Xtratime Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saviola, Requelme, and Galardo
Those are able to change any team in the world from worst to the best...
so how Argentina didn't recognize that!!!!!!!!!!!
many Argentinian players were sucks in the world cup...and the first one Batistuta...

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
We took a very good team to the WC. if certain players were missing then that is a matter of opinion. Riquelme and Saviola will be very important for Argentina's future so I'm sure we'll be hearing alot about them between now and 2006. Gallardo though at this point I'm not to sure abiut though I think that Bielsa should have given him an poortunity during the WC.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
U ARE RIGHT...
but do u remember when Galardo score the draw goal against brazil when Argentine win 2-1...he is super...
and before 2 years Galardo was the best player in France...
and about the wc, where is that good team!!!!!!!!:confused:

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
The team that went to the WC was the same one that was deemed as the pre tournament favorite. It's the same team that won the South American qualifiers by 12 points and scored 42 goals in 18 qualifying matches. Football is funny that way and things didn't work out and at the end we're out of the WC coz a questionable penalty (England) and a free kick in the Sweden match. Surely, we could have also performed better, a number of players didn't live up to their potential but in all three group matches we dominated possession. We deserved to beat Nigeria and Sweden and draw against England BUT although we had opportunities we didn't take our chances and again although we didn't play badly we certainly could have performed better.

Emperor said:
U ARE RIGHT...
but do u remember when Galardo score the draw goal against brazil when Argentine win 2-1...he is super...
and before 2 years Galardo was the best player in France...
and about the wc, where is that good team!!!!!!!!:confused:

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
If you ask me Argentina played good comparing to teams like Sweden, Denmark and England, I wonder what the world would say if Argentina could have scored a goal against Sweden, and walked all the way to the trophy.

Playing with 20 players inside the box dont seem to be a nice football, but that worked with that one-forword system beilsa played with.

People only remember how many goals did you score in the others net, but never get to remember if the team played good or poor,and IMHO Argentina played good football,for sure Argentina could have played more perfect football but some tactical and physical conditions didnt help besides that luck showed his finger to the team.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts