nice guy (Is he? I don't know), just does not cut it as a coach for many of the reasons that Red Eagle outlined above.

·
International
5,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OGOLO said:
ive got a reson why you wouldnt be a better coach, cause i am a better cnadidate:D
Oh yeah, well where's your top ten list?? ;)

BTw, in keeping with the Asian WC theme, I propose Oliveirca commit "Hada Kiri" if the Portuguese Nats can't make the 2nd stage.

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
I can't even begin to imagine how pissed off you guys are. You know I believe my boys were ready for action and deserved to win, but damn, your boys really did seem surprised that they had a game to play. Your keeper didn't shine but I think some may be being a little hard on him... his fullback blocked him on the first one and then the own goal, and then McBride was way wide open, no chance. You biggest downer was that back trying to mark McBride.... was that one of the Costas? He looked older and slower than my lame ass out there. He could not compete. That hurt you the worst.

Look, you win your next two, we win our next two, then you play Italy, we play Mexico, we both win, on to the round of eight, then everything is alright again in Ironbound, OK? OK.

·
International
5,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Freddie said:
I can't even begin to imagine how pissed off you guys are. You know I believe my boys were ready for action and deserved to win, but damn, your boys really did seem surprised that they had a game to play. Your keeper didn't shine but I think some may be being a little hard on him... his fullback blocked him on the first one and then the own goal, and then McBride was way wide open, no chance. You biggest downer was that back trying to mark McBride.... was that one of the Costas? He looked older and slower than my lame ass out there. He could not compete. That hurt you the worst.

Look, you win your next two, we win our next two, then you play Italy, we play Mexico, we both win, on to the round of eight, then everything is alright again in Ironbound, OK? OK.
THat's my point on the top 10. We were caught by the USNATS taking a **** in the middle of the woods without anything to wipe our @ss with. THat goes on the coach.

Baia, was out of position in all 3 goals which were came as crosses. THat was obvious, especially on McBride's goal.

As to the defenders, your analysis is dead on.

Btw, my comments take nothing from the US. Whom I expected to come out and play well. They have a brilliant coach, and the players necessary to give anyone fits.

The Ironbound is in a freakin state of mourning. Don't eat there in the next couple of days.

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
RedEagle said:
The Ironbound is in a freakin state of mourning. Don't eat there in the next couple of days.
Yeah :(...but I hope some have learned a lesson.

·
International
5,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Me Lady! :)

Where have you been? Your presence, much like our squad's defense has been missed!

I indicated to Pen not too long ago, that you had a special project in Macau, and thus your absence. :D

Hope all is well!

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
Yeah, all is well. Thank you! :)

I had to take that last chance in Macau. ;) I'll stop being "free" soon, and hence my absence. Do you think Pila would make a good flower girl? He‘s short and all. ;) :tongue:

I hope our boys can get it together...but I don’t have much hope for this WC anymore.

Where do I sign the petition to make you our NT coach?

·
International
5,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LadyEagle said:
Yeah, all is well. Thank you! :)

I had to take that last chance in Macau. ;) I'll stop being "free" soon, and hence my absence. Do you think Pila would make a good flower girl? He‘s short and all. ;) :tongue:

I hope our boys can get it together...but I don’t have much hope for this WC anymore.

Where do I sign the petition to make you our NT coach?

CONGRATS!:)

Sorry to hear project in Macau fell through ;)

I think your choice of Pila is excellent. HE will not only make a fantastic flower girl, but you can also use him as your foot pedastal into your limo! :D

Don't fret about the WC. Our boyz play better when they have something to prove.

THey have the little team complex. They can't play as favorites.

·
Premier Player
2,656 Posts
RedE- Your reasons sound good, but unless you smoke butts you're out. There some ancient Portuguese law that states that the coach of the selecao must smoke at least a half a pack of cigaretts a day.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
RedE ill post my top ten list why ill make a better candidate to coachn the tugas another day, right now though im feeling a little lazy and still gutted about the deafeat. But in all honesty there is some good points in this defeat, at least for us portuguese-americans. One its making soccer more popular here, and 2 its giving portugal more coverage, of course not the way we wanted it but if u hear everyone they are saying this uis the USA biggest win ever. Correct me if i am wrong they did beat teams like england,Germany,brazil, etc. They know our power and strength, and i think most importantly, they know we didnt play at our best. But not taking nothing away from sam's army, we didnt play our best because they didnt let us.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts