Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like midfielders and I appreciate their game more than those of goalkeepers, defenders and strikers. Despite people bashing Serie A and calling it a weak league, I think Serie A has some terrific midfielders. After watching a lot of Serie A action (just like I have done for the past 15 years), I think the following are the current top 10 midfielders:

/With no particular Order/

Pirlo - I don`t think I can say sth more than you already know and read about him.

Marchissio - An elegant, hard working all around midfielder, capable of playing in various tactical schemes.

Vidal - My favorite midfielder of Serie A. Heard little of him before moving to Juve last summer. A beat in all aspects of the game.

Hernanes - An elegant midfielder, good dribbler and ball control, nice shot, good vision of the game. 8 goals so far this season. This season he plays in a deeper role which further displays his qualities.

Hamsik - An impressive attacking minded midfielder. Quick, nice shot, good with headers and with an overall impressive game.

Borja Valero - I can`t believe a Spanish midfielder is playing that well in Serie A. Awesome vision for the game, nice passes, high intelligence.

Guarin - A brilliant midfielder and not inferior to neither from this list. This guy does it all. He makes the difference in the current Inter midfield.

Nainggonal - Once this guy moves to a bigger club, he will be a top European midfielder. Hope he joins Lazio somehow. I would sell half of my team for him. He is half of Cagliari.

Inler - Another terrific midfielder who scores spectacular goals. He was great at Udinese and continued with the same pace at Napoli. Instrumental for Mazzarii`s game.

Lodi - Catania has 32 points already and a lot of credit goes to this typical Italian midfielder who is having a terrific season and already linked to a lot of big Serie A clubs. Lucky is the team to get him.

==========================

HONORABLE MENTIONS

Pjanic and Lamela (Roma)
Ledesma and Mauri (Lazio)
Pogba (Juve)
Pizaro (Firentina)
Behrami (Napoli)
Gomez and Izco (Catania)
Diamanti (Bologna)
Valdes (Parma)
Cambiaso (Inter)
Obiang (Sampdoria)

***I may have forgotten someone, but these are in general the best midfielders in Serie A right now!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts