Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do you think are the 10 best ever strikers in the history of soccer?Where in the top 10 ranking would you place great strikers like Van Basten, Ronaldo, Muller, Romario and Bobby Charlton? Are Pele and Maradona considered as strikers? Discuss! :)

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
1. Pele was not a pure striker (AM, CF, Support striker)
2. Maradona was more of a midfielder ;)
3. Cruyff and Di Stefano where all overir the pitch; this is why I don't consider them strikers
4. Tostao, Charlton, and Baggio were not true strikers either.

Pure Strikers:

1. Ronaldo
2. Van Basten
3. Romario
4. Eusebio
5. Puskas
6. Muller
7. Seeler
8. Cubillas
9. Kempes
10. Batistuta

·
International
9,526 Posts
Very subjective. In no particular order, other than Pele first.

Pele and Romario. Puskas and Kocsis. Greaves. Van Basten. Eusebio. Muller. Law. Fontaine?

(Maradona, Best, Di Stefano, Charlton, Cruyff...they don't really fit the description 'striker').

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Fred Elliot said:
Very subjective. In no particular order, other than Pele first.

Pele and Romario. Puskas and Kocsis. Greaves. Van Basten. Eusebio. Muller. Law. Fontaine?

(Maradona, Best, Di Stefano, Charlton, Cruyff...they don't really fit the description 'striker').
no ronaldo on your list... :googly:

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Eusebio.

·
Banned
12,611 Posts
Marco van Basten
Alfredo Di Stefano
Gabriel Batistuta
Gerd Müller
Mario Kempes
Ferenc Puskas
Guillermo Stábile
Eusebio
Sandor Kocsis
Juste Fontaine

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
it seems that the two popular choices are ronaldo and van basten, my quetion is, was ronaldo ever topscorer in serie a..? i'm not sure if van b was either...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Marco van Basten
Alfredo Di Stefano
Gabriel Batistuta
Eusebio
Romario
Silvio Piola
Roberto Baggio
Pele
Puskas
Meazza

·
10'un Adi Lefter
8,620 Posts
Alfredo Di Stefano
Ferenc Puskas
Pele
Muller
Sivori
Eusebio
Weah
Baggio
Romario
Stanley Matthews

·
Registered
625 Posts
SOC_FAN said:
it seems that the two popular choices are ronaldo and van basten, my quetion is, was ronaldo ever topscorer in serie a..? i'm not sure if van b was either...
Van Basten was top scorer in serie a twice
1989/1990 and 1991/1992

Ronaldo broke serie A rookie goal scoring record. He scored 25 goals in his debut season, but unfortunately outscored by Bierhoff, who scored 27 goals.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Genjuro said:
Van Basten was top scorer in serie a twice
1989/1990 and 1991/1992

Ronaldo broke serie A rookie goal scoring record. He scored 25 goals in his debut season, but unfortunately outscored by Bierhoff, who scored 27 goals.
thanx :thumbsup:

·
Registered
626 Posts
Van Basten was twice serie a's top scorer with milan .....most of the guys that were already mention here arent exactly ppl who i have seen but i know they are the best that have been ..but right now do u guys consider shearer and vieri as the great strikers? Shearer has been doing his club great deal with his consistency in goal scoring and if he is not retired yet im sure he would have start along owen or rooney for england. While Vieri has his goals to speak for himself ...a single season in LaLiga which saw 24 goals in 24 games and when he became Serie A's top scorer with Inter in 2002-03 it was 24goals in 23 games .....and he has a ratio of 1 goal for 2games with the NT. This 2 are among the best i ever seen.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts