Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
The Ties That Bind
16,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...outside of La Liga, the Premiership, Ligue 1, the Bundesliga and Serie A.

Who are they? What position do they play? What can you tell me about them?

·
Administrator
29,790 Posts
I think it would be Alex in Turkey, easily one of the best playmakers in the world, awesome in dead balls.
Juninho Pernambucano in Lyon. Pretty much the same thing, with more mobility than Alex, but less skills in end of the day.
In Holand plays Gomes and Alex for PSV, goalkeeper and central defender. Alex is most likely the Best DM we have, a giant Adriano-size, serious and self-controled. Gomes is a keeper that can position well, firm and constant.
In Brazil i think would go Fernandao, tall, strong, but good vision and domain of ball for a center-foward and plays for Internacional; the fast and agile Nilmar of Corinthians...

·
The Ties That Bind
16,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JCamilo said:
I think it would be Alex in Turkey, easily one of the best playmakers in the world, awesome in dead balls.
Juninho Pernambucano in Lyon. Pretty much the same thing, with more mobility than Alex, but less skills in end of the day.
In Holand plays Gomes and Alex for PSV, goalkeeper and central defender. Alex is most likely the Best DM we have, a giant Adriano-size, serious and self-controled. Gomes is a keeper that can position well, firm and constant.
In Brazil i think would go Fernandao, tall, strong, but good vision and domain of ball for a center-foward and plays for Internacional; the fast and agile Nilmar of Corinthians...
What position is Nilmar?

How do you rate Tevez and Mascerano?

·
Administrator
29,790 Posts
Mascherano here did not played anything yet. He was a very mobile and secure DM.
Tevez is fast, tireless, cleaver and strong. Good player.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Look to the East

And I am not thinking only on the amazing faze of Rivaldo in Greece at the moment, but also of players in Rusia, may I mention Daniel Carvallo

Alex is wonderful of cocourse

You may look at the thread Turkey Samba and look at some klips

You will enjoy it

Same about Rivaldo action in Greece

Unfortunately we do not get any klips from the Russian and Ucrainian leagues, but the russian channel that i have on my cable TV shows some games and when Danuel carvallo is not injured it is a delight seeing him play

In Ucraine Shahtar Donieck have a whole battery of good Brazilians, who ccame there because of the money that is available there lately

Lion is a team which have a respectable battery of Brazilians , JC will agree at least about Caçapa, Fred and Cris are playing ther ex Cruzerenses, etc

The problem with all this players is that most of the members of this forum looks only at CL matches, and sometime have the wrong impression

Only by following the players during a long time in the lleagues of their countries you can appreciate tham

Of course another country who has a lot of good brazilians is Portugal

But let somebody else write about them, I must say that th young goalkeepr of Benfica impressed me, but maybe not many people will share my opinion

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
.BLAUGRANA. said:
What position is Nilmar?

How do you rate Tevez and Mascerano?
Mascherano played 8 games in 2005, was good, but got injured. Now he returned and is playing very well, fighting for the balls and making good moves.

Tevez is an excellent player. Dribbles well, is strong, fights for every ball, likes to have responsability for him and can decide a game.

Nilmar played for Lyon in 2004-05, is a fast striker and good at scoring.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Nilmar should dedicate himself to scuba diving. Good player but that trace of personality of trying to take advantage at any cost is terrible...

·
FM of the Year 2007
10,611 Posts
LUZ13 said:
But let somebody else write about them, I must say that th young goalkeepr of Benfica impressed me, but maybe not many people will share my opinion
In Lissabon he made some awful mistakes against Barcelona. In Spain he did a very good job I think.

Still, there are better Brazilian goalkeepers I think :)

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
JCamilo said:
In Brazil i think would go Fernandao, tall, strong, but good vision and domain of ball for a center-foward and plays for Internacional..
is that the same guy who played in France for Marseille and Toulouse? I can vaguely remember a player by that name but i don't think he did much in those teams

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
toulose is a shit team. fernandão is a good player, not a magician.

·
The Ties That Bind
16,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Alex is intriguing. Done reading up on him (I'd heard of him, but not much) and watched some of the clips (thanks). Where do you think he would fit in with Barça's current formation? What player would he replace if you were to put Alex in the most ideal position in Barça's current formation?

Cacapa. How good is he? One of L1's best defenders?

·
The Ties That Bind
16,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
.BLAUGRANA. said:
Alex is intriguing. Done reading up on him (I'd heard of him, but not much) and watched some of the clips (thanks). Where do you think he would fit in with Barça's current formation? What player would he replace if you were to put Alex in the most ideal position in Barça's current formation?

Cacapa. How good is he? One of L1's best defenders?
Not to sound too demanding, but the sooner I find out the better. :)

·
Administrator
29,790 Posts
Alex would be somewhere in Deco's place, however he is not as mobile as Deco, so that would change Barca way of playing a lot.
Caçapa is good, calm and he is the best defender of Lyon. (He was already better than Edmilson)

·
The Ties That Bind
16,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
JCamilo said:
Alex would be somewhere in Deco's place, however he is not as mobile as Deco, so that would change Barca way of playing a lot.
Caçapa is good, calm and he is the best defender of Lyon. (He was already better than Edmilson)
Deco is quite good defensively as he makes smart tackles and tracks back a lot. So by saying he's not as mobile, is Alex as good defensively?

·
The Ties That Bind
16,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BTW JC, I read your comments on Ceni in the World forum. How would you rate him compared to the rest of the keepers OUTSIDE of La Liga, EPL, Ligue 1, Bundesliga and Serie A?

·
Administrator
29,790 Posts
Alex is poor defensively, that is one of the reasons he would in a way break the formation of Barca. In a way he is the player who receive the ball to give to the finisher, unlike deco, who goes after the recovered ball to give to RG or Messi...In a way, you need to have middlefield feeding him the balls...a bit Riquelme.

Ceni is a very good keeper. Today he learnt to keep his tongue hidden during the games but In my opinion he is already past his better momment. Although he still good and with a lot of experience and those days his positioning is flawless. In a thing he is indeed amazing, he is without doubt the best keeper using the feet in the world, not just with dead balls and such but his reposition is quite unique.
In a sense, Casillas and Buffon are in a level apart of others and Ceni is among those who come behind and the decision who is better is just a matter of personal opinion.

·
Banned
503 Posts
1 - 20 of 43 Posts