·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Top 10+ Football Leagues (2003 numbers)

1 Germany---36,420
2 England----34,733
3 Spain------28,651
4 Italy-------26,432 (currently, it is 22112)
5 Mexico-----23,750
6 Turkey
7 France
8 Japan---18,765 (2005 season)
9 Argentina
10 Championship/Dutch/Scotland/USA/ (these four are around 15,000 each)

http://www.geocities.com/worldfootballrankings2004/Top125Leagues.html

The numbers are from 2003 (I think)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sir Leonardo said:
Bah, that's really old. NSL has been dead for two years. The A-League would be around 25th on that list.
It's 2 years ago dude. Not 'really' old.

The top 10+ leagues will stay the same, for the most part.

J-league of Japan and MLS of USA are the two leagues that has the most potential to increase by 3,000-5,000 in the next 5-10 years. C-league of China? Maybe but it is not doing so well right now averaging less than 10,000.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just curious, does anyone know the current average attendance for Series A?

I heard that Juventus attendance stinks. They can't even draw more than 8,000 for Champions League.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Italy will remain low while the same teams always win and while all the big clubs of the past with big stadiums remain either in the lower doldrums of Serie A or in Serie B or even in Serie C.

Also football just isnt an attraction anymore, not the style of play which is as good as it has been in Italy, but it is now a circus, people are getting bored of the business like nature that it is nowadays. Its not a sport anymore

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Italy will remain low while the same teams always win and while all the big clubs of the past with big stadiums remain either in the lower doldrums of Serie A or in Serie B or even in Serie C.

Also football just isnt an attraction anymore, not the style of play which is as good as it has been in Italy, but it is now a circus, people are getting bored of the business like nature that it is nowadays. Its not a sport anymore
Well said.
ELP attentences are going to go down over the next few years. People are going to get sick of Chelseas dominance and the shitty 4-5-1 defensive formation which many ELP sides are starting to play.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
italy...their crwod is dwindling how come?

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Kyle said:
because the fan's are crap, juventus is always empty too

but it is supposed to be a sawker nation? and they call themselves a sawker nation

Must be the ticket prices or something

·
Banned
10,200 Posts
Jonny Knoxville said:
but it is supposed to be a sawker nation? and they call themselves a sawker nation

Must be the ticket prices or something
Juventus fan's say the pitch is too far from the stand's to see, but i'd still go if Old Trafford was the same

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
The fans in Italy are not crap... well at least they never used to be, football in Italy is or was a religion. Im not sure, other people who live in Italy now will know more than me, but you cant generalise and say Italians fans are crap because this is just like saying Italian people are crap which is not a nice thing.

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Damn how is Spain so weak with Camp Nou attendance of 70 000 at every game ?

I ever think attendance have factors to take care
- The weather
- The Tv showing matches or not
- The importance of the game

By numbers, the weather in Germany or England should not stop supporters to go the stadiums.

Finally the numbers are good for football ;)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts